• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Does that bother you? Hm.

giphy.gif
These gifs you're suddenly posting are definitely bothering me a bit lol.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Stuart444 & Dr. Monkey (4 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361
Kitsunelaine - #535
Geno - #729
Fran - #275
Sorian - #356
Fantomas - #440 #1,037

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (3 votes)
Verelios - #349
Dr. Monkey - #776
Fantomas - #1,037

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (2 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156 #737
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365
Stuart444 - #533

TheChuggernaut & SkyOdin (2 votes)
Apollo - #1,027
CoolestSpot - #802

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (1 votes)
Geno - #145 #729
Terraforce - #149 #944
empressdonna - #290
Natiko - #742 #1,026

Pirate Bae & malus (1 votes)
Natiko - #1,026

Ty4on & absolutbro (1 votes)
Terraforce - #944

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140 #802

Sorian & B-Dubs (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142 #742
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326 #533
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397 #535

rac & Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397

Not voting: FluxWaveZ, Xbro, B-Dubs, Fandorin, Pirate Bae, Kalor, absolutbro, Stantastic, Ty4on, Kyanrute, Brazil, Funky Dude Sparks, TheChuggernaut, rac, SkyOdin, malus, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Z-Beat, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 123 Sorian: 89 Stuart444: 83 Natiko: 62 Geno: 56 CoolestSpot: 51 Terraforce: 40 Dr. Monkey: 39 Fantomas: 37 Fran: 34 Verelios: 29 TheChuggernaut: 28 Pirate Bae: 22 Ty4on: 19 Kyanrute: 19 Reki: 17 Z-Beat: 16 B-Dubs: 15 empressdonna: 14 Brazil: 13 rac: 13 Stantastic: 12 Kalor: 11 Fandorin: 9 SkyOdin: 9 FluxWaveZ: 8 flatearthpandas: 8 Funky Dude Sparks: 7 Vincent Alexander: 7 Zippedpinhead: 7 absolutbro: 6 Xbro: 5 malus: 3 Apollo: 3

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Where are your thoughts at right now Dubs? Is anyone sticking out to you?
I think Monkey leaning on a meme vote for so long was weird, and I always suspect Kits, but there's so many people in this game that it's hard to get a handle on it all. I want to take another run through everything later tonight to try and see who is being helpful and who is just posting fluff.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
VOTE: TheChuggernaut

He has a solid amount of posts, and a not so solid amount of scumhunting. On the contrary, there's a consistent theme in his posts of soft defending people.

This all feels to me like scum scared to be too bold, especially in light of the legitimately surprising amount of actual discussion for a D1. Outside of this, it's mostly a bunch of filler posts that aren't really notable in any way.

Looking at his beloved SkyOdin's posts, there's honestly not l that much that's notable. I would say he's made maybe a few posts worth looking at? One is your basic anti no lunch post, but with an interesting aside at the end.

I find this interesting in light of Chuggernaut's posts, as I get a similar feeling of trying to be inoffensive.

Then we have SkyOdin going against Sorian.

These feel a little weak to me. The first post apparently takes issue with Sorian's tone. As far as I'm concerned this isn't a very important observation. It's an easy thing to get on somebody's case for, but it doesn't really say anything. The second post is a lot of words that say a whole lot of nothing, and still end up passing the buck onto somebody else to do the scum hunting for him.

As a pair, Chuggernaut and SkyOdin do not impress. They're hesitant to take real positions and seem all to comfortable to stay in the background- while still posting to keep up appearances.
I suppose that my tone hasn't come across very well, since it seems that everyone is misunderstanding my remarks about Sorian. It isn't so much his tone in of itself that bothers me. It is the fact that it is part of a deliberate strategy to portray himself as an important part of town.

Do I think Sorian is scum? Mostly on the basis that B-Dubs' unexpectedly fervent defense at slight pressure raised my suspicion towards the team. However, I certainly don't town read Sorian either. Right now, he comes across as one of two things:
a) A townie with no solid leads who is covering that up with bluster and aggressive tunnel vision.
b) scum who is playing aggressively because that is what he does

Because I am wary of b, in part due to B-Dubs and in part due to meta reasons (I remember Batman mafia) I think it is prudent to keep a skeptical eye on Sorian and pressure him to see if I can get a more solid read on him.

As for my response to Verelios, I wasn't at all satisfied with his "NAI" take on Sorian. For starters, it always makes me slightly suspicious when someone else jumps in to defend the subject of my accusations with a quick dismissal. "Why is Verelios interjecting like this?" was my thought. I wanted something more solid from him, so I asked what he would look for.

With my earlier comment on the "No Lynch" voting, I am not sure how you got the impression that I was trying to be inoffensive or wishy-washy on the subject. I have a very simple opinion on the subject: if you are going to vote No Lynch, then you damn well better supply a solid argument as to why when you make the vote. If not, then don't bother making that vote or wasting our time bringing the possibility up. I naturally have a very strong dislike for unexplained votes, and that goes double for ones that appear to go against the interests of town.

Now if I otherwise seem quiet, it is mostly because I have been barely able to keep up with the thread so far due to other distractions. Whenever I catch up, something happens to come up and tear me away before I can post. For instance, my phone just ran low on power as I was typing this paragraph, arrrghh. I do intend to weigh in more soon.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think both could be scum? I feel with the way they've been going at each other really unlikely for S/S, there's no meta reason for them to be this aggressive.
Come back to me on this closer to EoD. As I said before, a lot of the interactions come across as weak, and not full on presses against one another.

If I had to go with one side over the other (assuming they're on opposite corners) I'd vote for Sori-Dubs over Dr. Stu. Particularly because I want to give Stu the benefit of the doubt even though he's done some weird shit and is still dismissive even after being told his actions are weird. He is at least active and contributing here and there at the very least. And I've been skimming over Monkey's posts and planning to do a full ISO later.

Brazil told me to give B-Dubs time, and even now he has done nothing to qualm my worries. When a majority of your posting is relegated to pure defense, it's not a good look.

I asked the same thing and he did elaborate. I'm on mobile now so I can quote him.
Yeah I corrected myself a few posts above this. It was my bad, should have caught up entirely before responding.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also if I'm right about Ty, you can thank me later for the Scummoning no jutsu. The man turned up mere minutes after I called him out.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Another player making posts straight out of their last iteration as scum. The last time you promised delayed reads, you came back with a fake cop claim instead :P

I like how you say this with zero context. Elaboration pls? Not all of us were in "last game."
Feisty, hahaha.

He has a solid amount of posts, and a not so solid amount of scumhunting. On the contrary, there's a consistent theme in his posts of soft defending people.

This all feels to me like scum scared to be too bold, especially in light of the legitimately surprising amount of actual discussion for a D1. Outside of this, it's mostly a bunch of filler posts that aren't really notable in any way.

Looking at his beloved SkyOdin's posts, there's honestly not l that much that's notable. I would say he's made maybe a few posts worth looking at? One is your basic anti no lunch post, but with an interesting aside at the end.

I find this interesting in light of Chuggernaut's posts, as I get a similar feeling of trying to be inoffensive.

These feel a little weak to me. The first post apparently takes issue with Sorian's tone. As far as I'm concerned this isn't a very important observation. It's an easy thing to get on somebody's case for, but it doesn't really say anything. The second post is a lot of words that say a whole lot of nothing, and still end up passing the buck onto somebody else to do the scum hunting for him.

As a pair, Chuggernaut and SkyOdin do not impress. They're hesitant to take real positions and seem all to comfortable to stay in the background- while still posting to keep up appearances.
This is a good post. I have a hard time trusting people who sideline suspicions on certain players because they're "good when town".

The way Chuggs tried to paint B-Dubs as a "newbie townie" also seems a bit forced, as they've both been in a similar number of games.

Worth a reread.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Townies also get frustrated when being ganged up on.

What group is more likely to do it D1?

Scum who you'd think would try and play it cool or townies who have no reason to hide how they're feeling.
Both are just as likely imo. But you are missing the point, this isn't about any scum or town, this is about you specifically. This does not reflect your prior games, and so I'm voting you.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kits really went off a cliff in terms of activity. Almost certainly NAI, but were'd you go fam? Kitsunelaine Any changing thoughts on Dr. Stu? Alzheimer's may be kicking in, but I don't recall much of an assault from you on Mumkey's behavior. Has she altered your thoughts on Stu since she's posted more frequently now?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this post. I don't like it in a rhyhme, I don't like it with a pie. I don't like it anywhere, I just don't like it Dr. Monkey Bear.

This is a classic pocket move. I see you again.
sure jan
I think Monkey leaning on a meme vote for so long was weird, and I always suspect Kits, but there's so many people in this game that it's hard to get a handle on it all. I want to take another run through everything later tonight to try and see who is being helpful and who is just posting fluff.
I was actually on the Sorian vote for four minutes, so would you like to elaborate here?
They don't often do it D1 though.
giphy.gif

A couple of y'all have just decided we are scum. We get it. There's a whole team though so maybe you could look around a little more.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Townies also get frustrated when being ganged up on.

What group is more likely to do it D1?

Scum who you'd think would try and play it cool or townies who have no reason to hide how they're feeling.
It's NAI. I've seen plenty of cases for both. Especially if you're one who doesn't like playing as one side or the other.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Funky Dude Geno - Looking back, I actually got the sense that Geno seemed maybe a bit opportunistic when jumping on the Dr. Stuart vote. His read on B-Dubs also seemed a bit played up, I'm not sure if he really buys that read, which seems a bit scummy to me. Sparks is fucking wild.
Sorian called this a trap vote and frankly, I agree with him. So knowing what you know about Geno and how he's often perceived, and Sparky, and how there was discussion before game even started about a push for them on d1, do you think that would impact Geno's play if he was scum here? If so, how? Do you see anything like that? How about the tic-tac-toe?

Basically I want to see how you feel about the "trap" remark.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, you are asking me to do something you are not. You are asking me to try and find other scum while you yourself will sit and continue to say "But no matter what I say they will not change their mind".

I told you to "Do better"

That could mean hunt for other scum or could mean use a better reason than the weakass one you gave already.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How do you feel about AbBro's readlist?
He town reads me so obv it's right.

Honestly though I'm not a fan of "list posts" in mafia. Especially when the poster only puts a line or two per person. It's essentially just a wordier alignment list, which is more concise and to the point. Doesn't help when he hasn't had much of a presence and now most of his reads are null/town or "Geno seems like Geno"/"Coolest is Coolest" which reads as lazy to me.

Tangent aside, he's definitely one of the more passive players (with his reads only driving this point home further) I would like to see more from to get a better read. I believe I've played with AB before but I can't recall which game for the life of me.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Sorian called this a trap vote and frankly, I agree with him. So knowing what you know about Geno and how he's often perceived, and Sparky, and how there was discussion before game even started about a push for them on d1, do you think that would impact Geno's play if he was scum here? If so, how? Do you see anything like that? How about the tic-tac-toe?

Basically I want to see how you feel about the "trap" remark.
Frankly, none of that talk means shit to me.

I actually don't really know much about Geno as far as the Meta goes, from what I recall I've played with him twice(?) and he died kind of early both times. He's maybe a bit stubborn I guess, that's it. I don't really care to guess how Geno might or might not try to alter his play in accordance with pre-game comments and how people usually view him. The same can be said for Sparky. Tic-tac-toe can be played by anyone.

Oct 25, 2017

This is a good post. I have a hard time trusting people who sideline suspicions on certain players because they're "good when town".

The way Chuggs tried to paint B-Dubs as a "newbie townie" also seems a bit forced, as they've both been in a similar number of games.

Worth a reread.

Addressing both of these. I don't know if soft defending is the right word. I'm kind of hard defending Stuart here. I also straight up like a lot of Monkey's post today. There's a bit more to my defense then just thinking he'll be useful later. I've said that I don't think today is super out of the ordinary for town Stuart. The B-Dubs read was me being mistaken. I'm not sticking by that one. As far as the no hard stance thing that I think Fantomas mentioned also. I'm a little bit hesitant to go in on a read I'm not super sure of after HoH had me doing that a lot and people just kept flipping town. I'm trying to take my time a bit and think this through. And no one is really jumping out to me as scummy at this very moment.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What is it with this game and people screwing up their votes. It's going to start looking intentional real soon.