• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Her demeanor is and the way she's going about things is different. But you don't need to point out that her focus hasn't strayed too far from where it already was - that's pretty clear.
I moved off them yesterday. I went after both halves of Katsune. But today, with Sorian's continued focus on himself when he wasn't focused on the gossips, and B-Dubs' lack of content + shift in play, yes, I'm voting there. I will post updated reads in the morning. I continue to be interested in anyone giving me a concrete reason why S-Dubs is pro-town in any way.

Oct 26, 2017
Why do they "look alright" though? You didn't give me much of anything as far as those two are concerned. Particularly I want reads on both Sorian and B-Dubs, because I find it hard to believe you "like the direction" of B-Dubs when he hasn't been present enough to even indicate a "direction."
if we believe bae and malus, which for now i am, we had three town wagons yesterday and in that light some of my worries about Sorian disperse. As for b-dubs, yeah, he hasn't been much of a presence either way for me so I'm letting my reads on Sorian speak for the team for now. You want to make a case there, go for it, but I'm not going to spin my wheels worrying about him when there are other things I'm interested in at the moment

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Stan/FEP done. Bit down on this boat, but it's kind of a gaping void. FEP is a ghost D1 and Stan is a ghost D2 (so far). It seems like they're not really communicating much which is mainly pertinent in that it is leading to them being that much more nebulous as they don't seem to ever be on the same page. Couple of things I want to follow up on though:

Well that was neat, not often i feel motivated to do some behavior analyses this early in the game.
So i just went through all of Stuarts posts and i have some findings.

Obvious the big issue with Stu has been how his attitude has rubbed many the wrong way so ill start there.

Stuart started the game very upbeat and jokey, this maintained for a few pages before pretty suddenly turning into the more dismissive attitude he has carried since (the turn happened round pg12).
Things is this change in attitude doesn't appear to have been motivated by anything in the game, next to no suspicion or attention had been thrown his way at this point, best i can say its something external to the game.

This was followed by some pushback to his dismissive attitude as he and monkey got a couple votes, this seemed to catalyze Stus attitude and he started to get pretty snippy about it, which in turn garnered extra pushback, round and around a few times and we have our current situation.

Tldr i really dont see Stus current attitude as scummy as i dont believe it was motivated by this game, only exacerbated by it.

Now beyond that i do feel its pretty notable hat despite consistently being in the highest post counts i didnt see a single solid stance on anything outside himself this whole game, the vast majority of his posts are basically pointless, and any interaction with anyone has just been prodding them on very generic questions, never anything insightful or sharp enough that i can classify beyond busywork.

The flip to this is there were many instance on stu building halfway to an actual point or observation only to leave it with a coyly insinuating "Hmmm", which usually sets off alarm bells for me,
but after trying it on Sorians breadcrumb comment and clearly not actually having any real argument to back it up i feel confident that he does this when he really just hasn't thought his point through and is working on an actual vague feeling.

Bam.

I dont wanna lynch Stu today.
You went in-depth on Stu D1 and that read seemed to stick with you through the rest of the day. When you catch up, can I get some updated thoughts on Dr. Stu? Do you have any scumreads at this point? You mentioned some concern about Sorian and the late votes, but I imagine your thoughts may have evolved with the continued events of this phase.

As things started swinging to Kits I hopped off because it wasn't a serious vote. Stan was on Abs but we haven't really been talking and tbh i don't remember why he even voted there anyway. For me, didn't have any real feelings for any of the possibilities so didn't put down another vote. Sorian's push did not seem believable to me. The idea of shaking up a content lynch is fine but don't think it was really earned when he started it.

The thing is, these wild shifts are not going to be full scum team maneuvers. They usually depend on shook town jumping aboard and town can do it by themselves. Team abs is our best info lynch right now it seems but I don't think that needs to be the play. We've got a lot of actual scum, so it's easier for them to push things. I still need to put together my spread sheet for day one, guess i should do that now and get back.

No idea what Bae is trying to accomplish. It's weird and I wouldn't care if her team was voted out today.
Brazil feels off to me. He's and rac are my bad feels, whereas flux just hasn't made much of an impression on me

As far as S-dubs, it's not necessarily that I think they have to be town, but if we're giving the green check the benefit, i think sdubs looks alright and I like the direction they're going
Can you walk me through what all changed in your thoughts on Sorian in between these posts? In the initial one it seems like you're arguing that the vote shift could have just as easily been town panicking as opposed to scum machinations. Why then does the green check change your perspective on Sorian?

You mention that you wouldn't want the gossips to be outted today - do you believe it to be a town role then? In your post you didn't really specify.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I generally like how Fantomas is voting, but I'm seeing why people are voting for Sorian/B-dubs.

From my point of view, Sorian played a normal day 1. Of all things Sorian is consistent regardless of alignment for day 1.

That leaves b-dubs and day 2. And I'll admit I am struggling with this game so I'll not hold b-dubs to any activity monitor.

Day 2 just reads differently with sorian's Play than day 1. I get the rooting around for the gossiping kidnappers. It fits a playstyle and could be useful in a misinformation way i it's a scum role. I think they are likely town but I can understand the roofing. So the rexi vote mid day works.

I can understand falling back on the previous days votes when your initial target isn't removed. None of your reasoning has changed so it makes sense as a start.

Which is what Sorian said, a start.

I'm just wondering why you switched back.

Oct 26, 2017
Can you walk me through what all changed in your thoughts on Sorian in between these posts? In the initial one it seems like you're arguing that the vote shift could have just as easily been town panicking as opposed to scum machinations. Why then does the green check change your perspective on Sorian?

You mention that you wouldn't want the gossips to be outted today - do you believe it to be a town role then? In your post you didn't really specify.
Green check would then mean it was definitely not a scum machination to save a scummate, which for now is good enough. I'll accept he was speaking honestly at day end about concern of everyone being too content. Seems pretty straightforward to me, no idea why this needs to be explained.

As far as the gossips, something with the whole thing stinks. But I'm hoping we'll be able to see which part it is by tomorrow and I think it's best for them to stay hidden today. I'll want them outted bright and early tomorrow though

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
100% need to read over stuff

i watched some of day 1 but dropped off
good luck, science doggo! it's only... 2500 posts. >.>

(You can probably start with d2. I think most of us determined that EoD 1 doesn't give us much and since you're part of that set that was up, it especially means less for you.)

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
That sound in the distance, the heaving and rolling - it is the biggest sigh.
re: drunk-posting chuggs:

Let me explain something.

Most people are town. When I start assessing, I work from that assumption. Most people are town. If anything they do at all moves the needle to town for me, I put them townside. If they don't consistently move the needle, they may be light town or null. But unless someone does something I find sketch, I don't move them to scum side.

People do all sorts of sketch shit in mafia. So then you figure out how to read the sketch shit and sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong, but generally, my pool of "these people are less likely to be scum" is larger than my pool of "these are the people today based on current evidence I am considering as scum" because that's just how shit works.
For me, I have the problem that I am the sort of person who reads people as town easily. I am a naturally trusting person. If I didn't know better, I would think everyone in this game is town.

But I do know better. There are a bunch of people in this thread who are actively seeking to decieve me. So in order to find them, I try and re-evaluate my reads on a regular basis. If I town-read someone on Day 1, I try to re-examine that read on day 2.

I know that your frustration is genuine. However, I also learned during my stint as scum in PR mafia that there are few things as frustrating as being attacked by town over stuff that you consider innocent as a member of scum team. So I can't really afford to back down from my suspicions. That's my job as part of town.
So are you scum reading me as well?
Somewhat, but not quite as much as Dr. Monkey. You have been more actively engaging various players for reads and such.

If it helps, the reason that my vote is on Sorian rather than the two of you is because B-Dubs is someone I scum read way worse than you. B-Dubs acted very strangely on day 1 with that defensive outburst, and otherwise has had a lot of tunnelvision today.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Green check would then mean it was definitely not a scum machination to save a scummate, which for now is good enough. I'll accept he was speaking honestly at day end about concern of everyone being too content. Seems pretty straightforward to me, no idea why this needs to be explained.
It doesn't mean he's not scum leaning on what he knows, though. I think half the scum team in Mafiera did that at one point.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
If it helps, the reason that my vote is on Sorian rather than the two of you is because B-Dubs is someone I scum read way worse than you. B-Dubs acted very strangely on day 1 with that defensive outburst, and otherwise has had a lot of tunnelvision today.

What do you think of Dubs partner then?

I ask for the same reason I asked if you're scum reading me. This is still a pair game and I'd like to know thoughts on both of the pair.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

As far as the gossips, something with the whole thing stinks. But I'm hoping we'll be able to see which part it is by tomorrow and I think it's best for them to stay hidden today. I'll want them outted bright and early tomorrow though
Apologies if I misunderstood your post on the topic at day start then. It read to me like you arguing that Sorian's actions were scummy regardless of the vote swell for kitslor between mentioning that the voters could be town and that you didn't feel his actions were justified in the moment.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I know that your frustration is genuine. However, I also learned during my stint as scum in PR mafia that there are few things as frustrating as being attacked by town over stuff that you consider innocent as a member of scum team. So I can't really afford to back down from my suspicions. That's my job as part of town.
Dude, by all means, suspect away. What I object to is you saying I haven't been clear on why I have you in my town pile. I have. Part of it is that we were scum together, in fact, as I mentioned.

If you don't think my reasons were specific enough, say that. It's not what you said. With what you said, it looks like you either missed several posts or are trying to push a line of shady monkey with all the other people throwing shade. So look, now we can all reassess our reads of one another.
just a quick question, what is this 'check' referring to specifically?
PB and malus soft claimed PR but indicated probably cop at day end. Overnight they checked you guys - you and AB - and got a town result. Bae was also snatched by a pair of gossip thieves, though, who reportedly removed her from her chat so she could not talk with malus.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
What do you think of Dubs partner then?

I ask for the same reason I asked if you're scum reading me. This is still a pair game and I'd like to know thoughts on both of the pair.
Sorian has been acting downright oddly. He has been hyper-focused on only a few issues, and has been trying to fish out the identities of the gossip thieves, whom I think are more likely to be town than scum. Sorian has also been strangely self-absorbed with his stuff, like he is intentionally courting a scummy read from other players. He also hasn't been scum hunting very aggressively. It is a bunch of red flags for me.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, something came up that pulled me away for the past few hours, did a quickish skim and just pulled select stuff and I'm going to need to sleep now:

Does anyone have any read on Natiko and/or Terraforce that they would like to share? I really feel like I'm the only person even looking here, and anytime I do they will come right back at me with something fierce. If everyone in this thread thinks they are Town and that I am just dead wrong here, please let me know, or if you think they could be Scum, please say why.

I've been scum reading Natiko and Terra for all of today (which is a shame since I was so close to locking them town yesterday), you can find my posts on this around day start, I think Terra was likely to be parked scum propping up the TyBro vote and Natiko in general has seemed more agenda driven, I'm blanking on some stuff from earlier in the day but some of his arguments surrounding why the gossip must be town we're just built in straw men on top of straw men forever and it seems weirdly defensive over that role.

TheChuggernaut

So on Sorian, we have stuff like pointing out an 'overt' breadcrumb (which not everyone got) which is anti-town regardless of how "overt" you might think it is.

He's not done much in the way of scum hunting and has been focused on filling the chat with noise.

Of course on top of that you have him screaming "THE CHAT THIEVES ARE SCUM, LETS FIND THE CHAT THIEVES" which took up waaaay too many pages.

It's more PR hunting than Scum hunting and that only hurts town because ignoring if the PR is town or scum aligned, it takes us away from actually trying to scum hunt by posts in the thread rather than screaming "TELL US WHO THE CHAT THIEVES ARE".

Personally I think this paints a pretty disruptive picture of Sorian. He only cares about disrupting things and himself (as we saw earlier with that little "Maybe scum did this cause of meeeeeee" thing)

It's funny, you go your whole post without ever actually calling me scum, everything is "anti-town" or "hurts town." You know I'm not scum and it messes with your ability sub consciously to lie about it. You're so transparent and still people are just dancing around voting for you. Half the shit in this post doesn't matter, I pointed out a breadcrumb, yeah beat that dead horse and pretend you didn't notice it (even though your lover did), I made an offhand comment about why I think Fran died when posts were light and people were spinning wheels on the same conversation, the horror. I'm PR hunting instead of scum hunting, yes, because I am actively trying to get the PR that I think is scum killed.

And then, of course the kicker, I'm filling the chat with noise and not scum hunting. Is it noise because you are my top suspect? Because I get the feeling this two day long OMGUS would suddenly disappear if I started town reading you.

You know, when I saw this post, I actually laughed a little. Here, I'll let you in a secret:

Dr. Monkey is on my list of scum reads.

All game, Dr. Monkey has been casually listing me as a town read without much explanation or justification. It has been making me wary that Dr. Monkey has been trying to win my trust.

There is also something about the interactions between Sorian and Dr. Monkey that feels forced or artificial. Take the discussion about the gossipers, for example. It seems like both sides are commited to disagreement and argument even when they apparently agree on major things.

It feels like a really dedicated bussing strategy.

I said it to someone else (Vere?) and I'll say it to you too. Yikes if you actually think Monkey/Stu and Me/Dubs are scum/scum. That is such a terrible read on the situation that I'm not sure you can salvage anything if you are actually town.

I generally like how Fantomas is voting, but I'm seeing why people are voting for Sorian/B-dubs.

From my point of view, Sorian played a normal day 1. Of all things Sorian is consistent regardless of alignment for day 1.

That leaves b-dubs and day 2. And I'll admit I am struggling with this game so I'll not hold b-dubs to any activity monitor.

Day 2 just reads differently with sorian's Play than day 1. I get the rooting around for the gossiping kidnappers. It fits a playstyle and could be useful in a misinformation way i it's a scum role. I think they are likely town but I can understand the roofing. So the rexi vote mid day works.

I can understand falling back on the previous days votes when your initial target isn't removed. None of your reasoning has changed so it makes sense as a start.

Which is what Sorian said, a start.

I'm just wondering why you switched back.

Yeah fuck it, I'm tired and I'll blow up the obvious spot. I switched back to Monkey/Stu because they are either the gossips or know who the gossips are. They cared WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than they needed to once I started saying that role must be scum. Like, disagree, fine, Bae clearly does, Natiko does (though I think he knows who they are too), others have also seemed to lean more town on the role as well but both Monkey and Stu are trying to smother hardcore that the role must be scum. At least Monkey mildly stepped back and realized she was defending too hard but Stu definitely hasn't and honestly, that sounds about right for that pairing, their ass was showing regardless though.

Hi Fat4all welcome to the shit show.

I'm going to see what got posted while typing this then I'm going to bed.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sorian has been acting downright oddly. He has been hyper-focused on only a few issues, and has been trying to fish out the identities of the gossip thieves, whom I think are more likely to be town than scum.
Really, though, like Sorian says himself, does it matter if the gossip duo were to be outed? As scum, would that really be a kill to prioritize?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, not much new, shame that Odin is probably town who has no clue what he's doing. Oh well.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Walking into a game as a sort of confirmed town must be nice
It's my dream.

So you've got your vote on Sorian/Dubs here now, but where else are your thoughts at today? Do you agree with your partner's assessment of Sorian? Is anyone else sticking out in a Townish or Scummish way? I just feel like you haven't been around much lately, so I want to get a gauge for where the rest of your thoughts are at now, if they've changed, etc.

Oct 26, 2017
Really, though, like Sorian says himself, does it matter if the gossip duo were to be outed? As scum, would that really be a kill to prioritize?
I think it does matter that they out themselves tomorrow, not today. I don't see the benefit of them coming out today unless you think they need to be lynched immediately. I don't think they do

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think it does matter that they out themselves tomorrow, not today. I don't see the benefit of them coming out today unless you think they need to be lynched immediately. I don't think they do
I don't think it's urgent, but I also don't see why it matters if they're outed today or tomorrow. Might as well have the information to operate with today.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sorian has been acting downright oddly. He has been hyper-focused on only a few issues, and has been trying to fish out the identities of the gossip thieves, whom I think are more likely to be town than scum. Sorian has also been strangely self-absorbed with his stuff, like he is intentionally courting a scummy read from other players. He also hasn't been scum hunting very aggressively. It is a bunch of red flags for me.
This is the precise read I posted on Sorian much earlier today, with a long post.

Are you sheeping while also calling me scum?

Yeah fuck it, I'm tired and I'll blow up the obvious spot. I switched back to Monkey/Stu because they are either the gossips or know who the gossips are. They cared WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than they needed to once I started saying that role must be scum. Like, disagree, fine, Bae clearly does, Natiko does (though I think he knows who they are too), others have also seemed to lean more town on the role as well but both Monkey and Stu are trying to smother hardcore that the role must be scum. At least Monkey mildly stepped back and realized she was defending too hard but Stu definitely hasn't and honestly, that sounds about right for that pairing, their ass was showing regardless though.
We are not the gossips.

I love though that you can't imagine a world in which it's just that... we don't agree with your how that role might be aligned. It has to be that we know something or that we are that role.

Oct 25, 2017
It's my dream.

So you've got your vote on Sorian/Dubs here now, but where else are your thoughts at today? Do you agree with your partner's assessment of Sorian? Is anyone else sticking out in a Townish or Scummish way? I just feel like you haven't been around much lately, so I want to get a gauge for where the rest of your thoughts are at now, if they've changed, etc.

I agree with him that I think Sorian/Dubs are scum. Not super on board with the Dr. Stu and S-Dubs being scum/scum. (Sorry buddy. Don't mean to undermine you)

I'm a tad lost right now, to be honest. I've been trying to look at things from a different angle with taking the supposed confirmed town in good faith and I'm trying to piece together a scum team with who's left. My issue is that there's going to be someone in that team that I'm currently town reading so I need to rethink things.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Scum won't even kill a semi-confirmed cop.

Did I go back in time or something? I thought many agreed already that Scum may have avoided incase of doc.

And yes, cutting off communication for Scum (even if they can see the scum chat, if they cant participate in it, they lose communication with their scum buddies) is good for town. I feel that the chat thieves role has more utility for town than it does for scum.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did I go back in time or something? I thought many agreed already that Scum may have avoided incase of doc.

And yes, cutting off communication for Scum (even if they can see the scum chat, if they cant participate in it, they lose communication with their scum buddies) is good for town. I feel that the chat thieves role has more utility for town than it does for scum.
And that wouldn't be the case with the gossip duo?

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Possibly not, but I find it a strange thing to prioritize as town. As I said, I find it unlikely that they are scum. As such, it isn't like I would vote for them.

If you think they are scum, just ask Pirate Bae. If you can convince her that the gossipers are scum, you can find out.
Eh, not much new, shame that Odin is probably town who has no clue what he's doing. Oh well.
Come on, the last game I played was ages ago, I am stuck playing this entire game on a laggy mobile interface, and I have played fewer games total than most of the players here have played over the last year. Me being a poor player should have been obvious from when signups happened.

Telling me that isn't a particularly convincing argument of anything though.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
And that wouldn't be the case with the gossip duo?

The protection thing? Let's see

We would have:

Semi-confirmed cop
semi-green checked (if you believe the cop) town
Gossip Duo

That's 3 possibilities for protection utility.

It would give scum an advantage because they would have a two in 3 shot of hitting someone that the protection role wouldn't be guarding.