• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
All these features seem great. It is also great there seem to be completely new things.
Right now I think what the game miss the most is special characters who are residents.
Most SC just come and go. NL had a better ratio and I think it created a stronger "you living in a community" feeling in the end.
The dream would be everything coming in the April update.
I don't want it all at once. As long as they go at a more splatoon pace and not a smm2 pace though.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see all these returning features, many of them felt like big missing pieces.

The new stuff seems pretty interesting as well, curious if there will be some additional benefits to cooking (beyond being able to dig up trees and break rocks).

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Of course I'm not talking about real-money monetization but just making more "grindy" things out of something that we do out of fun or leisure is bad design for this series. It's gimmicky and grindy enough as is with the pointless crafting. They're making the game way more complicated than it needs to be.
lol you're still holding on to the idea of this game being like the first three animal crossings

it's a New world man, let the series go if you don't like it. get a gamecube on ebay or something

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think we haven't even reached the Splatoon approach yet tbh. Right now the developers are catching up to content that was almost assuredly planned for launch and they didn't make it.

It's just as likely that almost all of this was ready by launch and they've sat on it because they didn't want people to time travel and give it all away on social media months or more in advance.

Like, there's absolutely no chance they were caught with their pants down and only had now considered to add further upgrades to nooks shop, they'll be added in patches down the line.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at animal crossing spoilers. Ppl need to get their spoiler vaccines so they can read about new stuff!

I'm glad this game getting a lot of on going content additions

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
The diving needs to be back in. Having a swimming pool you can't swim in? Ridiculous.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Some players posted some videos on Twitter of villagers referencing growing vegetables. Just like the cafe or the paintings, it is in the datamine but not yet in the game...🤔

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at animal crossing spoilers. Ppl need to get their spoiler vaccines so they can read about new stuff!

I'm glad this game getting a lot of on going content additions
Does it really bother you that someone marked spoilers? Why even comment on that? What's wrong with you? There are definitely people who would rather not have these potential surprises ruined.

this should be the normal procedure. Just mark it and move on. It's two words in a title. It takes almost no extra time or effort and is in no way obtrusive to those who don't care about it.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Does it really bother you that someone marked spoilers? Why even comment on that? What's wrong with you?

this should be the normal procedure. Just mark it and move on. It's two words in a title.
It doesn't bother me at all. There is nothing to spoil though. I'm not the only one commenting on it though so maybe you wanna reread the thread there champ

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
COOKING?!?

PinkGoodCalf-size_restricted.gif

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
It doesn't bother me at all. There is nothing to spoil though. I'm not the only one commenting on it though so maybe you wanna reread the thread there champ
This is for content that has not been announced by Nintendo so it could easily been seen as spoilers by people who only want info from official sources.

Oct 25, 2017
User banned(1 day): Platform Warring
just confirms my suspicion that the game is not content complete and the delay was likely useless... but its nintendo so it will be over looked.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Some players posted some videos on Twitter of villagers referencing growing vegetables. Just like the cafe or the paintings, it is in the datamine but not yet in the game...🤔
I still think some of this stuff is content that was cut, not content that is upcoming. It could be both though

Oct 25, 2017
How do you reason lol??? if they hadn't delayed it it would've been even worse
because of how bare-bones in content the game really is compared to other AC games. its basically a very stripped down game to appeal imo to the pocket camp crowd. with the depth (and staples of the franchise) being added later to "spite" time-travelers

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not the lord of spoilers. You don't get to be the only one who decides what is and isn't a spoiler. Some people would absolutely rather play the game without knowing what's to come. Especially when this stuff is quite literally datamined and unannounced. That's part of the joy of animal crossing. It's pretty obvious that this stuff would be considered spoiler territory for Animal Crossing. If someone datamined all the future events those would be spoilers too. I personally don't care which is why I entered the thread to read everyone's take, but I once some people absolutely will and there's nothing wrong with that. They deserve that experience

it's good that the OP marked it for those who would care, and it bothers me that some people in this thread take issue with it because it's such a dumb thing to even be bothered by. It just shows how careless some are towards other people's enjoyment. Why else would you go out if your way to make fun of a spoiler mark? If it didn't bother you you'd just be like the rest of us and move on.

it takes two words to mark a spoiler. Whether it's big, small, old, or new just mark it and move on.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
because of how bare-bones in content the game really is compared to other AC games. its basically a very stripped down game to appeal imo to the pocket camp crowd. with the depth (and staples of the franchise) being added later to "spite" time-travelers
it's been in development since before the switch was in development (circa late 2014), so it follows that it greatly preceded pocket camp as well.

it lacks content, but I attribute this to the exponential increase in polygon count, as well as the technical ambition of its core mechanics which clearly took a great deal of what I suspect was troubled iterative development.

also, do you seriously think they've held back content to spite time travelers? that's not cynical, it's illogical. the real cynical take would be that yes, they've withheld content (which I don't agree with given how many issues and bugs the relatively anemic game has) to prolong its life on social media and maintain engagement with players and public mindshare

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
Cooking and farming are my ultimate dream for Animal Crossing. We are a month in to the game, and I have sorta ran out of things to do after I check the two stores and the Nook Stop. After I move the one building for the day, and build one bridge, my choices are to keep watering my plants again, shake trees, fish, catch bugs, style my house, and talk to villagers.

In New Leaf we could go to the island and play games with other players, or use the dream suite to visit other towns.

I want to keep terraforming but I need to move several homes first and you can only move one per day. I am happy for any feature that extends my time in the game.

Last edited:

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
okay, but listen. Can we all agree that the villagers referencing going to the art gallery and getting too much coffee from Brewster isn't cute foreshadowing or whatever, it's a bug, presumably caused by content being cut?

General Tso

Jan 10, 2018
Since Earth Day is on Wednesday, can we expect some of this content (e.g. bushes and veggies) to get announced and released within the next 2 days?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds great, but I really hope they revamp some dialog menus and online interactions (is never gonna happen, but they really should), becuase thats really soaring me in the game.

Oct 27, 2017
This all sounds great, but I really hope they revamp some dialog menus and online interactions (is never gonna happen, but they really should), becuase thats really soaring me in the game.
They need to remove like 70% of the transactional (as in not villager conversations) dialog/menus. The Terminal system is Pokemon Gen 1/2 tier. You have a smartphone analog, so why not make the terminal a visual display too??

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
okay, but listen. Can we all agree that the villagers referencing going to the art gallery and getting too much coffee from Brewster isn't cute foreshadowing or whatever, it's a bug, presumably caused by content being cut?
Or it is just foreshadowing because we know this stuff is coming now.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I still think some of this stuff is content that was cut, not content that is upcoming. It could be both though
I suppose having villagers talking about the Roost, paintings and growing vegetables was not yet intended but that would be a very amateurish thing to do it that was some cut content.
It is still possible since the game is having quite a lot of bugs for a in-house Nintendo game. That makes me believe it was a little rushed. Still a great game though. One of my favorite on the system.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
They need to remove like 70% of the transactional (as in not villager conversations) dialog/menus. The Terminal system is Pokemon Gen 1/2 tier
Yup, its trash, but knowing how some Nintendo designers think, they probably think is cute and something needed. Maybe they will change a little bit of it in the next animal crossing, if we are lucky.

Also they really need to expand the villager dialog, if i hear again my villagers only tell me they are fed up of me hitting rocks... Instead of putting superfluous dialog in all of the animals were you need to do fast transactions, add more fucking dialogue to villagers, ffs. But again, thats something i dont see them chainging until a new animal crossing comes by.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Or it is just foreshadowing because we know this stuff is coming now.
It's not foreshadowing because it makes no sense. I know the dialogue is an afterthought to a lot of Animal Crossing players, but the villagers talking about going to nonexistent places and doing nonexistent things is a bug, full stop.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Instead of putting superfluous dialog in all of the animals were you need to do fast transactions, add more fucking dialogue to villagers, ffs. But again, thats something i dont see them chainging until a new animal crossing comes by.
unfortunately neither the devs nor the majority of players give a shit about flavor text anymore

I suppose having villagers talking about the Roost, paintings and growing vegetables was not yet intended but that would be a very amateurish thing to do it that was some cut content.
It is still possible since the game is having quite a lot of bugs for a in-house Nintendo game. That makes me believe it was a little rushed. Still a great game though. One of my favorite on the system.
We have to believe it was an accident, because it literally doesn't make any sense. It was a bug caused by the content that the dialogue refers to not meeting the deadline and getting cut.

I still love the game too. Furthermore I'd rather have something rough around the edges than something sanded into a perfect boring sphere like New Leaf. But man, some of the bugs are confounding

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
No. It wasn't cut from the release version.
It's obvious that those things were always meant to be post launch content.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
So you think the cafe and art aren't coming then?
they could, probably will too given that Brewster and Redd are fan-favorite characters. but the dialogue was an accident, no question. If it's a hint (which it's not), it's a dumb fucking hint. Why would they hint at future content by having villagers pretend it's in the game already?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
they could, probably will too given that Brewster and Redd are fan-favorite characters. but the dialogue was an accident, no question. If it's a hint (which it's not), it's a dumb fucking hint. Why would they hint at future content by having villagers pretend it's in the game already?
I mean both are datamined to be coming, so who knows. Not sure why you seem so dismissive about everything in this thread.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
It's not foreshadowing because it makes no sense. I know the dialogue is an afterthought to a lot of Animal Crossing players, but the villagers talking about going to nonexistent places and doing nonexistent things is a bug, full stop.
I agree. Now it remains to be seen if they are referencing things to come or things that got cut. Hopefully it is not the latter (and since we know some content updates are coming, I think we can be hopeful)