• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
www.cnn.com

Lori Loughlin sentenced to 2 months in prison in college admissions scam. Her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, got 5 months

Actress Lori Loughlin was sentenced Friday to two months in federal prison for her role in the college admissions scandal, a fate she and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, initially tried to avoid after they were charged.
The actress Lori Loughlin was sentenced to two months in prison on Friday for her role in the college admissions scandal, a fate she and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, initially tried to avoid after they were charged by federal authorities.

Loughlin was sentenced several hours after Giannulli, who faces 5 months in prison, a $250,000 fine and 250 hours of community service, according to the US Attorney for the District of Massachusetts.

The sentencing brings an end to the saga for Loughlin and Giannulli, arguably the parents with the highest profiles who admitted to paying the scheme's mastermind, William Rick Singer, $500,000 to get both their daughters into the University of Southern California.

Mossimo Giannulli was sentenced to five months in prison on Friday for his role in the college admissions scandal, just a few hours before his wife, the famed actress Lori Loughlin, was expected to learn her own fate.

Giannulli, a fashion designer, also faces two years of supervised release, a $250,000 fine and 250 hours of community service, according to the US Attorney for the District of Massachusetts. Giannulli must surrender to the US Bureau of Prisons before 2 p.m. on November 19.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaah. So this gets you 2 months but stealing hedge clippers gets you life in prison. Gotcha.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I don't really know what 2 months in prison really accomplishes? Such a short time you might as well just give them a fine.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, will she even go to jail or will they let her serve her sentence at home because of COVID?

Oct 25, 2017
And she'll be out after 3 weeks for good behavior.

Interesting story, but ultimately shows you that theres a different America rich people.

Still mad about the entire year leaving high school and starting college I had to hear my peers (at both) complain about how they just hand advantages to minorities and how it's unfair to white people.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more pissed because the government wasted time and resources for a sentence that was always gonna be a slap on the wrist than the sentence itself. The United States is a complete joke from top to bottom.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
She'll be out with time enough to film "Christmas In The Big House" for Hallmark.

There are people who only had a bag of weed and are serving twice as much.

I'm thinking there are people who only had a bag of weed are are serving a hell of a lot more than just 4 months.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This feels more like celebrity privilege than plain ol' white privilege. I'm sure a poor white person would go away for much longer for this.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
She'll be out with time enough to film "Christmas In The Big House" for Hallmark.
"She was headed back to her home town when all the sudden she was arrested for Federal crimes. Instead of being sent upstate, she's serving time at the home town prison, but there's just one problem: her childhood friend is now the Warden! Can she keep the Christmas spirit alive in even the most un-jolliest of places? Will old flames reignite, like a crackling fireplace, or burning prison sheets? Deck the cells and snuggle up for Christmas in the Big House!"

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
"She was headed back to her home town when all the sudden she was arrested for Federal crimes. Instead of being sent upstate, she's serving time at the home town prison, but there's just one problem: her childhood friend is now the Warden! Can she keep the Christmas spirit alive in even the most un-jolliest of places? Will old flames reignite, like a crackling fireplace, or burning prison sheets? Deck the cells and snuggle up for Christmas in the Big House!"

Get an agent and sell that shit!

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO!!! We already knew there would be rich white fuckery involved but picking your own prison? She is going to serve her time at the Ellen Degeneres Hip Hop Dance Prison or what?

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
I guess some justice was served which is good. I'm glad they got a little time in jail.

There are Black moms serving Multi-year sentences for registering their kids in School districts with better facilities while living in the hood.

There was no justice served. There is never any justice. An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.