• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Its fine man, you heated now and upset you exposed for being an ass. Noting that the only results I've seen is you dying, dying, and uh, taking 2 players with you.

Maybe go back to the stars geno and come back to post later, you treating others like a dick as a "game tactic" is tactless...
Literally who am I treating like a dick, this comment I made equals that? Are you mad? I don't care what results you saw, you forget 75% of what happened in previous games, you forgot Marvel had vanillas. Now we are dropping it.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Dr. Monkey & Stuart444 (2 votes)
Sorian - #1,826
Geno - #1,782

Sorian & B-Dubs (1 votes)
Stuart444 - #1,860

absolutbro & Ty4on (1 votes)
Natiko - #1,778

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (0 votes)
Stuart444 - #1,787 #1,860

Not voting: FluxWaveZ, CoolestSpot, Xbro, B-Dubs, empressdonna, flatearthpandas, Reki, absolutbro, Vincent Alexander, Ty4on, Dr. Monkey, Kyanrute, Brazil, Funky Dude Sparks, Verelios, Fantomas, TheChuggernaut, rac, Apollo, SkyOdin, Pirate Bae, Stantastic, Z-Beat, Zippedpinhead, malus, Terraforce

Post Counts:
Stuart444: 27 CoolestSpot: 17 Geno: 10 Fantomas: 9 Natiko: 8 Sorian: 7 TheChuggernaut: 7 Z-Beat: 6 Vincent Alexander: 6 Brazil: 4 Terraforce: 4 flatearthpandas: 4 SkyOdin: 4 rac: 3 Pirate Bae: 2 empressdonna: 2 absolutbro: 2 Verelios: 1 Xbro: 1 Dr. Monkey: 1

Current Countdown:
kmqpad9ej2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 26, 2017
You seemed the most inquisitive in the final hours of D1

I hope so. I could use one of those.
Yeah. I would've been dropping a vote on them if they didn't reveal their role, mostly because Bae claimed they would. Glad she followed up, but...with such a powerful role, I wish she held on longer yesterday before she revealed.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I would've been dropping a vote on them if they didn't reveal their role, mostly because Bae claimed they would. Glad she followed up, but...with such a powerful role, I wish she held on longer yesterday before she revealed.

Yeah but you kinda see the problem with this right?
I wish she held on longer yesterday before she revealed.

Yeah. I would've been dropping a vote on them if they didn't reveal their role

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally who am I treating like a dick, this comment I made equals that? Are you mad? I don't care what results you saw, you forget 75% of what happened in previous games, you forgot Marvel had vanillas. Now we are dropping it.
You treat Stu and others like dick by putting Scarlett letter until they yell loudly enough something they shouldn't have to like a role or some crap then you go back to them.

Im sorry for word choice, and you right I suck at these games and keeping them together, but Stu usually adds more then you do so for you to silence him was a "WOAH NELLY" move in my eyes .

Glad you know you dont care you got more blood on your hands then most mafia teams though

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
CooperativeVictoriousBlueshark-max-1mb.gif

Ladies, Gentlemen, and bears of the court. Yesterday was a tragedy. I come in front of you with a troubled heart and confusion regarding our direction onward. A few things stuck out to me as off kilter, whether by design or chance, and I believe if it were by design then we might have the machinators within our midst. I present to you my first person of interest, Fantomas.

Now I'm sure we all know the ever lovable 'Far out' Chloe stan Fantomas, but don't judge him on his bad taste in characters or what he wrongly chose in the final episode, judge him on the actions he took yesterday. Let us take a journey through D1 Fantomas.
tenor.gif

He opens with his usual round of questions which don't exactly get the expected response. Fantomas is unperturbed. D1 leisure? Perhaps.
Awwwwww yeah! It's game time!

Ok, let's see.

SkyOdin Xbro Reki - Since I have not played with any of you before, I must ask, have any of you ever played Life is Strange?

Ty4on please also answer this question, as you did not answer when I asked you it in the last game, presumably because you were Scum.

We then have some friendly conversation and tic tac toe amusement. Very Max.
This tic tac toe game is killing me lmao

Moving on, it's finally time to Mafia. He runs out the gate pointing fingers at a one Dr. Monkey, former mentor, friend and confidant turned frenemy after a slew of betrayals. Nothing unusual from his content yet, and it's expected that he would be paying attention to the good Dr given their history. Once he picks up steam, Dr. Stuart can't get back up after a series of post slaps from Fantomas, which appear genuine. There's good posts, follow up questions and rebuttals. In regards to his pursuit of Monkey, I give him a nod because that's dedication.
Monkey seems scummy to me.

This is all weak. Meme vote for Sorian, asks B-Dubs a pointless question that she doesn't care about, turns around on Kits and pretends to scum hunt for bit, then reiterates that she wants B-Dubs to answer her pointless question.

Vote: Dr. Monkey

--------------------

To everyone talking about Not Voting today: You all just got caught in Rac's bit, congratulations lol.

So you're role fishing B-Dubs?

This doesn't make me feel any better lol.

I'm sure he'll be playing some Mafia.

Do you actually find anything Sorian has done so far to be scummy? Genuine question.
tenor.gif

So then in the spirit of justice, let us keep a running tally for Fantomas' thoughts.
Monkey--scummy /Stu-- Unsure

Following up on Fran, he says that he's been feeling good about him or at least his posts. Fran--Feels good. He also seems to talk about Sorian a lot which is...odd. Not AI, just odd.
What has pinged you about Fran if you don't mind me asking? I've actually felt kind of good about his posts so far just from what I can recall.

What do you make of Sorian's thought on them both being Scum?
He then writes up a reads list of a few people:
For the first two, there are slight meta feels here and there that made me feel good enough to not throw them in the "to-do" pile with everyone else.

I've felt good about posts coming from both Kyan and Donna so far, mainly meta-based stuff. I've only seen Donna as Town, but her being a bit tentative about her early reads seems about right to me, and Kyan has had some pretty good townish posts in my eyes as well. I'd like to hear more from Donna, but in my experience she isn't the strongest on D1, so I don't really feel the need to pressure her too much yet.

Pirate Bae, honestly I'm just hoping she's Town this time lol. There is a bit of weird WIFOM stuff that only applies to me where I don't think she would try to pick apart my read on Monkey like that if she was Scum, but that's nothing. Malus I could use some more from. This is probably one that should be examined more thoroughly though, I need more from both of them.

As for Frando, Fran is probably one of my top town leans right now, I really like his engagement with the game and he's definitely scum hunting around. Fandorin too, even though he hasn't had as much, but I still like what he has brought so far from what I can remember.
Which is, alright? It kind of does get me confused on how little he's working with to get these impressions which he honestly acknowledges when called out. Afterwards he talks mechanics and meta for a while. It does seem innocuous enough...however I can't help thinking...

He asks questions towards Zbeat and Fluxil but he seems to be focusing more on putting out questions than putting in thoughts ever since that read list.
The pairs that I would want to hear more from today when they get the chance are:

TyBro

BrawaveZ

Rincent

TheSkyChugger

Rexbro

Kyonna

There isn't a whole lot coming to my mind from this crew yet.

I especially want to hear more from BrawaveZ because those two are usually pretty active posters in my experience who can bring a lot of thoughts to the table, and I'm interested in what they are thinking so far.

What's up, BrawaveZ?

I feel like there's some more going on now. Any thoughts on anyone in the pairs of Dr. Stuart, Katsune, S-Dubs, Frando, and/or Natforce? Go ahead and add myself and Zipped in there too if you'd like.

Stu is still an unsure element, so consistent.
Not sure what to make of Stu here. He is being a bit, I don't know if "passive" is the right word which is what everyone in the thread is saying, but I do think he has been giving some short replies and being a bit dismissive at times, which is what people are picking up on I think.

That being said, I do agree that I'd like to see some scum hunting from Stu here.

I am willing to admit that I feel like I don't quite have my footing here since this is the largest roster that I have played in so far, and I haven't been doing a ton of scum hunting yet either, but I plan to start digging in to some things more soon.

He then seems to be coming around with a more in depth reads list, which is pretty good for D1. Hm, he also sets ground for his Natiko suspicion, for when he votes for the Natforce pair later while making a case against them. He made an okay case.
I'd agree there, yeah.

Any thoughts on Natiko and Terraforce? I feel like they're both getting in on things, Terra has put in some decent work and I usually do seem to lean town on him, but I'm not sure where I stand on Nat right now.
I'll start by getting some more thoughts down about the people I had some townish thoughts on here so far:

Frando - I expanded a bit when Stu asked earlier, but just to reiterate, I've really liked Fran's scum hunting and level of engagement, and nothing from Fandorin changes my thoughts on that pair.

Verollo - Vere is also one of my top town leans as well, I like that he's pointing things out and can put words to some things I'm feeling about posts that I don't quite know how to say. I know agreeing with someone doesn't make them Town, but I wouldn't want Vere gone today. Apollo, I like the effort she put into that scum read on Chuggs just now, so nothing from her changes my thoughts on Vere.

Rexbro - Others have pointed to Reki's big post as town read material, but I actually liked the few Xbro posts that were out before that too, I felt like he was asking some good questions and making good points even without being super talkative. I just don't really sense any deception from either of them yet I guess.

BraWaveZ - Neither are posting as much as I would have expected, but I'm still seeing some quality posts from both of them so far.

TheSkyChugger - Chugg isn't quite posting as much as I expect, and SkyOdin isn't around very often, so I would classify this as a spot where I need to go back and reread. Initial thoughts were that Chugg seems normal enough so probably Town again, but I actually expect him to comment on things a bit more than he is, even if it is just D1 noise.

Pirate Malus - Not much from Malus. Pirate Bae seemed fine with giving some early reads at first and I figured she would keep up with that, but now is calling it all jibber jabber. I see she has given some reads now. She would kill me on D1? Really?

Then regarding Monkey and Stu:

I'm liking Monkey's posts more now, Stu's behavior isn't really something I would scum read him for, and I've scum read Stu for a lot of things on D1. I'm thinking more suspect thoughts about people voting for one of these two than I am about them at this point of the day.

---------------

So, the people I had in my "Everyone Else" pile were:

Katsune

Tybro

S-Dubs

Rincent

Funky Dude Geno

CoolestBeat

Natforce

FlatearthStans

Right now, I would sort them like this, but of course things may change as we get closer to EoD.

Not Today:

Tybro - More for AB than for Ty. I liked AB's read list that he put out, and in my experience he is a great Town player to have around even though he isn't the most talkative, wouldn't want him gone on D1.

S-Dubs - Sorian is a tough nut to crack for me. I want to get some more engagement from B-Dubs here since that might be a better way for me to get a read on that pair than trying to figure out what the fuck Sorian's up to.

Rincent - I love Rac, so I wouldn't want to just throw him out a window on D1 lol. Also with Vincent being sick, I expect we'll get a lot more from him once he's feeling better, he usually posts a bit more often than he is.

CoolestBeat - Coolest actually made one of the most coherent posts I've ever seen him make earlier, which shouldn't worry me but it did lol. Z-Beat, as I said earlier, is playing within normal parameters for what I expect from him on D1.

Perhaps Today:

Katsune - Kalor I can never really get a read on, Kits I can see some scumminess there, and a lot of people have talked about her. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed here, but there are others I would vote first.

Funky Dude Geno - Looking back, I actually got the sense that Geno seemed maybe a bit opportunistic when jumping on the Dr. Stuart vote. His read on B-Dubs also seemed a bit played up, I'm not sure if he really buys that read, which seems a bit scummy to me. Sparks is fucking wild.

Natforce - I have suspicions, mainly about Natiko as I've said before. Some of his play here is reminding me of how he was in MafiEra, but it's also one of the only reference points I have for him. I'd have to do a deep dive to really figure my thoughts out there.

Flatearthstans - I expect more from FEPs, and having actually seen a Scum Stan recently, he can pull off his normal routine pretty well, so I wouldn't say there has been anything that makes me think townish thoughts about either of them yet.

-------

So with that being said, I'll go here for now:

Vote: flatearthpandas

Ok, let's shake things up a bit here.

Vote: Natiko

I've mentioned feeling a bit off about Natiko, so I'm going to try to explain some of that.

His first post this morning, shuts down the Monkey argument, fair, but casts some shade towards Stu at least in the same breath.

Looks at the vote leaders and decides on CoolestBeat. If we look at the votes on them, it was a small meta read from Donna, and a joke vote from Terra that were on them at the time. He calls out Z-Beat for not sharing pertinent thoughts on D1, and called it unusual, which it really isn't in my experience.

Here he sums up Z-Beat's reads for him to make them look bad, which is something I recall Nat doing as Scum in MafiEra.

Then after I commented on Z-Beat, he seems to ease off a bit. This is something I've seen from multiple Scum players in the past, so it pinged my radar.

Now he's responding to Stu at a time when, in my opinion, it felt like Stu was being ganged up on a bit for his attitude. I didn't directly engage, but Natiko did, and it maybe felt to me like he was just stoking those flames on the current vote leader.

Vere commented on this post too I think, but something about it felt off to me even though I did agree with the take in general, I guess it felt like a strange pockety kind of way to throw out a random town read on someone.

Monkey questions why Nat has his vote on CoolestBeat, he explains and then decides to also announce that he will vote for Pirate Bae if she says something he doesn't like. She didn't say something he liked, so he voted for her, then when she came back with reads:

I'll admit I'm not impressed with Bae's reads, since she's scum reading me and she's wrong, but Natiko doesn't know this, or shouldn't know this, but he sure is coming to my defense, though I don't think he had mentioned me much at all prior to this, other than interacting with me a couple of times maybe.

--------

Overall, that's why I'm feeling off about Natiko here. For Terraforce, before anyone comes knocking, I will say that there have been some instances where I felt like he was making some really easy observations or just jumping in on topics that I just wasn't super impressed with, so there isn't any major feeling there to change how I feel about Natiko.

But then a new day rises, and here comes the turn around. On everything. Except Chloe I guess because whatever.
Good morning everyone!

Unvote

Don't think I'll be keeping my vote on Natiko here, felt better after talking to him last night and not many others seem interested in that sick read.

That being said, I'm also not interested in voting out either Dr. Stuart or Pirate Malus today, so not really into these vote leaders.

I'll gather my thoughts a bit more with some coffee and get a new vote down.
Great?
So~ Monkey/Stuart= Alright
Natforce= Also alright

So who looks good to Fantomas?
So, looking through the list of teams, I think my vote is fine with settling on any of the following:

Tybro - This would be based almost solely on Ty4on, as I don't really have any bad thoughts about AB but he hasn't given us a whole lot either. For Ty, similar thoughts to his behavior in HoH, not a whole lot of talk about his reads, kind of entered into a Shadow Lurker status again now.

S-Dubs - I actually have worse feelings about Sorian in this game than I have in any other game I've played with him, which troubles me because I haven't seen him as Scum before. Normally I do feel I would be able to point to things about his play that I've liked on D1 and that seem townish to me, but not so much this time. As for Dubs, there's just not a whole lot to go on, so my feelings on Sorian aren't changed by anything Dubs has said or done.

Funky Dude Geno - I explained a bit earlier on my thoughts on Geno, and I understand if that is normal parameters for what people expect from him, but the way he went in on the Dr. Stuart vote still looks a bit opportunistic to me, and I don't fully buy it.

CoolestBeat - Coolest hasn't been much of a presence in the back half of the day and hasn't been of much help. Z-Beat seems a bit lost at times, and I can't quite tell if it's real or an act, but it gives me bad vibes.

FlatearthStans - Somewhat based on activity levels, but also not really getting too much from them when they are around, along with paranoia about how they could play as Scum.

---------------

I'm surprised at how little about you has stuck out to me so far tbh, why am I having trouble thinking of you as Town?
Comprehensive.
I mean, I'm here and I'm fine with where things are going?

I voted for Ty because I thought he was Scum, now others are voting here too. I'm fine if Kits/Kalor goes too I guess. I don't know, I don't have much to say.

What is this sudden attack on my coolness!?
But why though?

And it would be great...if he didn't flip flop at day end because of Uncle Sorian shouting to jump in the deep end with him.

Vote: Kitsunelaine

Here, fine, let's have some COOL FUN and move some votes with 10 minutes to go.
So a habitual backstepper was born. Every decision made these past few days slowly came undone once day end began to roll around. Was it coincidence that Sorian was the impetus? Did it matter to Fantomas who was kicked off the island since he voted with a cavalier attitude? Did he, perhaps, already know Kitslor's alignment and therefore wanted to show a noncomittal attitude to seem townie? By saying he had no interest in the lynch, he can make the case that he wouldn't have been directing a town lynch. All good questions. But first, let us ask this.

Who is the person covertly present throughout Fantos' day and therefore interactions?
tenor.gif

Is it Monkey? No. Even though he flip flopped on her, he was always blatantly involved with her.

Is it Stuart? No. Being continuously unsure means that you're continuously drawing attention to them.

Is it Natiko? No. An odd turn of events, but easily analyzable and therefore high profile.

Is it Chuggs? No, they have had surprisingly little interaction.

Is it Sorian? Why yes, yes it is.
tenor.gif

Look back to the beginning of Fantomas' day of Mafia, and see what he's concerned about. He's concerned about how Monkey is attacking Sorian, concerned about how Stu is framing Sorian's breadcrumb comment, and concerned about those who began doubting Sorian. At the end of the day it's no one but Sorian who convinces Fanto to switch over to Kits based on an abject 'Be cool' comment. I can safely say, being a Butz who just says yes is never cool.
1450705397189.gif

So what's going on here? Is it something more than just coincidence, something clandestine, scummy and sinister?

The verdict is out. There is a relation!
We'll see just what kind as the day goes on.

Next on the list is person of interest #2 Flux, formally called FluxWaveZ.
EnormousIdleChickadee-max-1mb.gif

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
how come we didn't see that type of push away from pirate malus from you?
im assuming when you were talking about breadcrumbs it was in relation to them

Because the crumbs that got you all in a tizzy were her posting detective pikachu and some other magnifying glass gif, I assumed they were bullshit and she wasn't actually going to claim cop which is why I didn't care about calling it out and also shocked no one else seemed to notice or think I was talking about something actually minutely hidden. So no, why would I push away from that?

Vote: Sorian

Gonna leave this vote here for now. I just can't help but feel scummy on Sorian.

Shocking

Okay.

So it just occured to me seeing Sorian leave a vote on Monkey & Stu, I was thinking and got it into my head crossing around my reads:
I feel if Dr.Stuart is scum then Sorian likely is too, and if Sorian is Scum then Fantomas is likely also scum. But we can branch out from Dr. Stu again, and just based off of general gut reads if they're scum then SkyOdin might be scum.
So my gut reads look like this:
Dr. Stuart/Sorian--Fantomas
^--SkyOdin

Ooof, imagine thinking I'm scum with Monkey and Stu and thinking that's a good read.

Oct 26, 2017
(In my opinion, damage was already done D1 with soft claim and making herself a potential target. And that point, she needed to follow through with her promise to reveal)

And holy shit at that Vere post. Lemme grab a drink and put my feet up. Gonna take a bit.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Uh huh, sure, townie Sorian has never been sure of a day 1 town read based on votes. Never happens. Too many people thought AB/Ty were the correct vote after Bae softed, that's not town accidentally walking all over a scum.
Let's break this down, then.

#1597 - Bae soft-claims
#1633 - Natiko unvotes off of Bae/Malus, votes Ty/AbBro
#1643 - Vincent unvotes off of Bae/Malus
#1648 - FEP unvotes off of Kits/Kalor (?)
#1649 - Chuggs unvotes off of Bae/Malus, votes Ty/AbBro
#1654 - Kyan unvotes off of Bae/Malus

#1666 - You start criticizing the Ty/AbBro train

At this point, we had Ty/AbBro at 9 votes, Kits/Kalor at 5 votes, and Bae/Malus at 3. Essentially, your problem was that two players had moved to Ty/AbBro. Are Natiko/Terra and Chuggs/SkyOdin scum?

#1678 - Kyan votes Coolest/Beat
#1688 - Town!Fran votes Ty/AbBro
#1691 - Ty votes Kits/Kalor
#1696 - You vote Kits/Kalor
#1711 - Town!Kalor votes Ty/AbBro
#1712 - Fanto unvotes off of Ty/AbBro, votes Kits/Kalor
#1715 - Verelios votes Kits/Kalor
#1726 - Apollo votes Kits/Kalor
#1738 - AbBro votes Kits/Kalor

Suddenly, Kits/Kalor are in the lead with 11, and Ty/AbBro are left behind with 10. Very cool.

#1747 - Zipped votes Kits/Kalor
#1754 - Reki votes Ty/AbBro
#1758 - Kyan votes Kits/Kalor

Frankly, the vote movement towards the Kits/Kalor train is (*checks notes*) about five million times more suspicious than the two ->AbBro votes that made it dawn on you that there was no way they were scum.

Not only did the late ->Ty/AbBro votes include two now-confirmed townies, but the streak of seven ->Kits/Kalor votes includes players that barely played (like Zipped), that barely commented on either candidates (like Apollo), and that tried to create a new train in the midst of all that chaos (Kyan).

There's also the small detail that Kits/Kalor actually flipped town.

If you're town, Sorian, you don't get to just brush all of this off without looking through it again.

Help me out here, because otherwise I won't be able to ever vote Monkey/Stu with a clear mind.

So lynch me if Ty/AB are scum, I'm the only one who made the main push to Kalor/Kits, everyone else seemed content staying on Ty/AB, moving to Ty/AB, or people like Kyan who just unvoted and froze.
You're saying that if Ty/AB are scum that everyone pushing hard for the counter wagon is probably also scum. That's a fair assessment and usually right, I'm just extending it out to point out that that hard push is me.
Why are you playing interference for the people who just silently nodded along and followed you?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm out of here, I completed my 10 posts, might come back before day 3 or might not.
I mean I low post, but I don't say I'm intentionally low posting...

Anyways, Natiko, yeah I can see your logic if fanto doesn't switch and I vote similarly the absolutbro and Ty4on is the voting target.

Its still day 1, we screw up day 1 all the time. It's just as likely all of those targets were town and me voting with my partner at day end is just as crazy I we voted for AB and Ty4on as it was for kits' team.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
How did you get to if me and Monkey are scum then so is Sorian (and by extension, B-Dubs) and then lead into Fanto?
Yeah, I'm not sure if I follow that either
Yeah can I have a chart please?
Man, it would take a lot pulling posts if I wanted to show the relation and I'm on mobile so it would need herculean effort. I just felt at that moment that if one of Soriub and Dr.Stu were scum, then their interactions might be S/S, and Fanto's reads/actions would make a lot more sense.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's break this down, then.

#1597 - Bae soft-claims
#1633 - Natiko unvotes off of Bae/Malus, votes Ty/AbBro
#1643 - Vincent unvotes off of Bae/Malus
#1648 - FEP unvotes off of Kits/Kalor (?)
#1649 - Chuggs unvotes off of Bae/Malus, votes Ty/AbBro
#1654 - Kyan unvotes off of Bae/Malus

#1666 - You start criticizing the Ty/AbBro train

At this point, we had Ty/AbBro at 9 votes, Kits/Kalor at 5 votes, and Bae/Malus at 3. Essentially, your problem was that two players had moved to Ty/AbBro. Are Natiko/Terra and Chuggs/SkyOdin scum?

#1678 - Kyan votes Coolest/Beat
#1688 - Town!Fran votes Ty/AbBro
#1691 - Ty votes Kits/Kalor
#1696 - You vote Kits/Kalor
#1711 - Town!Kalor votes Ty/AbBro
#1712 - Fanto unvotes off of Ty/AbBro, votes Kits/Kalor
#1715 - Verelios votes Kits/Kalor
#1726 - Apollo votes Kits/Kalor
#1738 - AbBro votes Kits/Kalor

Suddenly, Kits/Kalor are in the lead with 11, and Ty/AbBro are left behind with 10. Very cool.

#1747 - Zipped votes Kits/Kalor
#1754 - Reki votes Ty/AbBro
#1758 - Kyan votes Kits/Kalor

Frankly, the vote movement towards the Kits/Kalor train is (*checks notes*) about five million times more suspicious than the two ->AbBro votes that made it dawn on you that there was no way they were scum.

Not only did the late ->Ty/AbBro votes include two now-confirmed townies, but the streak of seven ->Kits/Kalor votes includes players that barely played (like Zipped), that barely commented on either candidates (like Apollo), and that tried to create a new train in the midst of all that chaos (Kyan).

There's also the small detail that Kits/Kalor actually flipped town.

If you're town, Sorian, you don't get to just brush all of this off without looking through it again.

Help me out here, because otherwise I won't be able to ever vote Monkey/Stu with a clear mind.

Why are you playing interference for the people who just silently nodded along and followed you?

Natiko is probably scum, yes. I also think there was at least one other scum already on the AB/Ty vote. Condensing it down to "only two votes moved" doesn't do it justice since it doesn't call out Kyan's frozen ass who couldn't figure out where to vote and it doesn't bother talking about the votes that were actually propping up the lynch in the first place that gave it such a commanding lead. If both choices were town, the movement doesn't matter after the fact, it can be suspicious all you want and still mean nothing.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Scum has literally come into the thread with graphs and spreadsheets before. Vere adding some gifs to a medium to large sized post isn't a lot of effort, come on now.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really want to read through that whole Vere post quite yet because that is so much effort put into a wrong read, but ok, let me just make the post I was about to make first lol.

-------------

I'm feeling somewhat awkward here because I actually don't feel very passionate about my reads here coming into D2, so I don't quite have an offensive game plan. Zipped can surely tell you all that I made some very large posts in our chat last night, but they didn't really amount to a whole lot. I didn't want to burn myself out by reading through the whole thread and doing my usual thing when we have no Scum flip yet, so some of this just might be on me for not putting in as much effort as I usually do.

So, something this might be telling me is that Scum might be residing in places that I don't want to see them, or in places that I would have difficulty reading as being naturally scummy this early in the game. I could see that including people like Monkey/Stu, Sorian/B-Dubs, Natiko/Terraforce, or Brazil/Flux, all of whom are people that I would have a hard time scum reading early in the game before I can start seeing where their motivations truly are because they can put in tons of effort and appear townie regardless of their alignment.

That being said, I am here to play, if anyone wants to ask me anything, feel free. I can try to go back and put together some thoughts and put some more effort in here now like I think you all expect from me, but I don't expect that to wash away any of these reads on me based on my EoD either because I do admit it was pretty rough.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ransomizer-com-filev90tb-D-1.jpg

You two are on the scum team, huh? We'll pour one out for you when town kills you tomorrow.

Hi hi, Coolest, you used that generator in a previous game to create an image containing a message that was deleted from its server a few hours later, which made us go through cached pages to find it and put it back in the thread so the game's integrity wasn't affected. At the time you were asked to rehost the image on imgur if you were to use the generator again, so please remember that if you ever want to use it in our games, posts can't end up disappearing because of hosting issues :x

I know you put the text under spoiler, but still try not to use direct links from an unreliable image hosting site; you didn't do anything wrong, I'm just trying to avoid another problem xD

be ready to listen to me saying these same things in a future Gif Mafia. carry on, friends~

Oct 26, 2017
On mobile, so impossible to break that massive post down and quote, but...I follow all the logic of Vere's post and can agree with a lot, EXCEPT! The spot about Fanto asking for people's reads and not giving any himself? That sounds like regular Fanto, but in a good way. Fanto regularly prods people for reads, and it's what makes him such a good townie. Now... I've not dealt with a scum Fanto though, so I can't comment how his playstyle changes. Or doesn't.

Okay so I'm becoming convinced that Vere is town. I don't see scum making a post like that haha
If Vere is scum, bravo...holy smokes.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Because the crumbs that got you all in a tizzy were her posting detective pikachu and some other magnifying glass gif, I assumed they were bullshit and she wasn't actually going to claim cop which is why I didn't care about calling it out and also shocked no one else seemed to notice or think I was talking about something actually minutely hidden. So no, why would I push away from that?

looking back over d1 i assumed the breadcrumbs you saw were the brooklyn 99 gifs
why did you bring it up in the thread if you thought the breadcrumbs were bullshit?

what do you think about the role claim now?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi hi, Coolest, you used that generator in a previous game to create an image containing a message that was deleted from its server a few hours later, which made us go through cached pages to find it and put it back in the thread so the game's integrity wasn't affected. At the time you were asked to rehost the image on imgur if you were to use the generator again, so please remember that if you ever want to use it in our games, posts can't end up disappearing because of hosting issues :x

I know you put the text under spoiler, but still try not to use direct links from an unreliable image hosting site; you didn't do anything wrong, I'm just tyring to avoid another problem xD

be ready to listen to me saying these same things in a future Gif Mafia. carry on, friends~

YIKES. You right, seems on a roll today. Z-Beat, take over for me while I'm out.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
This is weird. Dunno which is more weird though, whatever you're alluding to happened to you, or the lack of a confirmation on your shot. I'm guessing you scanned town since you didn't immediately put a vote down.
I shot. Green check. The people who are responsible for what happened last night know who.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Monkey, former mentor, friend and confidant turned frenemy after a slew of betrayals.
She was never any of those things to me, just wanted that stated for the record. She was a Scumlord from D1 in my first game!
Look back to the beginning of Fantomas' day of Mafia, and see what he's concerned about. He's concerned about how Monkey is attacking Sorian, concerned about how Stu is framing Sorian's breadcrumb comment, and concerned about those who began doubting Sorian. At the end of the day it's no one but Sorian who convinces Fanto to switch over to Kits based on an abject 'Be cool' comment. I can safely say, being a Butz who just says yes is never cool.
It wasn't just that post from Sorian, it was the general narrative he was crafting at EoD which had infected my thinking, but yeah I can see how that final interaction looks in hindsight.

I can see where you are drawing the connection to me and Sorian, so what that really does for me here is get me interested in your read on Sorian because I do think he could very well be Scum and trying to manipulate me a bit, so if you have even half as comprehensive of a read on him as you do on me, I would love to read it.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really want to read through that whole Vere post quite yet because that is so much effort put into a wrong read, but ok, let me just make the post I was about to make first lol.

-------------

I'm feeling somewhat awkward here because I actually don't feel very passionate about my reads here coming into D2, so I don't quite have an offensive game plan. Zipped can surely tell you all that I made some very large posts in our chat last night, but they didn't really amount to a whole lot. I didn't want to burn myself out by reading through the whole thread and doing my usual thing when we have no Scum flip yet, so some of this just might be on me for not putting in as much effort as I usually do.

So, something this might be telling me is that Scum might be residing in places that I don't want to see them, or in places that I would have difficulty reading as being naturally scummy this early in the game. I could see that including people like Monkey/Stu, Sorian/B-Dubs, Natiko/Terraforce, or Brazil/Flux, all of whom are people that I would have a hard time scum reading early in the game before I can start seeing where their motivations truly are because they can put in tons of effort and appear townie regardless of their alignment.

That being said, I am here to play, if anyone wants to ask me anything, feel free. I can try to go back and put together some thoughts and put some more effort in here now like I think you all expect from me, but I don't expect that to wash away any of these reads on me based on my EoD either because I do admit it was pretty rough.
Didn't you already read us as scum multiple times? Where is the internal conflict if you're already scum reading us?

Natiko is probably scum, yes. I also think there was at least one other scum already on the AB/Ty vote. Condensing it down to "only two votes moved" doesn't do it justice since it doesn't call out Kyan's frozen ass who couldn't figure out where to vote and it doesn't bother talking about the votes that were actually propping up the lynch in the first place that gave it such a commanding lead. If both choices were town, the movement doesn't matter after the fact, it can be suspicious all you want and still mean nothing.
Your crusade to protect Tybro is so weird, and feels unjustified. Comes across as Geno tier of smugness. Do you really think we were almost at a 3 way tie between three potential mislynches? And I may have overlooked it before, but did you justify Ty's dismissive and elusive behavior, and the fact that Brazil even supported my platform by saying this is how he has acted as scum in the past (a comment Ty conveniently ignore entirely)? Behavior like this isn't how we win the game bro.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you already read us as scum multiple times? Where is the internal conflict if you're already scum reading us?
I pushed on Nat a bit yesterday, felt better about him after my interactions with him there though. Reviewed my feelings overnight, felt like that might be a spot where I was wrong.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually taking a break too. Screen's giving me a headache. I'll be back on later after the GoT finale has betrayed me.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm out of here, I completed my 10 posts, might come back before day 3 or might not.
There's something ironic about this kind of response after your approach to Stu D1.

I mean I low post, but I don't say I'm intentionally low posting...

Anyways, Natiko, yeah I can see your logic if fanto doesn't switch and I vote similarly the absolutbro and Ty4on is the voting target.

Its still day 1, we screw up day 1 all the time. It's just as likely all of those targets were town and me voting with my partner at day end is just as crazy I we voted for AB and Ty4on as it was for kits' team.
I mean that's fair, but I was asked to point out who I thought may have been the scum that pushed that vote super fast and your boat and S-Dubs seem like the most likely culprits. Won't know if it's even a valid train of thought until Tybro is flipped though.

I had already explained my concerns over Tybro. Meanwhile you did a complete 180 with no reasoning and goaded the thread into following you for reasons. Do tell why the huge vote push for kitslor shouldn't be scrutinized.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
looking back over d1 i assumed the breadcrumbs you saw were the brooklyn 99 gifs
why did you bring it up in the thread if you thought the breadcrumbs were bullshit?

what do you think about the role claim now?

The two magnifying glass gifs within a page of each other stood out more obviously to me, I don't watch brooklyn 99. And it's whatever, there's a lot of coincidence behind that role claim but there is no reason to not to believe it at the moment.
I shot. Green check. The people who are responsible for what happened last night know who.

Why are you trying to role fish out someone else to claim? Just claim your check, if people don't believe you then "the people responsible" can claim too at a later time.

Your crusade to protect Tybro is so weird, and feels unjustified. Comes across as Geno tier of smugness. Do you really think we were almost at a 3 way tie between three potential mislynches? And I may have overlooked it before, but did you justify Ty's dismissive and elusive behavior, and the fact that Brazil even supported my platform by saying this is how he has acted as scum in the past (a comment Ty conveniently ignore entirely)? Behavior like this isn't how we win the game bro.

Why do I need to justify Ty's behavior? It doesn't form the basis of my argument. I think he was acting scummy, then the votes happened and independent of Ty's actions, I don't see how he is scum here. And why would it be shocking to be in a 3 way tie between three mislynches on day 1? That's more likely to happen than not.

There's something ironic about this kind of response after your approach to Stu D1.

I mean that's fair, but I was asked to point out who I thought may have been the scum that pushed that vote super fast and your boat and S-Dubs seem like the most likely culprits. Won't know if it's even a valid train of thought until Tybro is flipped though.

I had already explained my concerns over Tybro. Meanwhile you did a complete 180 with no reasoning and goaded the thread into following you for reasons. Do tell why the huge vote push for kitslor shouldn't be scrutinized.

Scrutinize whatever you want. I'm telling you what I see, I'm scrutinize the area where I think more scum was.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Dude What, we been in games were sum has done way more crazy shit to convience us.
Ah yes. TWE bussing every single one of his teammates was A+ tier.
She was never any of those things to me, just wanted that stated for the record. She was a Scumlord from D1 in my first game!
HastyBronzeIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

It wasn't just that post from Sorian, it was the general narrative he was crafting at EoD which had infected my thinking, but yeah I can see how that final interaction looks in hindsight.

I can see where you are drawing the connection to me and Sorian, so what that really does for me here is get me interested in your read on Sorian because I do think he could very well be Scum and trying to manipulate me a bit, so if you have even half as comprehensive of a read on him as you do on me, I would love to read it.
I do plan to reassess Sorian but I'm going to have to treat him like Damon Gant with his wilyness and take my time.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I was looking for the one where he stares for a long time then randomly starts clapping but I found this and I'm happier here.

e0c9b4c4aa1f18b7f65958c72f765328bccf0a8br1-495-278_hq.gif

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yeah, that's all good and stuff. Maybe both trains were town, sure. But while you've had strong feelings about one of them since before the flip even happened, you don't seem to give two shits about the other one. Why is that?

I did point at Kyan - which eventually voted for Kits/Kalor, not Ty/AbBro.

You mentioned "the votes that were actually propping up the lynch in the first place that gave it such a commanding lead" before the soft-claim. Let's look at them, then. We had Terra, Xbro, and Stan, plus three town votes in Kits, Fand and I.

Since Kits/Kalor actually flipped town, what makes you think that scum was trying to counterbalance that lynch with this one? There must be a reason, since you're focusing here.

And even if you do think there's scum in there, where are them? I actually feel good about both Terra and Xbro in there, as they both discussed their suspicions of Ty at length to explain their vote, unlike, well, all of the late Kits/Kalor voters. I'll give you Stan.

But, once again, why are you so hellbent on handwaving the people who followed you into Kits/Kalor? Are you just trying to save face?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The two magnifying glass gifs within a page of each other stood out more obviously to me, I don't watch brooklyn 99. And it's whatever, there's a lot of coincidence behind that role claim but there is no reason to not to believe it at the moment.

Why are you trying to role fish out someone else to claim? Just claim your check, if people don't believe you then "the people responsible" can claim too at a later time.

Why do I need to justify Ty's behavior? It doesn't form the basis of my argument. I think he was acting scummy, then the votes happened and independent of Ty's actions, I don't see how he is scum here. And why would it be shocking to be in a 3 way tie between three mislynches on day 1? That's more likely to happen than not.
Justification is warranted when you go "hohoho you guys are totally wrong and Tybro is 100% town. Why? Dunno." You're being so smug and so sure of yourself even though clearly your logic isn't solid as you thought it was for you to be part of the reason for the mislynch from yesterday. It's outright ignorant to act as if reads are linear lines of thought. A good read is a multifaceted analysis that doesn't blindly ignore someone's character " 'cuz reasons." Especially when you want to connect dots between them and us in a scenario where your "them" is built on a foundation of bendy straws.

And the three way tie I'm not feeling with as much flip flopping there was in the votes. The Scum team could just cruise along without a care in the world if that were the case, but obviously the EoD was incredibly frantic. I find it hard to believe none of the EoD swapping around meant anything.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
...why can't you just say who it was then? Being quiet on a red check I could understand, but I don't see how being silent here helps us any.
Yeah, not really following what the po

Scrutinize whatever you want. I'm telling you what I see, I'm scrutinize the area where I think more scum was.
You mentioned that you felt scum were already on the Tybro wagon. Why do you feel scum were more likely to be there as opposed to the kitslor wagon if both are town? Who specifically do you think is the scum on the wagon? And I'm talking about prior to the Bae wagon dissolving.