• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Unlocked necromancer. I'm a bit bummed by how similar the classes are to each other, and the gold cards I've seen have been pretty basic too. Looking at the encyclopedia, I've also seen like a good 80-ish percent of the content already, and I'm still in the second level.

For the price I'm extremely happy with what I got, and the first 10 hours with it were just a ton of fun, but I definitely wish it had a lot more content. Ultimately the amount of combos seems kinda small, too. With this amount of different tiles, I think maybe they should all interact with each other in at least some capacity.

But yeah, happy with it, still having fun, but it is starting to feel repetitive so I doubt I'm gonna finish the game or play it that much after this weekend.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in love with this game, can't stop playing!

Also cool it seems like they have added "Windowed x2" and "Windowed x3" modes on Steam? Maybe a recent patch? Or was it always there? I disliked both regular windowed + full screen mode so I love the option to have bigger window sizes.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in love with this game, can't stop playing!

Also cool it seems like they have added "Windowed x2" and "Windowed x3" modes on Steam? Maybe a recent patch? Or was it always there? I disliked both regular windowed + full screen mode so I love the option to have bigger window sizes.
It was there as of v1.002 or whatever the game launched at.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really digging this, very glad I picked it up. Most of the stats are pretty obvious, but I'm struggling to figure out what vampirism does. Can anyone shed light?

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really digging this, very glad I picked it up. Most of the stats are pretty obvious, but I'm struggling to figure out what vampirism does. Can anyone shed light?

The amount of health recovered from attacking enemies. You'll see green healing numbers show up on you the same time the enemy has red damage numbers from your attack. The percentage is based directly on your damage output I think (so 10% total Vampirism would heal you 7 HP when you deal 70 damage with an attack). I don't believe it includes Damage All.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Just did a loop with the Necromancer. That was pretty awesome. I think I like that class the most right now. I'm still on the first boss, lol, as I have been carefully running back before it appears to expand camp. I suppose I'm probably good enough to beat it, lol. I think I'll try with the Necromancer. Getting 4 summons going at once is some cool shit

Ceerious

Oct 27, 2017
Asian
It's hard to understand WHY I want to put down tiles. I get that you get drops from enemies, but why would I want to put Vampires rather than Spiders? What's the difference between fighting a Skeleton and fighting a Mosquito?

Some tiles have interesting interactions with each other. For example, put a Vampire tile near a village, the village will be corrputed and spawn something else.
And you should put enemies that were easier for your character to fight. Skeleton has high physical defence, Mosquito is bad for regen characters, etc.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of health recovered from attacking enemies. You'll see green healing numbers show up on you the same time the enemy has red damage numbers from your attack. The percentage is based directly on your damage output I think (so 10% total Vampirism would heal you 7 HP when you deal 70 damage with an attack). I don't believe it includes Damage All.
lifesteal (heal for a portion of damage done)
Thanks for the replies, I figured it must be something like that.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
Oh God this game. Bought it yesterday and Im at 13 hours.
I love that they don't tell you about all those interaction between tiles.
I'm now building ransacked villages next to the camp so my watchtowers help me in taking down the mobs for 3 loops.

Also swamp + vampire Hut for the lulz

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Someone said more health is always better, not really, if you can't support filling up your health on a loop around, you may want to switch to an armor with maybe some less health, but other better bonuses that help you kill faster, taking less damage, or health regen. (Obviously more health+ one of those other things is better lol, but sometimes having 4.6 regen and 800 health is better than just having 1000 health)

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just played the demo (having never really played Roguelikes before), but I made it to the first world boss in the first run and died. Had a feeling that I would since I only had like 300hp and wasn't sure how difficult he'd be, but I also wasn't sure if I should go back to camp or not and lose most of my stuff. Am I doing this right?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
i kinda wish the battles went even faster.

Yeah, the 2x speed is still pretty slow (and I think it might actually only run battles at 1x?). I'm using Cheat Engine's speed hack to get through the slow early parts and some of the longer fights faster - just sitting there, watching the game do its thing in those longer parts gets old fairly quickly.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
am i supposed to understand the inventory system for armor/weapons? it doesnt seem like you can throw anyting away and im not quite sure what happens when the inventory is full... do i want to know the answer to this or is figuring it out part of the game?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
village quests: what are they exactly

They make a single monster in an upcoming fight a "quest goal". During the fight with that monster, the loop hero will focus 100% on that monster until it's dead.

In my experience this can cost you a bunch of extra hit points in that fight.

If you win the fight and get back to the village tile, you get a resource reward.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
am i supposed to understand the inventory system for armor/weapons? it doesnt seem like you can throw anyting away and im not quite sure what happens when the inventory is full... do i want to know the answer to this or is figuring it out part of the game?
Seems like you remove equipped items when replaced with another. Whatever is left seems to go to your camp or your material sack or something.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
Seems like you remove equipped items when replaced with another. Whatever is left seems to go to your camp or your material sack or something.
what ive been doing (granted i've only played an hour) is
equip a bunch of the garbage gear before equiping the good stuff to throw it away but it sounds like i might be destroying mats by doing that

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying the dialogue, adds a lot of character to the world

what ive been doing (granted i've only played an hour) is
equip a bunch of the garbage gear before equiping the good stuff to throw it away but it sounds like i might be destroying mats by doing that

I was also doing that at first, yeah don't do that. Just let the inventory overflow

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The first part: I think so? I am not sure I mean once you get that high things just die since you are summoning so fast nothing stands a chance.
As for the 2nd part: Those are level up traits you gain after you beat the bosses. So once you level up you can select them again if RNG is willing. For example as the Necromancer if you beat a boss you can get the trait where your skeletons have a 20% chance to do a triple attack. On the next run there is a chance once you level up you can select that trait.
After you go through the bosses enough time all they will give will be resources.

I guess I have an excuse to beat each boss nine times now. Yay! :)

Last edited:

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I've got a question about the rewards for killing bosses.
Should I just go ahead and unlock all the traits to add them to the level up pool? That's always the question with these meta-progression roguelites. Is it designed with the intent that you will eventually unlock everything, even if that makes some of the better traits less likely to show up? Or will I really make the game harder in the long run by doing that?

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
When do I know I should call it and head back to camp in a run?

If you can't make it to the boss at full health or close to it, you aren't going to be able to beat the boss. You can just run away when you have spawned the boss.

I'm really trying to get like a warrior of light theme. Where you make use of chrono crystals and temporal beacons to make new day effects happen faster. Then you hope to get the warrior trait that gives you the strong opening attack for that day.

I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder how essential mountains are to warrior game plan. Might try some test runs without them to see how far i get.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you can't make it to the boss at full health or close to it, you aren't going to be able to beat the boss. You can just run away when you have spawned the boss.

I'm really trying to get like a warrior of light theme. Where you make use of chrono crystals and temporal beacons to make new day effects happen faster. Then you hope to get the warrior trait that gives you the strong opening attack for that day.

I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder how essential mountains are to warrior game plan. Might try some test runs without them to see how far i get.

Okay, good to know. So when you decide to retreat and lose certain items, do you restart the Act all over again or continue?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to know which tiles can combine into a bigger tile? And what are the rules behind this mechanic? For example I was able to create a mountain peak by combining rocks and mountains in a 3x3 square, but not a second one.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
Is there a way to know which tiles can combine into a bigger tile? And what are the rules behind this mechanic? For example I was able to create a mountain peak by combining rocks and mountains in a 3x3 square, but not a second one.
One mountain peak per run I believe. It has a higher adjacency bonus though so it's good to then surround it with rocks and mountains.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the 2x speed is still pretty slow (and I think it might actually only run battles at 1x?). I'm using Cheat Engine's speed hack to get through the slow early parts and some of the longer fights faster - just sitting there, watching the game do its thing in those longer parts gets old fairly quickly.
ooo, i need to employ this hack. i love this game, but it's a slow going one a lot of the time.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was more information on what some of the different stats and such did, and an overview of some of my tiles, i.e. how much the total of my Desert tiles are affecting the enemies.

This is the withering effect. You can see how much you've built up while in battle, in the upper right. Hover over the icon in the battle modal.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason to go for evasion when counter also dodges damage but has a chance to deal dmg back? Am i understanding it right?

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the boss rewards? It seems like I can't get a solid answer doing some research.

Are the rewards permanent enhancements? Or are they something you can unlock and then it enters the pool of traits you get when you level up? Should I be repeating bosses until I have unlocked all the rewards they have? Or just move on to the next chapter?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the boss rewards? It seems like I can't get a solid answer doing some research.

Are the rewards permanent enhancements? Or are they something you can unlock and then it enters the pool of traits you get when you level up? Should I be repeating bosses until I have unlocked all the rewards they have? Or just move on to the next chapter?
Okay, the rewards are traits that are added to your "level up deck". Once you level up you have the chance of getting those traits again. Some are really good. Some... not so good...
Also it is smart to repeat bosses just to get the resources they offer because each chapter is more difficult than the last and you want to upgrade your camp.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, the rewards are traits that are added to your "level up deck". Once you level up you have the chance of getting those traits again. Some are really good. Some... not so good...
Also it is smart to repeat bosses just to get the resources they offer because each chapter is more difficult than the last and you want to upgrade your camp.

Okay awesome, that makes sense. Thank you!

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason to go for evasion when counter also dodges damage but has a chance to deal dmg back? Am i understanding it right?

Does counter actually dodge or reduce damage? I was under the assumption that counter just does a counter attack after getting damaged. Evasion is actually dodging the hit.