• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the girls are coming across appallingly, when Maura entered i felt their behaviour to her was schoolyard bully stuff and then last night was even worse, Anna and Amber are toxic.

I'm still not sure what Danny did wrong but Anna saying people have no idea what she's going through is pathetic.

Somehow Tommy and Anton seem like genuine blokes after being set up to look like trouble, I like Curtis but he seems like he's trying to be too decent all the time, feels forced.

I also like Arabella but I'm not happy as our daughter is called Arabella!

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was clear Danny would pick Arabella early on, he went about some things in the wrong way but in the end Arabella was the only choice, Yawande was indeed bad for the show, too emotionally closed off, her forced advances on Danny when Arabella showed up were uncomfortable to watch. Jeff Albertson I have the same feeling about Curtis, and yes Amber was annoying and so transparent, of you want a laugh check out her IG

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Obviously reading those negative comments can't be good for any of them, but it certainly makes things more interesting. I suppose if they had more stuff to do other than talk to each other all day every day they would be able to rationalise it and it would affect them less.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell what dickish move by Tommy and Micheal fucking over Danny badly
completely agree

it's not like any of them were close with Maura, but Arabella was getting on really well with Danny, of course she was going to be making "less effort" with the other guys. Savage move

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Don't buy the Curtis 'doubts' at all, to be honest. He strikes me as the very first time this show has a self-aware contestant in the sense that I'm continually getting the idea that he's watched the past series' and is engineering his relationship/run towards a storyline he thinks will take him far.

Thus we get him coupling up with and being deeply dedicated to the first girl he's with, complete with schmaltz like the half girlfriend thing from practically the first week... plus him inserting himself into every situation going and styling himself as the villa's advice guru. In the past these two 'archetypes' have gone far - I mean, two of the previous four series' were run by rock solid couples who were together from day one.

And now this. Another couple who won, of course, had a big, notable wobble in Casa Amor where they both picked other people and then realized their mistake when they reunited. And, honestly, I can't help but be suspicious he knows what he's doing and is deliberately combining events and stories he knows have worked on the public in the past. Plus, you don't get screentime while in Casa Amor unless you're starting up with someone new or wrestling with doubt. The show has had game players who work the rest of the contestants to get closer to the 50k before, but this feels like the first time you can see somebody actively trying to game the public perception/opinion side, imo.

I'm not convinced she's 'in on it', though, I think she's probably clueless, given how she's unwittingly given herself a pretty negative public perception.

Either way, he and Amy are just... geez. Not a fan.

I like Amber, but I hope Michael gives it a go and sees what happens with one of the new girls.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I used like Curtis but man he is trying to hard it everything just feels forced. It amusing how the "negative tweets" rattled everyone especially molly who's job is a influencer if she got so personal over one comment can you imagine her daily life after this show. Kids these days

Oct 27, 2018
Oh shit. đŸ˜†

Tomorrow's episode looks trash - just a load of childish bickering.

Anna should STFU considering she's practically done the same as Michael.

Swimble_87

Oct 27, 2017
God tonight's episode was painful - like watching a car crash in slow motion, or dropping some easily broken ceramics. Could see the end results coming from a mile away but could do nothing to reduce the shuddering cringe factor.

I actually feel pretty bad for Amber, but think Michael made the right choice for his situation - and Anna could do with getting off her high horse before passing any judgement.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Lucie and Maura with the whole Amy and Curtis did the best expressions was hilarious. Curtis still reeks of acting he went for the girl no bf ever, he asked be half bf and gf and now got first hurdle then he going ask her be full bf and gf to win show.

Fuck Anna though the hypocrite hope Micheal or Anton call her out on it

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

oh they will.
Michael and Amber were considerably closer than Anna and Jordan though.

::

i like how the guys and girls that didn't get pick just sort of disappear. some of them had 10 seconds of screen time lol. i want to see them realizing that they were on the island for 4 days and not a single person noticed.

Oct 29, 2017
God tonight's episode was painful - like watching a car crash in slow motion, or dropping some easily broken ceramics. Could see the end results coming from a mile away but could do nothing to reduce the shuddering cringe factor.

I actually feel pretty bad for Amber, but think Michael made the right choice for his situation - and Anna could do with getting off her high horse before passing any judgement.
That's just Anna all over though, she's been a dickhead since the series started and I can't believe she's still in it.

Someone in that dumb argument between Amber and Danny she somehow managed to be the most childish.

Has given some good moments though; saying that she was okay dating guys shorter than her as long as they were 'big' and then complaining incessantly that all the ripped blokes weren't as tall as her, then eventually going for a basketball player. Saying to Yewande 'im a scientist too, I work in a pharmacy' was fucking Gold.

I'm sure there's been some others but she's easily one of the worst people on the show.

Lucie and Maura with the whole Amy and Curtis did the best expressions was hilarious. Curtis still reeks of acting he went for the girl no bf ever, he asked be half bf and gf and now got first hurdle then he going ask her be full bf and gf to win show.

The expressions were peak.

The Curtis thing was cringey as fuck because the girl clearly didn't even like him, I'm not sure how he thought otherwise. So bad. To me it seemed like he just assumed if he was willing to leave Anna, why wouldn't someone be interested?

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The Curtis thing was cringey as fuck because the girl clearly didn't even like him, I'm not sure how he thought otherwise. So bad. To me it seemed like he just assumed if he was willing to leave Anna, why wouldn't someone be interested?

See im torn was Curtis genuinely turned or did he go after one he knew was not interested to create this drama for his game plan. The whole speech he did in front of fire pit felt like it was on purpose especially who "we never been tested " bollocks. Either way it was embarrassing to watch never felt my toes bend that way before.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
That's just Anna all over though, she's been a dickhead since the series started and I can't believe she's still in it.

Someone in that dumb argument between Amber and Danny she somehow managed to be the most childish.

Has given some good moments though; saying that she was okay dating guys shorter than her as long as they were 'big' and then complaining incessantly that all the ripped blokes weren't as tall as her, then eventually going for a basketball player. Saying to Yewande 'im a scientist too, I work in a pharmacy' was fucking Gold.

I'm sure there's been some others but she's easily one of the worst people on the show.

The expressions were peak.

Yeah, that was weird. I mean she had been sleeping in another guys bed and had made no play for Curtis. It's like he just assumed she'd fall at his feet.

Curtis could be in trouble come the next recoupling. Schedule wise, there should be a new boy or two coming in next...and it should be the girls turn to pick.

Last edited:

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England

I think she's a dickhead, but I want to be fair: being a pharmacist is different to just working in a pharmacy. Obviously any old person can work behind the counter but the pharmacist (the person the counter person inevitably has to go and get if you ask for advice) has to have a Master of Pharmacy degree, and they're held to the same sort of practice standards as doctors. NHS Pharmacists can even prescribe medicine for patients on their own on the spot without consulting a doctor apart from in a few situations, which in a weird sense puts them higher on the medical authority scale than, say, nurses. So, y'know, she's a dickhead but she must have academic chops and absolutely is in a scientific discipline.

She's an immature dickhead though.

Oct 29, 2017
See im torn was Curtis genuinely turned or did he go after one he knew was not interested to create this drama for his game plan. The whole speech he did in front of fire pit felt like it was on purpose especially who "we never been tested " bollocks. Either way it was embarrassing to watch never felt my toes bend that way before.
To be fair, I've always thought Curtis was completely up his own arse and is pretentious as fuck so his speech in front of the fire seemed perfectly in character for me. I think it's a foreshadowing of his take in front of Amy. She's going to be justifiably upset and he's going to play this off as 'im being calm, I'm being honest and truthful' and just make her seem irrational and angry when she's really not done that much wrong.

Think all the girls were being dicks during the challenge the lads won where they had to kiss other people so it's annoying that they've been perfectly justified.

Yeah, that was weird. I mean she had been sleeping in another guys bed and had made no play for Curtis. It's like he just assumed she'd fall at his feet.

Curtis could be a trouble come the next recoupling. Schedule wise, there should be a new boy or two coming in next...and it should be the girls turn to pick.
Maybe the whole 'Curtis is the perfect man' shit actually got to his head and he believed his own hype when actually the girls largely meant 'im not attracted to you but you seem a nice guy.'

I was ahead of the game on Alex last year, really disliked him when the girls in my office and a few of my friends liked him. I've felt the same about Curtis from about week 2, there's something about him I just really don't like.

These nice guys on the show always turn out to be a bit shit though I must admit my issue hasn't been that I think he's a cunt to Amy but that I think he's s pretentious dick and the way he speaks like he's the fucking Oracle of Delphi makes me cringe.

I think she's a dickhead, but I want to be fair: being a pharmacist is different to just working in a pharmacy. Obviously any old person can work behind the counter but the pharmacist (the person the counter person inevitably has to go and get if you ask for advice) has to have a Master of Pharmacy degree, and they're held to the same sort of practice standards as doctors. Pharmacists can even prescribe medicine on their own on the spot without consulting a doctor if it's absolutely necessary, which in a weird sense puts them higher on the medical authority scale than, say, nurses. So, y'know, she's a dickhead but she must have academic chops and absolutely is in a scientific discipline.

She's an immature dickhead though.
Oh don't worry, I'm fully aware I'm not being fair but it did make me laugh when it happened.

I'd like to pick her brain though because, like you said, she's clearly got academic qualifications but she still comes across like a fucking idiot.

Then again. They all do and I'm sure a lot of them have at least a degree.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omg Anna is so annoying!

What makes her think she can have a go at Michael when she did exactly the same thing???

Hope the boys stick together for each other and expose Anna

Also Michael was right about Amber being childish. Bye girl

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Last night and probably tonight's is going be peak love island trash which you watch this show for.

Amber went from waifu to immature getting involved in pointless arguments

Nov 18, 2017
Omg Anna is so annoying!

What makes her think she can have a go at Michael when she did exactly the same thing???

Hope the boys stick together for each other and expose Anna

Also Michael was right about Amber being childish. Bye girl

Terrible take. She didn't do the same thing at all.

1. Jordan and Anna's relationship was much shorter and hadn't developed romantically.
2. Anna didn't blame Jordan's behaviour for her decision.

Michael is a gaslighting prick for blaming Amber, and Anna was right to call him out on it. Amber handled herself with much more maturity than Michael.

Any guy watching last night's ep and siding with Michael over Anna / Amber needs to study their own behaviour in relationships because Michael's behaviour is toxic, controlling and passive aggression.

Last edited:

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Michael disappointed with his behaviour, I'd have said he wasn't matched to Amber and that there was a maturity gap but turns out it was the other way around to what I had thought

1d61oVG.png

Barry Sandwich I'd not go as far as you with regards to Michael's behaviour, he's reacted really pooly but to call him a gaslighting prick is taking it too far

Nov 18, 2017
Barry Sandwich I'd not go as far as you with regards to Michael's behaviour, he's reacted really pooly but to call him a gaslighting prick is taking it too far

His immediate statement was "you did this because of your immaturity, I put up with things from you I wouldn't normally put up with, you're childish" but then failed to cite any strong examples to back this up. I can't recall his exact phrasing but he basically said "my dumping you is justified because you didn't behave how I wanted you to behave", and he framed it as immaturity, which is him trying to make her feel inadequate. If he was as mature as he claims, he would've apologised and told her why he felt Joanna was a better match. Instead his entire approach has been about making a point to Amber, to try to make her feel shitty and responsible for his decisions. He's a real piece of work I'm afraid. From Hero to Zero.

Imagine being in a relationship with him away from the cameras, with him trying to manipulate his partner into accepting blame for his dickhead behaviour and chipping away at their confidence by picking on minute behaviours and blowing them up into huge character flaws. It's controlling behaviour and a massive red flag.

Last edited:

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
His immediate statement was "you did this because of your immaturity, I put up with things from you I wouldn't normally put up with, you're childish" but then failed to cite any strong examples to back this up. I can't recall his exact phrasing but he basically said "my dumping you is justified because you didn't behave how I wanted you to behave", and he framed it as immaturity, which is trying to make her feel inadequate in his presence. The reality is if he was mature, he would've apologised and told her why he felt Joanna was a better match. Instead his entire approach has been about making a point to Amber, to try to make her feel shitty and responsible for his decisions. He's a real piece of work I'm afraid. From Hero to Zero.
He said he felt that he wasn't himself in the couple and that he was holding himself back on things that Amber did that frustrated him. He shouldn't have led with those reasons at the recoupling but if he felt them he felt them, your suggestion is he didn't because he wasn't able to articulate very well. I disagree with you there from what I'd seen of those two trying to have a serious discussion. All the lads were on his side, clearly being away from Amber gave him space to reassess his position.

I agree that he was immature, and it was disappointing, I just disagree with you that he's some kind of abusive dick, I think you misused the term gaslighting.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want Anton to win. He's like a cockroach, will survive anything. Started thinking he was a massive bell, but he's great. Same for Tommy, I cannot fucking stand his brother, but Tommy is sound.

Lmao at Anna giving Michael shit for doing virtually the exact same as him.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, she did. She went away couple up, came back with someone else. Their little relationship was shorter, but everything in that villa is compressed.

Lmao at her pretending her and Ovie have some big deep chat's and it's just both of them in exaggerated London accents going 'yeah, I proper like you. This is so deep'

Nov 18, 2017
I mean, she did. She went away couple up, came back with someone else. Their little relationship was shorter, but everything in that villa is compressed.

Lmao at her pretending her and Ovie have some big deep chat's and it's just both of them in exaggerated London accents going 'yeah, I proper like you. This is so deep'

She didn't humiliate and publically lay into Jordan's character.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our scientist was no good for this entertainment show

Pretty sure Michael has a degree in Biomechanics or something similar.

She didn't humiliate and publically lay into Jordan's character.

He got asked why he did it, because you know...TV show. Anna lied when she said she didn't think her thing with Jordan was serious or that he liked him, which is just a cop out. At least Michael was honest about Amber being an annoying little scrote.

Nov 18, 2017
Why is Anton a prick and also being smart has fuck all to do with being a prick or not, Anna has a master's and she's one of the biggest pricks in there.

Anton is a prick for too many reasons to list.

Being smart was related how they assessed Michael's and Anna's behaviour. I was responding to the claim Anton and Danny had Michael's back as a defence.

Anna is alright.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kidding around since the response to my point was mostly ignored, I don't really care what degrees they have, I have a degree in architecture btw, I'm going to work out all summer and apply for next year's show

Nov 18, 2017

He got asked why he did it, because you know...TV show. Anna lied when she said she didn't think her thing with Jordan was serious or that he liked him, which is just a cop out. At least Michael was honest about Amber being an annoying little scrote.

Why is Amber an "annoying little scrote"?

Some real insights into posters' gender politics rearing in this thread... in terms of how behaviours are judged differently based on gender...

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
What got remember is we barely see a hours footage from 2 days. That's a lot of shit has been edited and cut up so some the stuff with Micheal and Amber is probably on cutting room floor. I mean we know they cut out different couples going to hideaway and dates

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
michael got triggered by the whipped tweet
don't even mind him leaving amber, just seems he is bent on the burning the bridge, just kinda thought he cared about her feelings and her a bit

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Some real insights into posters' gender politics rearing in this thread... in terms of how behaviours are judged differently based on gender...
Lmao this isn't 'gender politics'. Every girl I know thinks Amber is a bellend too. She's annoying because she's constantly trying to stir shit up, get her nose in other peoples business and laughing in peoples faces/smirking. Started arguments then just defaulting to childish 'hmmm ok then *smirk'. It would infuriate me too.

Oct 29, 2017
Anton is a prick for too many reasons to list.

Being smart was related how they assessed Michael's and Anna's behaviour. I was responding to the claim Anton and Danny had Michael's back as a defence.

Anna is alright.

'gender politics.'

Take a lap, mate, disliking a woman for being an arsehole isn't some amazing insight into people's 'gender politics', you can argue with people about whose right and wrong without having to pretend they're a sexist.

I'm not implying your gender politically driven for calling Anton a prick and then massively copping out of it with 'too much to list.'

This is a house full of twats, don't die on a hill for any of them.