• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3.-LOST_front-cover_discs-1200x676.jpg

On November 15, Mondo Vinyl is releasing one of those Lost concerts on vinyl for the very first time, from a recording made at a tour stop in Dublin, Ireland. Giacchino recently hopped on the phone with Nerdist to chat about the phenomenon of the show, which is rounding the fifteenth anniversary of its premiere, and to reflect on some of the challenges, and personal and career payoffs, of working on this benchmark series.

More information within the article here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a Lost concert series?

That show had a fuckin GOD TIER soundtrack. Only Game of Thrones has potentially surpassed it.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
This is legit some of the best music composed for TV. Love the LOST soundtrack.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Sounds cool. I still remember when this guy got his career started after making the soundtrack for Medal Of Honor Frontline.

Fun fact, the submarine theme in the game is used on the soundtrack for the show, when Locke and Jack infiltrate the Others sub.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of another TV show that had such strong character themes and leitmotifs. Some of Giacchino's best work along with Star Trek.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It has been so long and Giachinno done so much stuff since then, I had to do a double take at the OP. It's like referring to John Williams as "Sugarland Express" composer, or Hans Zimmer as the "Driving Miss Daisy" composer.

Lost is still the GOAT television scores though, felt just like full movie score.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has been so long and Giachinno done so much stuff since then, I had to do a double take at the OP. It's like referring to John Williams as "Sugarland Express" composer, or Hans Zimmer as the "Driving Miss Daisy" composer.

Lost is still the GOAT television scores though, felt just like full movie score.

Lost is still Giacchino's magnum opus all these years later. The appropriate analogy would be referring to John Williams as the Star Wars composer.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I am not sure if this will be a limited pressing or not but I'd recommend not missing this at release just in case. Most Mondo record releases don't blow up in cost like some of their posters, but I do have a couple Jurassic Park and a Studio Ghibli one that are worth $200-250.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I had no clue there was a concert tour. As others have said, Lost's soundtrack is easily among the best ever made for a show.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Album is on streaming.. so much memories coming back. I def need to rewatch the show again.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
It's so nice to have this on streaming. The season albums on Spotify have this background hiss on all of the songs and it ruins it so much. These recordings are so clean. A great tracklist, too.

Last edited: