• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. 4 player coop and VS were both great fun. Would love to see it enhanced. Oddly enough, there's some vague similarities to what ended up in MH: World in there when I think back.
Straight up, I remember playing it for the first time and realizing I was playing some from of Monster Hunter

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
To be fair, it was a big surprise they moved it to MT framework, i kinda wish Capcom moved the DMC trilogy to MT framework, new dynamic shadows would be great in DMC1, which would fit it's more horror atmosphere.
Oh, that would be a dream come true. I was very much let down knowing the new version of the trilogy topped out at 1080p max on the new consoles, and now that you brought up that such a thing could be done, I'm all the more sad.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lost Planet 1 & 2 are good fun, especially the amazing snowy atmosphere in the first one. The button mashy controls were out of control though, and they cranked it up terribly in LP2. I would love to see both enhanced. LP3 was okay, but turned out like a weird Dead Space spin-off instead of a LP game.

Too bad the only one I have digitally is Code Veronica. I rented everything else last decade.

rapid32.5

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Code Veronica X after RE2REMAKE makes a lot of sense, since it continues the story and my favorite RE game. Good timing whoever was in charge MS or Capcom. Also it's the best looking version, 1080p, new lighting and widescreen helps a lot.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Downloading CODE: Veronica X right now. So that just leaves Resident Evil 3 as the blatant hole in the mainline titles on the Xbox One (counting RE2 and RE's remakes as covering those parts of the franchise).

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
57B617D20A0C3814D245239CF679001D4CEA3354
lmao wtf?

Jun 10, 2018
Played RE Code Veronica X on the 360 (played a tiny bit on the DreamCast), would love to go back through it again (if it ever gets X Enhancements). It does have some of the cringiest moments and dialogue out of all the RE games but it's gameplay is still there.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Nice!

Just got Lost Planet for $4 on ebay and Alan Wake for $6. Let the fun begin!

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This warms my heart. I enjoyed Lost Planet and one day I'll jump back into the series.

It also makes it so Asura's Wrath is that much closer to becoming available for BC.

Outside of some games that will never become BC due to licensing issues (Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy and Blur are never coming and it makes me so sad) I am down to 3 games left before I can close the door on my Xbox 360: the aforementioned AW, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Eternal Sonata.

So close.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
LP3 was an underrated game IMO. It wasn't as good of an action game as LP1 but I loved the atmosphere of being a "space trucker" and the story was pretty decent too.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
What are the differences?

PS4 version is a straight up HD emulation of the PS2 version. No extra bells and whistles.

The PS3/360 Remaster actually ran the game on MT Framework, no content was changed but the lighting in the game was dramatically overhauled. Some people think it looks too dark because of it, but it added a lot to the atmosphere, also it added proper shadows instead of the circular blobs under characters (which PS4 retains, because it's a straight up emulation of the original PS2 version).

This video shows comparison between the original PS2 and PS3 remaster

And this is a Digital Foundry video on the PS4 version (the emulated PS2 version)

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
PS4 version is a straight up HD emulation of the PS2 version. No extra bells and whistles.

The PS3/360 Remaster actually ran the game on MT Framework, no content was changed but the lighting in the game was dramatically overhauled. Some people think it looks too dark because of it, but it added a lot to the atmosphere, also it added proper shadows instead of the circular blobs under characters (which PS4 retains, because it's a straight up emulation of the original PS2 version).

This video shows comparison between the original PS2 and PS3 remaster

And this is a Digital Foundry video on the PS4 version (the emulated PS2 version)

Nice
Thanks

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I meant in reaction to this thread.

Because in that gif, although he compliments his coworkers business card, but inside he is furious and wants to cave the guys head in.

Is that how u feel about this news?
Or did u just mean the gif at face value?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

On one hand, it is impressive to get all the Lost Planets on the Xbox One (at one time) and very nice to get CODE: Veronica X as a bonus.

On the other hand, there are a ton of 360 and OG Xbox games I'd rather have on BC (Wherefore art thou RallySport Challenge?).

So, yeah.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing to see how robust BC continues to be - excited to redownload Code Veronica and give it a whirl!

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Aw yes, Code Veronica.

The ONLY Resident Evil game I have ever played to completion, way back on the DC.
I did start a replay on the 360 years ago when it released, I should start again.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I almost forgot Lost Planet even though the first one is one of my favorite games of all time. Forget Resident Evil, DMC or Dragons Dogma, Capcom. Give me a new Lost Planet with the recent engine!

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
How are the prerendered videos in Code Veronica? The only re-release I played was the PS3 version and the cutscenes had garbage quality. Significantly worse than what I remembered on the Dreamcast.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Thanks for the links was looking for it on the store but couldn't find it. Do BC games ever get sales cause $20 is a bit steep for me with titles this old. Then again I never played LP2 and I'm sure the value is more than there with the coop according to peeps here.
They were all $4.99 a piece back in the December sale so should be repeated this year in the bigger sales.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
ive played all the most recent iterations of RE but ive never player Code Veronica. It looks kinda rough.... is it worth the trip? The other mainline RE I've never played is re3 as it's never had a remake either.

I finished and loved Onimusha on the switch recently if that helps.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
great news especially for Lost Planet 2. Now if Capcom could just get Asura's Wrath on the Xbox One (X) so that I could play it on a newer system, that hopefully fixes the screen tearing as well. I really want to replay that game, just holding out for it being BC one day/

Oct 25, 2017
ive played all the most recent iterations of RE but ive never player Code Veronica. It looks kinda rough.... is it worth the trip? The other mainline RE I've never played is re3 as it's never had a remake either.

I finished and loved Onimusha on the switch recently if that helps.
Save frequently and using different slots and you should be fine. The difficulty regarding CVX is overblown and many consider it the true RE3. However, its not perfect, it's not nearly as ambitious as RE2 or RE3 and it has a fuckton of backtracking even by RE standards.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Not waitng for LP1, 2 and 3 to go on sale. Will gladly pay the rate and show my support.... again

I've legit lost count how many times I've bought this franchise over the years, lol

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I forgot to ask.... are Lost Planet 2's servers still running????

Both LP1 and LP2 servers are live and well. We use Xbox Live matchmaking service, so as long as Xbox remains up and running, so will the game.

Same applies to LP1CE and LP2 on Steam. It uses GFWL but still utilize Xbox Live for leaderboards, achievements, and matchmaking service. It is live and well, though it may be a bit finicky to get it running since the GFWL client hasn't been updated in years. It works though!

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Both LP1 and LP2 servers are live and well. We use Xbox Live matchmaking service, so as long as Xbox remains up and running, so will the game.

Same applies to LP1CE and LP2 on Steam. It uses GFWL but still utilize Xbox Live for leaderboards, achievements, and matchmaking service. It is live and well, though it may be a bit finicky to get it running since the GFWL client hasn't been updated in years. It works though!
Colonies is also cross platform with the PC version, if you'll want to add to that.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the post! This will take out all the guesswork for everyone who's on the fence about buying it off the Xbox store