• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Curtis is a proper snide dickhead now. Can't help but feel like he should've made his mind up and made where he stood clear to one of the girls; it just isn't fair. Then the way he spoke to Maura, who was clearly upset - just a knob. Patronising and creepy. I thought he was a game player with the Amy stuff, but maybe he's just a full-blown creep.

Despite Michael's wobble, I actually think Amber has a good thing now with Ovie. The public seem to adore the two of them, so I could totally see them cruising to the grand final in a platonic coupling if they stick it out together... a friendship couple has placed in the top 3 before, after all.

Mar 29, 2018
I'm not sure with Curtis. I still think he's totally sincere and nice at his heart. I think he just realised with Amy that he's really got to be true to himself and not just do "the right thing"TM with a girl.

So he's evidently super nice at heart but is trying to sort of learn not to be performatively nice all the time?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone at work thinks it's only a matter of time until he comes out.

Wouldn't surprise me, he totally flaps at any level of getting it on with the girls.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Trying to watch Love Island US?
Caro is insane, shes that hot girl everyone likes till they actually talk to her then they are like nope nope nope this is trouble.

By episode 2 I was already like nah nah this girl has to stay cuz she will make excellent TV, but finding love on this show will take someone equally insane or "god forbid" a true dickhead.

Love Island UK.
Fuck this shit.
Ovie and Amber are the best relationship that isnt a relationship.
It is possible for a couple to win even if they arent....romantic right?

He should have gone in hard instead of getting himself friendzoned.
Cuz getting out the friendzone is nigh impossible specially since Amber still has feelings for Michael.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I've got bored of the U.K. one now but I'm really enjoying the US version so far. Poor Zac is feeling the pressure of "his" girl getting picked for a date with the new guy. Caro is something else haha

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Prickish Curtis is best Curtis really seems like he did a nice guy act and used Amy then got bored her and now having fun.

Also Maura winning would be fucking amazing after shit she gone through and way she talks

APZonerunner

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I think Ovie and Amber stand a really strong chance of easily placing in the top three if nobody comes in for either of them - Amber has a great 'narrative' with the Michael thing, and people just love Ovie.

APZonerunner

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
The first look has just dropped for tonight's episode, and though there's not a huge amount in there, it does reveal that the bottom two couples risk being dumped tonight.

So... prediction time. The producers don't decide the format of a dumping until they see the results... and the fact that it's the bottom two, rather than just the last placed being dumped, suggests to me that... I think they're going to do a couple split again. Like, one from each of the bottom couples. And I think this because... I bet Michael is in the bottom two. The public have been hugely anti him since the Amber split, of course...

But the first look also has Amber confessing her feelings to him again, so I feel like the producers will bet that the Islanders will send Joanna home, which leaves him in the awkward position - does he leave with Joanna, or does he stay and give things another go with Amber? This is the drama the producers (and public) want...

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The first look has just dropped for tonight's episode, and though there's not a huge amount in there, it does reveal that the bottom two couples risk being dumped tonight.

So... prediction time. The producers don't decide the format of a dumping until they see the results... and the fact that it's the bottom two, rather than just the last placed being dumped, suggests to me that... I think they're going to do a couple split again. Like, one from each of the bottom couples. And I think this because... I bet Michael is in the bottom two. The public have been hugely anti him since the Amber split, of course...

But the first look also has Amber confessing her feelings to him again, so I feel like the producers will bet that the Islanders will send Joanna home, which leaves him in the awkward position - does he leave with Joanna, or does he stay and give things another go with Amber? This is the drama the producers (and public) want...

I mean how many times does a guy need say no to someone he not interested anymore but course producer meddling to push Amber back to him is getting ridiculous doesn't help Anna saying shit all time.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Joanna is going isnt she?

The producers need the Amber/Michael drama to keep going, its like the only storyline worth anything right now.
Joanna by herself brings like nothing to the table.

APZonerunner

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I dunno, man. If it's up to the other Islanders it'll definitely be Joanna leaving. If it's up to them, I can see Michael trying to do the gentlemanly thing and offering to go. I think the real question is if he really isn't interested in Amber or not. He says he isn't, but a lot of people don't see it. If he sees no chance with Amber, he'll go.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Anyone else find the girls telling amber constantly that Michael has no chemistry with Joannar and he was happier with her amusing? It's embarrassing at this point.

Lol it's quite obvious itv are manipulating these 'votes' .

Last edited:

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Anyone else find the girls telling amber constantly that Michael has no chemistry with Joannar and he was happier with her amusing? It's embarrassing at this point.

Lol it's quite obvious itv are manipulating these 'votes' .

It bizarre emotional manipulation on her I feel sorry for both her and Micheal. Micheal has said multiple times not interested to her face both badly and nice but still has Anna shit stirring and saying he likes her fucking her up thinking he does. Micheal can't move on because everyone in villa giving him and Joanna shit which is ruining there chance of relationship.

It totally fucked up emotional manipulation which producers are also encouraging obviously behind scenes

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Double post.

That went much worse than I was expecting.
If he was "planning" on leaving why didnt he just say, "Ive found all I need I have no reason to stay, Ill be leaving with Joanna" hes fucking about......he wasnt planning on leaving for shit.

Continue the holiday or leave to hang out with a chick you barely connect with?
Plus, theres still a chance with Amber who is smoking....nah bra, be honest you werent going nowhere.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Fuck feel bad for Micheal dude gets shat on no matter what. Didn't even get chance say he wants leave and is jumped on by Joanna then usual harpies nagging Amber saying it you he on about. Things about staying but goes to tell Amber not interested for the 3rd time and shat on again.

Oct 27, 2018
He could have handled speaking to Amber a lot better, but I can see why he did it cos he didn't want to lead her on in any way at all.

The guys crazy for not thinking 'screw this, joanna's gone (and was boring af) so I might as well "crack on" with Amber' cos she is gorgeous. Sure she's incredible volatile but he could have spent the rest of his lads holiday cuddling a babe every night. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I mean during the dumping Caroline jumped in while he was still talking then everybody freaked out. Dude moped around crying but everyone still whispering behind his back saying it not real and he likes Amber. I used like Amber but as season progressed she gotten worse and easy influenced by people around her.
It amusing she like bitching after Micheal shot her down again for the 3rd or 4th time now about how he told her sit down but she instantly sat down and didn't say you what mate or give him shit like she would used to.

Should he have left probably but get why he staying it barely a week left and he get kicked out next dumping anyway as everyone in villa is two faced with him barring Anton so just get some sun n free booze for few days go home to Joanna after.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling the Curtis/Maura thing at all.

I was hoping he would choose Francesca as she seems to quite nice and not as bitchy as some of the others, and no where near as full on as mrs throbbing fanny flutters. As others have pointed out Maura would have absolutely kicked off if Curtis said he was going to sleep outside if he had picked her instead, she is about as hypocritical as they come with how she has been since she entered the villa.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone at work thinks it's only a matter of time until he comes out.

Wouldn't surprise me, he totally flaps at any level of getting it on with the girls.

Been saying that since the start. And I think that's why he was chosen, really.

Don't get this Maura is a 'top gal' ting, beetween her, Anna and Amber they're a bunch of bitchy and entitled women. And the producers concocting the situation to force Michael to split just sealed it.

This year's been a real stinker all round, quicker it finishes the better.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been saying that since the start. And I think that's why he was chosen, really.

Don't get this Maura is a 'top gal' ting, beetween her, Anna and Amber they're a bunch of bitchy and entitled women. And the producers concocting the situation to force Michael to split just sealed it.

This year's been a real stinker all round, quicker it finishes the better.

Having watched it last night (no idea what episode) but Michael had aggro with the girl he was with as she left and I agree that Maura is a little odd, she's hot though but she's showing how tapped she is.

Oct 27, 2017
Having watched it last night (no idea what episode) but Michael had aggro with the girl he was with as she left and I agree that Maura is a little odd, she's hot though but she's showing how tapped she is.

Yeah, I think that was a little down to cutting and Michael not getting the chance to talk to Joanna in private before she left with Amber and the gang sniggering loudly behind him - no wonder he was smirking, he realised he was about to be stitched up.

Anyway, he's out the game now, I doubt he'll want or be able to 'find someone' in the time left - it finishes next week, is that right?

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Yeah it ends next week

I bet Micheal went to the therapy sessions because he was hardly in much footage last night and probably got pushed into staying would explain why he looked so fucked off during the night scenes. I remember Big Brother used to have a rule of 24 hours before you can walk out but with show ending next week they need certain amount of people in villa for it to run smoothly so him walking would fuck it up.

Molly is showing her game side now going around saying every couples relationship apart from hers doesn't look real or serious.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Man I really don't care about this final week we all know Tommy and Molly will win show pretend be couple for a few months then disappear back to obscurity I don't even care about the rest of the people either it been such a bore this season

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to seeing why Belle chucks a glass of water over Molly Mae tonight. 😲
I predict it will be nothing.

They do this every season.
Its the headlines challenge....you read a headline and guess who its about.
Being love island the way you guess is splash water/liquid on them.

Also a chance just to splash water on people you dont particularly like.

Amber and Ovie NOT being together they both should just leave....the only chance they had of winning was if they were a couple....friendship or love they were winning for sure if they were together at the end.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've lost interest now, Ovie is a hero but won't get his due, Tommy is decent and seems genuine but most of them, Maura and Curtis in particular just seem heavily trained in getting attention by any means

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Geez, Jordan is such a prick.
Jordan is a prick when he checked the box of ice pops he grabbed last one and threw empty box back in fridge what a prick

Hahahaha the box of oce pops is what you got from the episode?

Anyway....looks like Curtis is probably gonna be dragged the up coming episode.
Though I never liked Curtis to begin with so I dont mind him getting dragged.
Jordan and Anna....they should both have been eliminated a while ago

P.S They way Amber woke up....shes too much.