• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What do you like about Reki/how does this work with Reki's nonpresence?
I like Terra, too - but how do you feel about Natiko?

Also the number of people saying "Idk Sorian doesn't feel like scum" makes me want to rip all my hair out. There are valid reasons to form a read on Sorian in any game and hoo boy is that not one of them.

Terraforce, how's your boatchat? Y'all don't seem heavily aligned but are you using it to bounce ideas and stuff?

Reki is just their solid earlier D1 stuff. I recall somebody saying that they couldn't keep cutting Reki slack (or something along those lines) from the new player angle, but I still feel quite good about that play. So even if they haven't been that present today, I can't bring myself to want to vote them yet.

Natiko is more complicated for me. Vere and I spoke about this on D1, but Nat's posts generally look the part of town. He's the kind of player who can do that really convincingly as scum, so I'm always wary of him. I'm mostly inclined to give him a pass though, because Terra is giving me pretty solid vibes so it seems more likely to me that Nat's posts look town because he's town.

On Sorian, I wish I had something more solid for you but I can at least try. I cannot remember the last time I played with Sorian, but it feels like it was a long time ago. So everybody's got these meta reads on them to consider and I really don't have that, so from my perspective they just seem to bold, maybe, to be scum? I keep thinking back on when they were on you for not biting on the joke role claim/nested spoiler thing. And I don't know why scum would be so insistent on that at all. Coupled with B-Dubs getting piled on pretty uniformly and I dunno, I just don't feel like it.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Looking back, it's really freaking weird to see the discrepancy between votes against Sorian and Monkey when both of them and their partners spent the last two phases taking turns displaying similar types of arguments and behavior.

At this point I'm still very torn between the two pairs, but apparently everyone else has already made their choice.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fuck's sake, you guys seriously think that was a slip from Zipped there?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I return just in time it seems.

That's a bold strategy. Waiting until no new wagons can be started before actually committing to a read.

I'm seriously considering voting Raxander right now.
Eh, I would normally agree as this late into the day stray votes look more suspicious more than anything else (especially if the lynch leader were to flip town), but Chuggs/Odin isn't a bad counter train. It's not entirely random, and probably the best option if you were to avoid the Sorian vs Monkey fray.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Everyone who votes Zipped should reconsider, slips don't just happen, how many times did this happen? For real, it wasn't a slip.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Sorian & B-Dubs (9 votes)
Stuart444 - #1,860
Terraforce - #1,963
SkyOdin - #2,421
TheChuggernaut - #2,436 #2,996
Stantastic - #2,635 #2,637
Stantastic - #2,637
empressdonna - #2,790
CoolestSpot - #2,952 (Double)
Kyanrute - #2,980
Dr. Monkey - #2,456

TheChuggernaut & SkyOdin (3 votes)
Apollo - #2,915
absolutbro - #2,929
Fantomas - #2,914 #2,943
Vincent Alexander - #2,921 #3,000
B-Dubs - #2,967

Xbro & Reki (3 votes)
Fantomas - #2,887 #2,914
Fantomas - #2,943
Pirate Bae - #2,946
malus - #2,970
Sorian - #2,982 #2,991
Sorian - #2,134 #2,257

Zippedpinhead & Fantomas (3 votes)
Sorian - #2,991
TheChuggernaut - #2,996
FluxWaveZ - #3,004

empressdonna & Kyanrute (1 votes)
Natiko - #2,916

Stuart444 & Dr. Monkey (1 votes)
Geno - #1,782 #2,694
Brazil - #2,823
Sorian - #1,826 #2,134
Sorian - #2,257 #2,982
FluxWaveZ - #2,650 #3,004

Pirate Bae & malus (1 votes)
rac - #2,255

CoolestSpot & Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
Stuart444 - #1,787 #1,860
Natiko - #2,387 #2,744

Natiko & Terraforce (0 votes)
Fantomas - #1,995 #2,887

Vincent Alexander & rac (0 votes)
absolutbro - #2,829 #2,829

absolutbro & Fat4All (0 votes)
Natiko - #1,778 #2,089

Ty4on & absolutbro (0 votes)
CoolestSpot - #2,612 #2,632
CoolestSpot - #2,632 (Double) #2,952
Natiko - #1,778 #2,089

Not voting: Geno, Xbro, Lone_Prodigy, flatearthpandas, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Fat4All, Funky Dude Sparks, Verelios, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
Sorian: 129 Dr. Monkey: 123 Stuart444: 119 Fantomas: 95 Natiko: 63 CoolestSpot: 60 Terraforce: 55 Kyanrute: 46 Pirate Bae: 44 Brazil: 43 TheChuggernaut: 41 FluxWaveZ: 38 Vincent Alexander: 34 absolutbro: 33 rac: 33 Z-Beat: 32 Verelios: 25 Geno: 25 empressdonna: 24 flatearthpandas: 23 SkyOdin: 21 Stantastic: 19 B-Dubs: 16 Funky Dude Sparks: 16 Xbro: 14 malus: 12 Apollo: 11 Zippedpinhead: 10 Reki: 8 Fat4All: 8

Current Countdown:
kmqpad9ej2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 26, 2017
Looking back, it's really freaking weird to see the discrepancy between votes against Sorian and Monkey when both of them and their partners spent the last two phases taking turns displaying similar types of arguments and behavior.

At this point I'm still very torn between the two pairs, but apparently everyone else has already made their choice.
I'm not feeling the Sorian/B-Dubs vote....(don't hate me Monkey). It feels like it was from B-Dubs Day 1 defensiveness. And the other side of it feels like from people who don't like Sorian's playstyle.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm not caught up, but since we're so close to EoD I'd prefer to adress any questions you may have to help you either double down or reassess your vote on Xbro and me.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Zipped, what?

Not sure I like the dogpile votes on him but I can agree his post is fishy

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
B-Dubs don't know where you're looking but do this with me if you are fine either way

VOTE: Xbro

Both votes have the same chance if you switch and I prefer this one.

——-

Alternatively, can we all switch to Zipped for that slip? (Not a joke but I'm sure most will just say I'm trying to squirm).
This one is fine with me. We don't have a ton to go on just yet and this is a good a ship as any.

Sorry, was working.

Vote: xbro

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking through this:
Stu told me: be wary of gambits and last-ditch efforts from Sorian, which, obviously. But that was... glaring.

A town Fanto/Zipped doesn't impact me re: Sorian. A scum Fanto/Zipped here makes ScumSorian less likely since he's starting it. He'll bus but that's egregious and Fanto would be a loss.

Slips do happen. In fact, didn't Zipped say something weird that contributed to his being voted out in Power Rangers, too? Or just something that read weird? I don't remember and don't have time to look.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Man, I finally get caught up and we are already at frantic voting half hour.

I think I should have been clearer with my thoughts last night, since it feels like people have misunderstood them all morning.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Read this post a couple times then consider it from my perspective a few times too.
Yeah, there's two things here:
"when you flip town"
"us townies"

Neither is good.

Also, Vincent, lol. I'm not gonna hate you but I'm sure af gonna question your reading skills if you read B-Dubs today and still came away with "gosh it's just d1 stuff there"

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Balls, missed the zipped thing.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
This is what I think:
Sorian: The only thing that saves me right now is to try and move the votes away from me and to someone else that's not Dr. Stu, tries to do so.
Sheep:Ok we follow you Sorian.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We'll def flip town, but unless he's the real cop or scum he wouldn't know that for sure.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone who votes Zipped should reconsider, slips don't just happen, how many times did this happen? For real, it wasn't a slip.
Bro pls. You've seen plenty a game break because of someone slipping on our other board. Don't even.

But yeah, let's not be too hasty. I'd rather wait until Zipped comes back, but the wording is hella suspect.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We got 10 people not voting, btw.
at least 8 too many, where in the balls is everyone
This is what I think:
Sorian: The only thing that saves me right now is to try and move the votes away from me and to someone else that's not Dr. Stu, tries to do so.
This is why I didn't jump (that and Stu would probably murderize me). But the silence from Fanto and Zipped there is... something. I don't know how to read Fanto's response. But you acting like it's impossible is also puzzling.

I do think it could be a slip. I don't know if it's an immediate vote slip in this game state.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I'm not quite sure what to think on zipped. Slips are definitely a thing that happens, but that feels like it might be a grey area?

Mostly though, I feel weird about tossing S-Dubs a lifeline when I have been acum reading them for a while now.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Bro pls. You've seen plenty a game break because of someone slipping on our other board. Don't even.

But yeah, let's not be too hasty. I'd rather wait until Zipped comes back, but the wording is hella suspect.
Lmao Terra award winner for best slip, still, you were a noob then, Zipped is not new, I don't buy it, I simply don't.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I think:
I was inclined to vote for Zipped when I side-eyed his post first. For me, if Dr. Stuart isn't going to happen, this lynch is as good as any to me, and I feel like Sorian and B-Dubs has been just there with not enough fluctuations for me to be really convinced it's scum. Plus, since I'm leaning more scum for Dr. Stuart and it's them vs. Sorian and B-Dubs, I wouldn't want to follow it either.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading it. You guys are by far the vote leaders and he's trying to get some final reads from bdubs, giving you guys the benefit of the doubt of being town. I thought it was fine?
This is what I think:

Christ, if Zipped and Fanto flip scum, just lynch everyone that is this dense and you've probably won, there's my real last read.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

20 minutes from day end, would be super easy to run out the clock for the mislynch.