• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Sorian weren't carrying his team so hard, I'd be way more tempted to move back to B-dubs. I don't necessarily think they're town, but Sorian has made consistent contributions and some posts I agree with/think make a lot of sense (in particular the Brazil stuff). But B-dubs has still done jack shit and everyone seems to just be overlooking it. I know more recently he explained the irl issues, but even prior to that he only popped in here and there without much value added to the conversation. He asked us to give him a chance and he hasn't done anything to prove he's worthy of our time (imo).

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Difference being there's no fluff in my lover's words.

Hope you feel better B. I'd still get a check up just in case.

If I'm being honest, there's quite a fee people on my maybe scummy list. FEP hasn't been doing themselves any favors, Monkey is on the cusp, and although I don't want to say it, Bae you sus. But are they who I'm thinking about right now? Not quite. Kits is in a weird place where I felt like there's usually some frustration on her side D1 where she somehow does act very scummy and aggros the player list while not necessarily being scum. It's her partner that made me wary and I was kind of feeling down on Kalor since last night. It has a lot to do with his these posts in relation to Sorian

Which by themselves are fine. Can't really be called caping for Sorian. But I was still bothered by them for some reason and went back to find out why.

And found out that Kalor has been really agreeable. Most of his posts, sans his vote on Fantomas Fandorin for subpar content have basically been Nice Guy tm*.

Which would be alright, but he doesn't elaborate on what he sees in Monkey that could be construed as scummy. Just leaves a blanket 'Stu good' and 'Monkey maybe bad' then moonwalks away. That's the equivalent of shrugging your shoulders and saying I have an opinion, it's that I don't know. To be fair, he goes on to say:

Which is fine D1.

But today the people he came out feeling worst about was Fandoring and Rac? No one more active? I can't even remember half the posts they made. It feels like laying low and not garnering attention from active posters, which is like, the opposite of Kits. And now I'm wondering, was Kits slapfighting Sorian and then scum partner Kalor tried easing the tension later?

That's where I'm at right now.

I'm not deliberately going after low activity people. It's just where I'm seeing potential votes. And with my vagueness before, it's still day 1 . Though I feel far stronger about Rac than maybe anyone else now. And Vincents recent post isn't convincing me that their pairing is town.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kalor does make a good PR person, I stopped caring about that vote awhile ago once I realized he was Kits' partner.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Pirate Bae & malus (7 votes)
Natiko - #1,026
TheChuggernaut - #1,251
Dr. Monkey - #1,281 #1,418
Kyanrute - #1,345
Fran - #1,453
empressdonna - #1,456
rac - #1,461
Vincent Alexander - #1,481

absolutbro & Ty4on (6 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,289
Terraforce - #944
Stantastic - #1,407
Xbro - #1,410
Fantomas - #1,451
Fandorin - #1,452

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (6 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156 #737
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365
Stuart444 - #533 #1,118
FluxWaveZ - #1,318
Dr. Monkey - #1,418
malus - #1,430
CoolestSpot - #1,445
Pirate Bae - #1,448

Brazil & FluxWaveZ (2 votes)
absolutbro - #1,458
Sorian - #1,477

Stuart444 & Dr. Monkey (2 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361
Kitsunelaine - #535 #1,289
Geno - #729
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,113
Fran - #275 #1,453
Sorian - #356 #1,477
Fantomas - #440 #1,037

Apollo & Verelios (1 votes)
Z-Beat - #1,423

TheChuggernaut & SkyOdin (1 votes)
Apollo - #1,027
CoolestSpot - #802 #1,445

B-Dubs & Sorian (1 votes)
Fandorin - #1,385 #1,452
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142 #742
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326 #533
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397 #535
Stuart444 - #1,118

rac & Vincent Alexander (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397
Kalor - #1,474

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (1 votes)
Verelios - #349
Dr. Monkey - #776 #1,206
Fantomas - #1,037 #1,168

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140 #802

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (0 votes)
Geno - #145 #729
Terraforce - #149 #944
empressdonna - #290 #1,355
Natiko - #742 #1,026

Fantomas & Zippedpinhead (0 votes)
Kalor - #1,296 #1,321

Fandorin & Fran (0 votes)
Kalor - #1,321 #1,474

Natiko & Terraforce (0 votes)
Fantomas - #1,168 #1,369

Not voting: B-Dubs, Ty4on, Brazil, SkyOdin, Reki, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 137 Stuart444: 128 Sorian: 115 Geno: 83 Natiko: 79 Dr. Monkey: 78 CoolestSpot: 59 Fantomas: 59 Terraforce: 59 Pirate Bae: 48 Fran: 47 TheChuggernaut: 42 Verelios: 41 Kalor: 35 Kyanrute: 31 Z-Beat: 29 Stantastic: 25 Fandorin: 24 FluxWaveZ: 22 Ty4on: 22 B-Dubs: 20 empressdonna: 19 absolutbro: 19 rac: 18 Reki: 17 Funky Dude Sparks: 17 SkyOdin: 16 flatearthpandas: 14 Brazil: 14 malus: 10 Vincent Alexander: 9 Zippedpinhead: 9 Xbro: 8 Apollo: 4

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Sorian weren't carrying his team so hard, I'd be way more tempted to move back to B-dubs. I don't necessarily think they're town, but Sorian has made consistent contributions and some posts I agree with/think make a lot of sense (in particular the Brazil stuff). But B-dubs has still done jack shit and everyone seems to just be overlooking it. I know more recently he explained the irl issues, but even prior to that he only popped in here and there without much value added to the conversation. He asked us to give him a chance and he hasn't done anything to prove he's worthy of our time (imo).

I mean, if it makes you feel better, our boat is at *checks thread* 18 posts and we've had very surface level talks in there, he's never been around when I was and vice versa. So yes, I'd like him to contribute more too but I'm not exactly crippled over the loss.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Of Brazil's 14 posts, only a handful of them seem to be actual game playing:
In turn, I'm not a fan of this one. People and B-Dubs himself have already gone over the whole "defending against meta nonsense with meta nonsense" thing, but this feels way too incisive for what you were pointing out. How did you expect B-Dubs to "participate more in a meaningful manner" whent he game had barely even started at that point?

Accusing him of being too reactionary is one thing, but to pile "You're not contributing" on top of that right at game start feels a bit weird.

I mean, I literally know your schedule.

What up

Man

Is someone forcing you to be here? What's up with this attitude?
A "first real serious, but only half serious" comment on something Brazil admits is already tread.

Coming off of the last game and how Ty played as scum in it, this vote definitely has my attention.
An "I agree!" post of the exact sort he will later accuse Ty4on of posting.

The discussion around that B-Dubs post is a well-trodden path by now. I hadn't noticed that you'd jumped at it like that before Terra brought you up, though. HoH is the reference I have of your scum play, and that one-liner was very reminiscent of that game.
More retread of a trodden path and what feels like blaming Terra for Brazil's own read of Ty4on.

Ty would stay hidden until someone raised a point against someone else, and then he'd quickly jump in and repeat the same accusations, not unlike what happened yesterday when B-Dubs raised his shield for the first time.

After three other people had already pointed out the weirdness in that post, Ty jumped in.
It's a fair summary of Ty's post, but it's not exactly uncommon behaviour for people catching up on a game to comment on what was a hot topic.

Another player making posts straight out of their last iteration as scum. The last time you promised delayed reads, you came back with a fake cop claim instead :P

Feisty, hahaha.

This is a good post. I have a hard time trusting people who sideline suspicions on certain players because they're "good when town".

The way Chuggs tried to paint B-Dubs as a "newbie townie" also seems a bit forced, as they've both been in a similar number of games.

Worth a reread.
Start with some light shade, move to a joke and then more shade. "Worth a reread", but then never says anything. The same thing he shaded bae for at the start of the post.

That's it. Now obviously I'm a little biased against these, given that Ty4on is my boat partner, but still. Not a lot there, and certainly not one original read, declaration or statement. Everything is building on someone else's post.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Until I'm employed at a stable job again, low activity!me is all you'll get.

S-Dubs - I've been pretty clear that I'm not seeing any reason to call Sorian town.
Please for the love of God don't start with this crap. This is not an argument.

Stan, on the other hand, has taken some positions and is definitely within town Stan parameters, but I don't know that I trust myself to read him with confidence right now. They wouldn't be my first vote today, but I do have them as a scum lean at the moment.
I'm actually pretty shocked by this. You're usually the most incisive person when it comes to Stan reads, and I actually use your impressions as a guidepost when it comes to him.

Can you expand on why you're feeling this way?

"Kits is such a high activity poster, she's definitely scum"
"Whoa Kits backed off and contributed at a rate people deem reasonable for others, that means she's definitely scum"

Y'all could at least try.
I'm pretty sure literally no one called you scummy for being a high activity poster, but nice try.

vote: ty4on

His entire situation rubs me the wrong way. From the real lack of anything meaningful, to the blatant redirection of a conversation against him, this is where my gut is leading me.

Brazil yoh were the first to call this one out, what do you currently think?
Terra was the first one to call it out, but Ty hasn't done anything to change that perception since then. He basically just sidestepped my accusation of similarities with his HoH play and moved on.

And on top of that, his partner just did something pretty uncanny.

I am not sure I would use HoH as representative of anything, honestly. With such a small scum team, EVERYONE started looking scummy because we expected a certain amount of scum and there were two. (And a sk that died N1). I'm comparing more to MafiEra, where granted we had the D1 "vote in a leader instead of voting out someone" shenanigans, but activity wasn't usually an issue either way.
I read this, and then immediately knew that you were going to vote for me right afterwards.

Nothing of what you said has any bearing on the Chuggs post you just quoted. Chuggs was talking about my behavior in HoH. He didn't say a word about activity or how scum behave in that game, or what people's expectations of what the scum team was. Why would you try to disarm a positive read on someone with nonsense like that?

Funny, but after all my " why harp on nonvoters this far out", I just realize I will not be around for EoD. 5pm is smack in the middle of my commute home. So I'm going to

Vote: Brazil

I know it's outside the majority groups right now, but with 6+ hours I'm okay with that. Of the various pairs, I feel like I expected more activity from both of these players and can't find much in the posts the do have. It feel like actual lurking from two players I expect to have either more posts (Brazil) or more substance (FluxWaveZ and Brazil). I don't like it, no sirree I do not.
Oh yeah.

Gotta admit Brazil's post about playing "without looking too much at who's partnered with who" seems odd to me. It's basically ignoring the entire main mechanic of the game.
You couldn't make it any more clearer that you're hurriedly looking through my posts after putting a vote down to retroactively justify it.

But hey, I'll humor you. What's wrong with what I said?

Oct 26, 2017
So, what did you and your ally discuss in regards to Pirate Bae? And is your only gut read really the pair that's maybe been the most discussed? No other thoughts?
I'll ask rac to post his thoughts he shared with me. I don't want to copy/paste his exact post and steal his observations since I've been lying around contributing just about nothing so far.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Other than not liking the whole thing with Pirate Bae promising reads for later, I honeslty don't have much to say regarding that train. I have no impression of malus at all, either. Hm.

I'm also kinda surprised with how quickly the Monkey/Stu train deflated after having the most momentum behind it for basically the entire phase. I went to bed yesterday thinking that, if momentum remained against them by the time I woke up, they'd immediately climb up to a townread in my head.

Sorian pointing out that he saw a breadcrumb felt really bad to me as well, but he's actually right in countering that what he did is a bit weird for scum. It's 100% anti-town behavior, but why would scum bring it up?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Terra was the first one to call it out, but Ty hasn't done anything to change that perception since then. He basically just sidestepped my accusation of similarities with his HoH play and moved on.

I read this, and then immediately knew that you were going to vote for me right afterwards.

Nothing of what you said has any bearing on the Chuggs post you just quoted. Chuggs was talking about my behavior in HoH. He didn't say a word about activity or how scum behave in that game, or what people's expectations of what the scum team was. Why would you try to disarm a positive read on someone with nonsense like that?

Oh yeah.

You couldn't make it any more clearer that you're hurriedly looking through my posts after putting a vote down to retroactively justify it.

1. Check my early read post. You and Flux were
Brazil/Fluxwavez - A way quieter boat than I'd kind of expect from either of them. Keeping an eye here as well.

2. My scum reference for Chugg's post is here:
Brazil's day here reminds me of his day one in HoH without the part where got into an argument with me, but he did slightly scum read me today so I'll give him a pass there. He turned out to be town in that game.
I was making the comparison that behaviours in that game, which was a semibastard game, are probably not very indicative given that we were all looking for something that wasn't there.

3. I don't have to retroactively justify something I justified in my vote post:
Of the various pairs, I feel like I expected more activity from both of these players and can't find much in the posts the do have. It feel like actual lurking from two players I expect to have either more posts (Brazil) or more substance (FluxWaveZ and Brazil). I don't like it, no sirree I do not.

The post after that isn't post-vote justification. It's building on what I already put down, in the exact same post.

4. Nothing. Try reading a few posts past the one you quoted and you'll see that I even say as much. That the error was on my part.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
That's it. Now obviously I'm a little biased against these, given that Ty4on is my boat partner, but still.
I mean, this is the key part right here.

You read the post in which Xbro said that I was the first one to bring up a case against Ty (which actually isn't even true), and then you immediately decided that you'd "scumread" me for that. You dismissed Chuggs' positive read of me, voted against me based on "activity", and only now you're looking through my posts.

Explain to me how that is the behavior of a town player.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I should create a Blarg level logic puzzle that points to the post with the breadcrumb. The aneurysm some of you would have would be worth it alone.

Oct 26, 2017
Other than not liking the whole thing with Pirate Bae promising reads for later, I honeslty don't have much to say regarding that train. I have no impression of malus at all, either. Hm.

I'm also kinda surprised with how quickly the Monkey/Stu train deflated after having the most momentum behind it for basically the entire phase. I went to bed yesterday thinking that, if momentum remained against them by the time I woke up, they'd immediately climb up to a townread in my head.

Sorian pointing out that he saw a breadcrumb felt really bad to me as well, but he's actually right in countering that what he did is a bit weird for scum. It's 100% anti-town behavior, but why would scum bring it up?
On Sorian, I pointed out a breadcrumb last game as well (and I was town). I realized after, "Oh, that was dumb of me," so I don't find it very indicative of anything other than bad play (mostly).

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think you are giving this Sorian is slippery meme more value that he really has, the actual numbers show otherwise. The last game where Sorian reached endgame was in Power Rangers, a costume game. Besides that he has been killed or lynched in every game since Rick and Morty, a long time ago. The last time that scum!Sorian survived until the end and won was LB2, a really long time ago. Before that you need to go to Batman. He only survived until game end in HvV because he had a green check.
I don't know if you read scumchat in MafiEra, but I had to drag Nat and LP into killing him or he'd have probably lived until endgame. He wasn't getting voted. If I'm not flipping today, it's less important (because I will have time to develop further thoughts as the game progresses), but I think his play today has been self-indulgent and not pro-town. If I do die regardless, though, y'all better go back and look there, I swear.

My vote isn't doing much right now, and I don't really feel passionate enough about it to try and push it.

Vote: rac
In the recent burst of votes, this is the one that feels the most off. Feels like they saw the Pirate Bae vote and decided to join in. They didn't provide a reason and haven't mentioned any suspicions about them before now. In general, all of their contributions have been brief and in 17 posts, has maybe 4 actual game relevant posts.
This feels like a really unusual vote - I wasn't here when it was placed so maybe the votes weren't where they are now, but it's not what I would expect from a vote leader and it makes me pretty curious about the wagons. Why this vote in particular over other votes that didn't really have much reason?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
1. Check my early read post. You and Flux were
Poignant.

2. My scum reference for Chugg's post is here:

I was making the comparison that behaviours in that game, which was a semibastard game, are probably not very indicative given that we were all looking for something that wasn't there.
That comparison doesn't exist. Chuggs was talking about my activity in that game, and not about game setup. You're essentially telling him that he can't compare two games in which he played with me recently because "they're different games."

TheChuggernaut what do you think of this?

3. I don't have to retroactively justify something I justified in my vote post:

The post after that isn't post-vote justification. It's building on what I already put down, in the exact same post.
I guess you didn't have to, but that's exactly what you did. Suddenly you had the urge to vote against someone you hadn't even ISO'd yet. Why?

4. Nothing. Try reading a few posts past the one you quoted and you'll see that I even say as much. That the error was on my part.
Hmm.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you read scumchat in MafiEra, but I had to drag Nat and LP into killing him or he'd have probably lived until endgame. He wasn't getting voted. If I'm not flipping today, it's less important (because I will have time to develop further thoughts as the game progresses), but I think his play today has been self-indulgent and not pro-town. If I do die regardless, though, y'all better go back and look there, I swear.

This feels like a really unusual vote - I wasn't here when it was placed so maybe the votes weren't where they are now, but it's not what I would expect from a vote leader and it makes me pretty curious about the wagons. Why this vote in particular over other votes that didn't really have much reason?

The thing that pushed them above everyone else that didn't really justify their vote was that final point about how little they've really commented on the actual game. The timing of their Pirate Bae vote at the time also looks a bit more bandwagony than the other ones.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually pretty shocked by this. You're usually the most incisive person when it comes to Stan reads, and I actually use your impressions as a guidepost when it comes to him.

Sometimes I'm very certain of Stan. The pair equation mitigates that heavily, especially with feps acting very like I would expect a scum feps to act. And if I have no reason to suspect Stan, I feel pretty solid about being able to place him as town. I also think by D3, maybe even D2, depending on feps, I may have a better feel here. GTA gave me some doubts, though.

I don't think I'd vote them today. I'm not feeling good about feps, but I'd rather just see if it's an off day.

There wasn't actually momentum. It was all early; that's part of why I was so frustrated over it. Anyone who addressed later behavior just threw light shade (if they had scum feelings about it) without voting; those would be more interesting later, I think. Geno was the only one who came later, because he and Stu just kept sniping at each other.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you voting for Pirate Bae/Malus?

I'll ask rac to post his thoughts he shared with me. I don't want to copy/paste his exact post and steal his observations since I've been lying around contributing just about nothing so far.

sigh

it's been difficult to keep myself engaged but the one thing that's stick out to me was:

when bae called out fantos vote on monkey

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lo...me-its-bearsonal.116855/page-11#post-20819276

is feeling good about monkey/stu
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lo...me-its-bearsonal.116855/page-21#post-20846972
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lo...me-its-bearsonal.116855/page-23#post-20852084

then calls out stu for almost the same reason fanto voted monkey
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lo...me-its-bearsonal.116855/page-25#post-20858193
i apologize if the links don't work

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not deliberately going after low activity people. It's just where I'm seeing potential votes. And with my vagueness before, it's still day 1 . Though I feel far stronger about Rac than maybe anyone else now. And Vincents recent post isn't convincing me that their pairing is town.
Potential votes hmmmm. Come on Kalor. Come on. I'd be more receptive of this answer if you actually said what you thought of top posters and that you weren't mining the lowest coal shafts.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Sometimes I'm very certain of Stan. The pair equation mitigates that heavily, especially with feps acting very like I would expect a scum feps to act. And if I have no reason to suspect Stan, I feel pretty solid about being able to place him as town. I also think by D3, maybe even D2, depending on feps, I may have a better feel here. GTA gave me some doubts, though.

I don't think I'd vote them today. I'm not feeling good about feps, but I'd rather just see if it's an off day.
I see. So I guess you'd probably be listing Stan as town if he wasn't paired with FEP.

There wasn't actually momentum. It was all early; that's part of why I was so frustrated over it. Anyone who addressed later behavior just threw light shade (if they had scum feelings about it) without voting; those would be more interesting later, I think. Geno was the only one who came later, because he and Stu just kept sniping at each other.
I don't follow this part. If you knew there wasn't actually real momentum behind it, why were you and Stu so frustrated over it, talking about "After I flip, do X or Y" across multiple posts?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil is unlikely to be scum/scum with Monkey.

That's all, please continue.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see voting for Brazil and Flux today. I'm usually one of the first to suspect Brazil, too. He's snakey. (<3) His activity gives me pause, but I'm not scumreading Flux here today. Flux's vernacular formality may be getting in the way there and making me think he's being more thoughtful/reasonable, but generally, I don't think I'd drop one on this boat.

I don't like the vote push on kitsune/kalor. It seems like it is mostly predicated on the idea that Kitsunelaine should have been actively posting more consistently, but she already gave a real life explanation for that: her sleep schedule has been badly messed up.

Do you people (such as malus, Pirate Bae, Coolest, Dr. Monkey, etc) think that Kitsunelaine is lying about those real life issues? Since last I checked, this community had a policy to do two things: you don't lie about real life stuff coming up, and you believe people when they say real life concerns are getting in the way of the game. Breaking either of those rules is a shitty thing to do as a player, regardless of alignment.

Now, even ignoring all of that, kitsunelaine is one of the few players that I have a town lean on. Her game so far has been a little sloppy, but it feels genuine. My other town reads today are Fantomas, Verelios, and to a slightly lesser extent Natiko. I won't be voting for any of them today, and that naturally extends to their partners.

No, I don't think she's lying. Again, I will say: Come in, do a bunch, drop back is something she has done before as a tactic. It may also mirror her regular town style; certainly the erratic behavior does, but as town she seems more ready with the sustained engagement to me. And there's NO engagement after that first flurry. It's not even a matter of "oh, I posted a lot, let me chill out." It's emptiness after a lot of noise. Feels performative. The question I'm trying to answer for myself is if it's scum performativity or just kits.

I don't feel super confident about Kalor, either. Verelios made some great points there. I'm not sure I will stay here with my vote, though. kits is a wild card and I said before I have some trouble reading Kalor traditionally.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
The thing that pushed them above everyone else that didn't really justify their vote was that final point about how little they've really commented on the actual game. The timing of their Pirate Bae vote at the time also looks a bit more bandwagony than the other ones.
I think what's being asked is how you feel about the other trains, Baelus and Abvon.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I see. So I guess you'd probably be listing Stan as town if he wasn't paired with FEP.
I don't follow this part. If you knew there wasn't actually real momentum behind it, why were you and Stu so frustrated over it, talking about "After I flip, do X or Y" across multiple posts?
To the first: I would probably put him at a slight town, yes, with plans to continue reassessing - Stan's reactions after EoD/SoD are usually pretty telling.

To the second: the lack of momentum was what was frustrating. To have so many people out here trying to seriously put forth the idea that Stu and I would just blow up and reveal ourselves as scum in the first three hours of the game is frankly ridiculous, and to have them sit there and not really do anything else either, despite being active... yeah. That's boggling to me. Stu was frustrated for different reasons. I know how it feels to get hammered on tone like that. It really does start to feel like no matter what you do, you're fucked.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Potential votes hmmmm. Come on Kalor. Come on. I'd be more receptive of this answer if you actually said what you thought of top posters and that you weren't mining the lowest coal shafts.

I was planning on doing that later once I reread more stuff but briefly for some of the top posters:

Stu - Probably town.
Sorian - As I've said before, nothing has really stuck out as being suspicous from them.
Geno - Probably town.
Dr Monkey - I don't like some of the arguments that she's used today but no interest in voting her today. And I think Stu is probably town right now anyway.
Natiko - Need to reread but nothing stuck out.

And in terms of the top voted pairs right now

Pirate Bae/Malus - I've been flipping back and forth on this today. My rac vote earlier was almost on one of the two before I noticed racs voted and dug a bit more into that.
absolutbro and Ty4on - This is the pair I need to reread. Most of the votes on them seem to be based on activity rather than anything meaningful.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think I can vote for Tybro today either. I can definitely buy the arguments for scumTy, but I don't see them for AbBro here. The only thing that gives me some slight pause is his objection to voting. While I understand his position, I don't know if I like it. I wouldn't defend them, but that's not where I'd be most inclined to vote. The wagon spread is tickling at me right now and where people are voting. I have to run a short errand and then I think I want to look into that more. I think there's some avoidance somewhere.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also AB not wanting to vote with the wagons may as well be it's own meme at this point too so big ole shrug there.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am dying here. Send me back to the gme with 9 players. Glossed over most of what came up after I left.
Also out of curiosity, why me?
Literally nothing on Brazil, I want to see a reasoning for Flux's Kalor vote, seemed baseless.
It was predicated on what I had discussed before, about Katsune being the team that stood out to me the most. It's mainly due to Kitsune's defensive/aggressive behavior, and how she scaled back posting once suspicion started to grow on her team. It's also due to Kalor's non-presence. One side was too invested in what was going on, and the other side seemed not invested enough.
I'm blanking, Dr. Monkey do you actually have direct experience playing with Flux?
MafiEra. Cult vs. Scum.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am dying here. Send me back to the gme with 9 players. Glossed over most of what came up after I left.

It was predicated on what I had discussed before, about Katsune being the team that stood out to me the most. It's mainly due to Kitsune's defensive/aggressive behavior, and how she scaled back posting once suspicion started to grow on her team. It's also due to Kalor's non-presence. One side was too invested in what was going on, and the other side seemed not invested enough.

MafiEra. Cult vs. Scum.

Hahaha oh wow, I really was blanking the obvious. Alright, disingenuous post from Monkey then, got it.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
To the second: the lack of momentum was what was frustrating. To have so many people out here trying to seriously put forth the idea that Stu and I would just blow up and reveal ourselves as scum in the first three hours of the game is frankly ridiculous, and to have them sit there and not really do anything else either, despite being active... yeah. That's boggling to me. Stu was frustrated for different reasons. I know how it feels to get hammered on tone like that. It really does start to feel like no matter what you do, you're fucked.
I see. So it's not that you didn't believe people would vote for you, but instead that you feared people would just fall in place and lynch you out without putting much thought into it.

I'll say that my initial mention of "momentum" actually accounted for that possibility (and for the people who were just voicing limp "I could go for Monkey/Stu" comments), though, as even people who aren't moving of their own volition can be caught by inertia in these situations.

I guess it falls back to where I'm standing regarding Stu. The frustration is NAI to me - I could see it go both ways. It is unfortunate that you two spent most of the phase playing defense.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Until I'm employed at a stable job again, low activity!me is all you'll get.

Please for the love of God don't start with this crap. This is not an argument.

I'm pretty sure literally no one called you scummy for being a high activity poster, but nice try.

Oh yeah.

Any reason you didn't call Ty out for the dodge?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
absolutbro and Ty4on - This is the pair I need to reread. Most of the votes on them seem to be based on activity rather than anything meaningful.
How so? I don't think that's true at all. I just went through them and the only vote there that seems to be based on activity is Kits' (which is probably the one that gives me the most pause, tbf.)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll ask @rac to post his thoughts he shared with me.
"Never show your work." - Rac, 2019
I don't really think I can vote for Tybro today either. I can definitely buy the arguments for scumTy, but I don't see them for AbBro here. The only thing that gives me some slight pause is his objection to voting. While I understand his position, I don't know if I like it. I wouldn't defend them, but that's not where I'd be most inclined to vote. The wagon spread is tickling at me right now and where people are voting. I have to run a short errand and then I think I want to look into that more. I think there's some avoidance somewhere.
If you have a scum read on Ty, but nothing on AB, wouldn't that still justify the scum read on Ty? Or are there things about AB that make you doubt your read on Ty?
Hahaha oh wow, I really was blanking the obvious. Alright, disingenuous post from Monkey then, got it.
What is your read on Flux? I think you mentioned it earlier in a post about it lining up with your read on Brazil, but you didn't really expand on it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You should add a *truffleshuffle* to your tunnel.

But really, though I know you just want to say things that are memorable and create a narrative, what exactly is disingenuous about my take on Flux? I said I find him thoughtful and reasonable. If you do not, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would all like to know why you feel that way, considering there are votes on their boat.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be re-reading some stuff before placing a vote, but if anyone wants to ask anything, that may be helpful to take a better decision.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If you have a scum read on Ty, but nothing on AB, wouldn't that still justify the scum read on Ty? Or are there things about AB that make you doubt your read on Ty?
No, because if it's just an activity read on Ty, if past performance is any indication, it will continue to be an issue tomorrow and it will give more clues on how to read AbBro's contributions. And I get that it's activity+meta on Ty but as I said much earlier, town Ty can also be pretty low engagement. In short, I'm not convinced, but I won't like stand for them to stay, either.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
How so? I don't think that's true at all. I just went through them and the only vote there that seems to be based on activity is Kits' (which is probably the one that gives me the most pause, tbf.)

I ended up sweeping the mention of being passive from Terra and xbro mentioned a "lack of anything meaningful" under activity, since those two are sort of a consequence of them not posting a lot. Then there's also Kits vote as you said which makes 3.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A few things that stand out to me:

1. What my partner said about the momentum on Dr. Monkey + Stuart deflating actually pretty quickly as we reach the end. It's weird. I'm not certain what to think of it, but looking at the voters who were behind it, nothing seems too dubious outside of Sorian's nowhere vote on Brazil (doesn't seem that he was ever really invested in this vote) and Fran moving to Pirate Bae once momentum started picking up.

2. The momentum gained behind Pirate Malus. It was a duo I was about to vote on before going to sleep, and then decided against. And now it seems that they've picked up a ton of momentum and might be the ones lynched today. If I were to guess, scum must be spreading around their votes to 2 major town duos (to control the narrative and lynch targets in a way to stray away from their own duos), with the rest on nowhere votes to avoid implication.

On Pirate Malus right now, the complete duos voting are: rac + Vincent Alexander, and Kyanrute + empressdonna.
On Katsune, the complete duo voting is: malus + Pirate Bae. Self-preservation?
There are no complete duos on the absolutbro & Ty4on team.

I wonder how likely it is for two members of a scum team to place their vote on the same target at EoD at this point...

I feel like I'm around a bunch of people I'm side-eyeing on the Katsune vote, but I like it better than Pirate Malus right now.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Never show your work." - Rac, 2019

What is your read on Flux? I think you mentioned it earlier in a post about it lining up with your read on Brazil, but you didn't really expand on it.

The best I've really ever found at reading Flux is that he is more scattered and "emotional" as town and more calm/collected as scum. I've always assumed that was gauge of how much info he has on the game state than anything. There's not a ton to go by on day 1 yet but I'd lean more towards the calm/collected side so far.

You should add a *truffleshuffle* to your tunnel.

But really, though I know you just want to say things that are memorable and create a narrative, what exactly is disingenuous about my take on Flux? I said I find him thoughtful and reasonable. If you do not, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would all like to know why you feel that way, considering there are votes on their boat.

You commented that his vernacular might be throwing off your read. He's not speaking any differently here, the general aloof-ness is always present.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The best I've really ever found at reading Flux is that he is more scattered and "emotional" as town and more calm/collected as scum. I've always assumed that was gauge of how much info he has on the game state than anything. There's not a ton to go by on day 1 yet but I'd lean more towards the calm/collected side so far.
Your read is wrong. See the latest game I've played in, 999. It's a conscious decision to improve, instead of playing on impulse.