• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
The HD version of Code Veronica has redone lighting instead of the PS2 version lighting, it makes the Lighter really stand out and its great this version isn't lost to the previous gen.
It's MT Framework, hence the better lighting, it's really odd they never ported it to PC/PS4/XO despite making a new version for it, the PS4 version is PS2 emulation.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
PS4 has the PS2 emulated version available.
XBO has the 360 'remastered' version available.

I would love to have the remastered version on PS4 as well, with the enhanced lighting and all :(
You know what that means? It's time for an ultimate comparison video of all the versions of of this game! Paging Dark1x !

How many versions are there? Off the top of my head, these are the ones I can think of:
-Sega Dreamcast (before the X version)
-PlayStation 2
-Nintendo GameCube
-PS3/360
-PS2 Classic on PS4
-360 BC on Xbox One

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
Just today me and my co-workers were talking about playing this coop, but couldn't because it wasn't BC on the XB1. Same thing happened with other game recently.
I'm starting to think they put microphones in our office...

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
Lost Planet 1 (Just the regular edition)+3 work okay on PC, but there isn't really a great place to play LP2 unless you own a last gen console as the PC version is still broken. This is incredible news and I'll pick up LP2 again sometime.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
While some CVX faithful say it's worse, I think it's the best way to play the game personally. I liked it much more than the PS2 on PS4 version.

Honestly, I think the Gamecube version via some Dolphin texture mods is the best way to play overall, but the 'remastered' version was pretty good with it's enhanced lighting. They cropped the shit out of the video files to accommodate the 16 : 9 aspect ratio which doesn't look too flattering.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Glad the HD version of code veronica lives on. I prefer it over the original versions.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can recommend Lost Planet 3. The gameplay is a bit stale and nothing like the original, but it has pretty stellar writing and characters. In case people don't know, two of the writers, Matt Sophos and Richard Gaubert, actually wrote God of War 2018 as well

Also, Capcom, pleeeeease do Asura's Wrath next :'(

Last edited:

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, Xbox ecosystem is looking more and more attractive compared to PlayStation for me. Especially with Switch now picking up many of the games that might not typically come to Xbox.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Hope y'all give LP a shot, particularly LP2 multiplayer. Personal opinion, but I think the game was ahead of its time. In some ways, it's kind of like Monster Hunter but with guns 'n 'nades.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
57B617D20A0C3814D245239CF679001D4CEA3354

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of tempted to pick up Lost Planet 1 again. Never did finish the campaign because I got too wrapped up in the PvP.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's MT Framework, hence the better lighting, it's really odd they never ported it to PC/PS4/XO despite making a new version for it, the PS4 version is PS2 emulation.

With the other MT Framework games being ported to PS4 I was really disappointed the PS4 version was just the PS2 Classics version. Such a wasted opportunity.

At least the injustice of Xbox fans not having Code Veronica on the Xbox One at all has been fixed, and it'll be the best version too.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
Looking through my ready to install list to see if I digitally own any of these already... when did KoF XIII become BC? That was one of the games I was keeping my 360 hooked up for! I completely missed it when it became backwards compat.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing.

I always regret not really getting into Lost Planet 2. And the Steam version was always broken for me when I tried it.