• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK

medium_g5dr2o-RbCwGZCLIFHTv0N_XZsb80sE9S68MtgUoYsg.jpg

Mike Boateng

medium_jpnK0DsZh4xlm4OrIxlY6Fl_1RND8p8gwCFRWp5WTU4.jpg

Leanne Amaning

medium_wr_inSk2GvOk1RpsI0jp1MkEiUjYFdJTGXbxYzHQIwg.jpg

Connor Durman

medium_QVryemYmdtbHeE3_rYxybL3mWk1-p1yKA4re0RUSDO0.jpg

Siânnise Fudge

medium_w628nWnJNSt9jNAFkDMc8v8WEYu-rm2Vp9BK5DW0CCc.jpg

Nas Majeed

medium_ccjfP9AyBXCe_-yG2ugP3BbIPfayWZy133eMiXiP9oE.jpg

Sophie Piper

medium_e5tisrBIpfU2N6BIQajUybUNBDUUFM7zpfBejPPx_98.jpg

Eve Gale Jess Gale

medium_cpDkhEnXAzm04ndysa0Rl_Jsad47HvpoQgP0pvHhPrQ.jpg

Callum Jones

medium_bOKXnwk7HZtBTpmaDeS3xGI5w0HZAw3jcIGobQwDdtM.jpg

Shaughna Phillips

medium_qWzwlQm5Abpz-E4hxPrWVUFB3vCgSDqUDe1y87xBSqM.jpg

Ollie Williams

medium_aynwFoR9qsuMKMrkOblmbqqIRaP6NOv1ekuxCud9DR4.jpg

Paige Turley

http://www.itv.com/loveisland
https://twitter.com/loveisland
https://www.facebook.com/LoveIslandITV2/
https://www.instagram.com/loveisland/
https://www.reddit.com/r/loveislandtv

EDIT: Whoops wrong forum, Mods H E L P! ;)
Thank you Lovely Mod Team

Last edited:

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
I've never stepped outside of the Gaming board... is this what the General board looks like?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Temptation Island is way more outrageous and better because of it. :(

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Not trying to be a hater.....
But serious question for UK-ERA, do girls actually look like this v And is it considered attractive?
They look manufactured.....and seeing what these girls looked like before they left the factory a lot of them were legit attractive.

Im really curious where this look came from.

And my my true trash TV show is back on air......I am ready!

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
But serious question for UK-ERA, do girls actually look like this v And is it considered attractive?
They look manufactured.....and seeing what these girls looked like before they left the factory a lot of them were legit attractive.

That's a look that has come and gone out of fashion several times in my lifetime. The glamour model/page 3 girl look of the 80s, then the Essex girl of the 90s and now whatever they are.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah it's just Love Island attracts a particular kind of people. I cringe when i see how much work these early 20 girls have got done. Usually the most natural are by far the most attractive. The lip fillers always look horrible.

That being said, i think Paige is cute.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

I think that blonde hair, blue eyes & big breasts are pretty popular throughout the (certainly Western) world, though I think that those examples are pretty far along the spectrum and have clearly had a lot of work done to fit that barbie girl aesthetic. I think they're a certain type that a lot of people would find attractive but I don't think it's specific to the UK as pretty much every country will have women who have a similar look/build.

So I think the answer is that yes, some women in the UK will look like that but most won't.

Not my cup of tea but I'm a married 42 year old so I don't think I'm the demographic for the program!

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That's a look that has come and gone out of fashion several times in my lifetime. The glamour model/page 3 girl look of the 80s, then the Essex girl of the 90s and now whatever they are.

I used to visit the UK almost pretty much every year in the 90s.
The clearly fake lip fillers look wasnt a thing....or atleast I never noticed it....not even on Page 3.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I just couldn't bring myself to watch the Winter Series. It takes over my viewing for most of the Summer as it is, I can't waste that much time twice a year.

I think they'd have to make it a Celebrity version or at least put it in a Ski Lodge or something to draw me in for the winter series...a straight copy of the Summer show is too much.

I'm sticking to watching Maura Higgins from last year on Dancing On Ice instead. I can cope with one episode a week of that.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I used to visit the UK almost pretty much every year in the 90s.
The clearly fake lip fillers look wasnt a thing....or atleast I never noticed it....not even on Page 3.

Oh, it's definitely getting more extreme as it's cheaper and easier to get the work done, I'm sure I remember it being around in the 90s though.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
It doesn't come across in photos, but in the actual show Siânnise looks like someone has deepfaked Mellisa Fumero on top of D'Arcy Carden's mannerisms and it's really giving me uncanny valley syndrome.

I will never understand the twin thing. They're sisters! You won't sleep with both of them at the same time! You will however live your life in a constant state of paranoia that you're accidentally hugging the wrong one with disastrous consequences!

Connor's unduly proud of having veneers that are two sizes too big for his head.

Dec 2, 2017
It doesn't come across in photos, but in the actual show Siânnise looks like someone has deepfaked Mellisa Fumero on top of D'Arcy Carden's mannerisms and it's really giving me uncanny valley syndrome.

I will never understand the twin thing. They're sisters! You won't sleep with both of them at the same time! You will however live your life in a constant state of paranoia that you're accidentally hugging the wrong one with disastrous consequences!

Connor's unduly proud of having veneers that are two sizes too big for his head.
The teeth? In Liverpool those kind of teeth are known as Turkey teeth.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm taking it as a symptom of me not understanding women that I just cannot understand why all the girls seem to think Connor is more attractive than Nas just because he's taller.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ollie has room for an entire second face on his forehead.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like the disappointing lovechild of The Punisher and Ross from Friends.

medium_4mg36C-gnucUM_G0FS8SRk3fKRqBANNnv2C3BB_IYMs.jpg

Hahahaha jesus,
What a post.
The fact that the picture totally backs up the words makes this post all the more hilarious.

I'm taking it as a symptom of me not understanding women that I just cannot understand why all the girls seem to think Connor is more attractive than Nas just because he's taller.

Apparently to the simple height matters alot more than most would understand.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Well most of them seem like cunts which is great for people who hate-watch it like me.

Poor Nas, seems like one of the nicest guys in there and is being completely overlooked because of his height.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
and like every year they cast a "shy" inexperienced dark skinned woman. has to be intentional at this point.

Last edited:

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
Did some huge celeb tweet about this show or something. Everybody at both jobs are talking about this show and I've never heard anybody talk about before the end of last year.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
and like every year they cast a "shy" inexperienced black skinned woman. has to be intentional at this point.

It has to be.
Im sure its a mandate because even the Australian version of Love Island did the exact same thing.

Lets see how the season goes though....maybe we get surprised.

But going back to my Factory look talk.
WTH?

EOHZefYXkAA4suX

EOHfzmQXsAI4Hz2

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Did some huge celeb tweet about this show or something. Everybody at both jobs are talking about this show and I've never heard anybody talk about before the end of last year.

It's ratings have been building quite significantly for years, pretty steadily. So not especially. It was certainly a huge ratings winner for ITV the last three years.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

If you are british i almost don't believe you if you are not, the show has gained popularity very quickly over the last few years.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most physically attractive starting cast overall they have had since ever I guess? They normally throw in a guy who isn't shredded but they haven't done that this time it seems, everyone is in really good shape.

Ollie's a posh twat as expected(don't give a fuck how much land you own mate), hopefully he is the very first to go.
Those twins are pretty damn identical, that might cause some chaos.

I hope they have some fun change up's with this Winter season instead of just completely copying the Summer format. Mix it up a bit itv.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amber and Lucie > any women this year
You're not wrong, but imo the men weren't as good looking. I meant both the men and women overall are pretty attractive looking this year. 2017 was a solid starting cast too though tbh, and now that im looking back damn was 2018 a disappointment.
And that's assuming Moira doesn't count as she wasn't a starter contestant.
My favourite contestants are usually the ones added during the show like Maura so looking forward to seeing how that goes.

edit: my phone also thinks maura should be moira

Last edited:

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Can they get rid of the big game hunter cunt ASAP, can't be doing with watching that twat

Given the massive anger from the public he will defo be jettisoned first public vote... and news of it will probably spread inside the villa as soon as they put someone in who has been outside for the fuss in the papers - so the next people to enter.