• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Mia's is just a more emotive HUNK. She's a corporate asset, she was paid to do something and she did it. All she was a handler.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
The dark side Chris gives me excitement for this game.

zsgA2iT5uMrtFKEZzoBoPY.jpg
No-houuh!

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Hey if you think were sad, just go to the Silent Hill thread.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Damn, thought for sure we would get more today. Unless Capcom drops a random trailer, would have to assume Gamescom

Apr 3, 2020
God I wish they stuck with gritty 70's horror vibe instead of witches and werewolves.

RE7?...
I've always felt RE7 was a mashup of modern or 2000s horror films, RE7 explored more than a single horror-subgenre, which left the game with more than a identity.

This was one of my main things I didn't about the game, and I'm glad RE8 is sticking with one or two themes (I hope so).

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
That didn't age well đź’”
It didn't, but as I said on Twitter I should've been more suspicious I hadn't heard anything. I sometimes am not in the know about these things (I don't know Capcom's marketing strategies is something I often say when people ask me for exact dates), but more recently I've gotten more head-ups when things will show a few days in advance.

That said, it truly is a case people won't be waiting long, that much is already known officially, and means people can sit on these details a bit longer.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
RE7?...
I've always felt RE7 was a mashup of modern or 2000s horror films, RE7 explored more than a single horror-subgenre, which left the game with more than a identity.

This was one of my main things I didn't about the game, and I'm glad RE8 is sticking with one or two themes (I hope so).
The two obvious points of reference were Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Evil Dead (and their remakes/sequels). There was that little Saw reference in the birthday segment, but to me it seemed like a pretty pure nod to early slashers and hillbilly horror.

Village seems to be all about gothic horror. Which is cool by itself, but a little disappointing to me because of how much I loved the Baker house and that it was somewhat already explored with 4.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Can confirm pretty much all of this I experienced in the Ambassador playtest with the big exception of the lady merchant, She showed up briefly as a mysterious figure though so they must've fleshed her out in this current demo build. Couldn't combine treasure and there wasn't an upgrade tree either.

Apr 3, 2020
The two obvious points of reference were Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Evil Dead (and their remakes/sequels). There was that little Saw reference in the birthday segment, but to me it seemed like a pretty pure nod to early slashers and hillbilly horror.

Village seems to be all about gothic horror. Which is cool by itself, but a little disappointing to me because of how much I loved the Baker house and that it was somewhat already explored with 4.

The whole Lucas segment is just basically SAW with those traps and mind games. Jack is an obvious one. Eveline is inspired with supernatural horror movies. There are some haunting/ghost elements in the game, especially the video tapes hence Blair Witch Project and it legacy.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am still hoping that this Mia shit is some kind of fakeout. Them beginning this game by fridging Mia would be such weak sauce.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
I hope Mia's dead, she's part of Umbrella for fuck sake the company known for doing fucked up experiments on innocent people?! Does Raccoon City ring a bell for anyone?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Mia dying at the start is a pretty big force for the story. Not to mention one of the few times RE has actually brought back a character and killed them (typically they introduce & kill in the same game).

As of right now with what's known, Mia's death truly does get the story rolling & the secrets surrounding the winters family will be surprising to most players apparently.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I hope Mia's dead, she's part of Umbrella for fuck sake the company known for doing fucked up experiments on innocent people?! Does Raccoon City ring a bell for anyone?
Wait is there something in the DLC about this? I thought Umbrella were supposed to be the good guys now and Mia was working for a new evil bioweapon group?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Wait is there something in the DLC about this? I thought Umbrella were supposed to be the good guys now and Mia was working for a new evil bioweapon group?

The Umbrella (blue logo) the game presents is a PMC, which had nothing to do with Eveline.

Mia was working for The Connections, which is exactly as you described.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
The Umbrella (blue logo) the game presents is a PMC, which had nothing to do with Eveline.

Mia was working for The Connections, which is exactly as you described.
Yeah, that's right. And The Connections worked with Wesker in the past. I hope Village sheds some light on this stuff and brings back the Molded.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Welp, literally any day now we should see our new info. People are noticing that both Capcom and Sony aren't listed for Gamescom. Wonder if Sony has a surprise event this week 🤷‍♂️