• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
large

community.stadia.com

New games coming to Stadia!

You’re already looking forward to DOOM Eternal, Get Packed, Orcs Must Die! 3, Baldur’s Gate 3 and many more games coming to Stadia this year. Now, get set to explore the inner workings of a child’s memories, or leap into arcade chaos with your friends with a trio of titles making their debut on...
Lost Worlds, Spitlings, and Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks) are "first on Stadia."

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Panzer Dragoon coming to stadia first? Odd...

Edit: I reread the announcement and realized that it and Serious Sam were excluded.

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People: "Google wtf announce games"

Google: "Okay! Look, games!"

People: "google no"

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like they are still just experimenting to see what kind of games people will play on Stadia.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I think Switch and Steam versions are confirmed as well? It's not a Stadia exclusive.
Switch definitely is already confirmed; it was originally announced on a Nintendo stream. Rereading the release, it appears that Serious Sam and Panzer Dragoon won't be exclusives or "first on stadia", just the other three are.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Panzer Dragoon coming to stadia first? Odd...

That's not what it says.

Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Serious Sam Collection are simply just also on Stadia. Panzer Dragoon: Remake is also announced for Steam and Switch, and Serious Sam Collection, while not officially announced for anything else yet, was rated for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One back in December 2018.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Oh, so I guess the 3 indie games make up 3 of the 10 exclusives that Stadia were talking about for Q1/Q2:

venturebeat.com

Google Stadia is getting 10 timed exclusives in the first half of 2020

Google Stadia exclusives are coming. The company says it has 10 games that will launch on Stadia first over the next six months.
Yeah, I'm surprised how indie-centric Stadia exclusives have been. Are the bigger developers refusing to accept Google's checks in return for timed exclusivity, or is Google not looking for bigger third-party exclusives in the first place?

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Stadia fans: What games you got for us
Google: We got Stacks on Stacks on Stacks
Stadia fans: fuck yeah, so excited

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
google really opening their wallet there..............I'm guessing big publishers are basically telling them fuck no.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Switch definitely is already confirmed; it was originally announced on a Nintendo stream. Rereading the release, it appears that Serious Sam and Panzer Dragoon won't be exclusives or "first on stadia", just the other three are.
That's not what it says.

Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Serious Sam Collection are simply just also on Stadia. Panzer Dragoon: Remake is also announced for Steam and Switch, and Serious Sam Collection, while not officially announced for anything else yet, was rated for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One back in December 2018.

Yup, I realized after rereading.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Those comments on the Stadia community page are bots like there's no denying. Imagine celebrating those games and the lack of communication.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So because of goofy google I have to wait longer for the Panzer Dragoon remake?

I didn't care before but now I'm autopissed

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I might actually try Panzer on this but it depends if the free Stadia is out by then or not.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not the Panzer Dragoon update I wanted but cool I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm surprised how indie-centric Stadia exclusives have been. Are the bigger developers refusing to accept Google's checks in return for timed exclusivity, or is Google not looking for bigger third-party exclusives in the first place?
Have to imagine large publishers are very wary of getting into bed with Google on this, as you're potentially throwing your game away to be played by thousands.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I figured it is time for another Stadia Connect this month or next month to fill out the H1 2020 lineup. Maybe not.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Quality or impressiveness of the games aside, it's hilariously wasteful to stream smaller, more simple games like that. Streaming Spitlings at best quality for an hour is basically the equivalent of downloading it fifteen times, or four times at minimum quality.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have to imagine large publishers are very wary of getting into bed with Google on this, as you're potentially throwing your game away to be played by thousands.
yeah, at this stage accepting an exclusivity deal for stadia is pretty much sending your game out to die, hard to imagine anyone other than small indies would accept the check. i can't even imagine bigger indies (think, hollow knight or celeste caliber indies) accepting a deal.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, at this stage accepting an exclusivity deal for stadia is pretty much sending your game out to die, hard to imagine anyone other than small indies would accept the check. i can't even imagine bigger indies (think, hollow knight or celeste caliber indies) accepting a deal.
3-6 month timed exculive, use the money to add content to console release?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy Stadia for what it is.. works very well for me. Will always compliment my main system of choice but I really like the tech. This list does not really excite me much but lord knows the platform needs more games so why not.