• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
You've all seen the "it's such and such movie but every a character says this the movie speeds up 1.5X faster"

Well....this one takes the cake. The amount of work to do this seems immense but I'm no video editor I guess

It's dumb and useless but also amazing.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The best part of this is when it undercuts the film's more dramatic moments XD

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
share the load

...the load

....the load

i can take it for a while
lord-of-the-rings-frodo-foaming.jpg

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surely some of the steps went slightly closer to the Shire to go around a mountain or something. But I guess Sam's not an expert in geography.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
...How do people have the time, patience and commitment to do a joke like this?

It's both hilarious and impressive.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
it's impressive it's still on youtube at the very least
Based on the YouTube description it seems like there was a Two Thrones version that got taken down.

I wonder what made copyright bots catch the Two Thrones version but not Fellowship. Perhaps it's because there are longer gaps between Sam appearing in Two Thrones?

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
This is amazing. Hope we get Two Towers and Return of the King eventually. What's interesting about them is that Two Towers would be broken up by the other parts of the fellowship and the last 1/4 of RotK would just be the normal movie.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of work to do this seems immense but I'm no video editor I guess
It's actually not that hard. You would set the ins and outs of the "This is it" scene in your NLE's preview monitor.

Then you would just set a marker by pressing a key everytime Sam takes a step.

Then you would repeatedly jump to the next marker and insert the scene.

Honestly, the most time consuming thing is just watching and making sure you press that marker shortcut when Sam takes a step.

Edit: tip for any folks new to editing, markers are the best ways to cut something to a beat. Just tap out the beat and then line your edits up to them with snap on.