• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I finally picked up Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Gonna power my way through low and high rank so I can get to my buddy Zinogre.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I just bought Dark Souls Remastered. I really need to try getting into one of these games again. I already own the other two (as well as Demon's Souls on PlayStation 3). Are any of these games considered to be more "approachable" than the others for new players?

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
I just bought Dark Souls Remastered. I really need to try getting into one of these games again. I already own the other two (as well as Demon's Souls on PlayStation 3). Are any of these games considered to be more "approachable" than the others for new players?

I'm a recent Souls player, so someone else may know, but in the last few months I've played DS:R, DS II, Bloodborne, and DS III, in that order. Whatever one you play first is going to be the most difficult, but I did find Dark Souls Remastered a very good introduction and it made me fall in love with From's games.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm a recent Souls player, so someone else may know, but in the last few months I've played DS:R, DS II, Bloodborne, and DS III, in that order. Whatever one you play first is going to be the most difficult, but I did find Dark Souls Remastered a very good introduction and it made me fall in love with From's games.
Good to know. I was figuring I'd just play them in release order, since surely the follow-up games would have more complex mechanics or something in some form, though I also wanted to be sure that they hadn't maybe improved in terms of making some less obvious stuff from the original easier to discoverable.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Definitely Dark Souls Remastered. DS2 is maybe a bit harder? DS3 and BB are a lot faster. Sekiro is even faster and more aggressive, but I've played them all except BB prior to Sekiro so I was more... acclimated to it than newcomers may be.

They're all great though!

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
With my Xbox Live about to run out, here's to hoping they put that up on sale today/tomorrow too.

Oct 31, 2017
Recore, Ori and Sunset Overdrive are 5€ each !

Not on sale, but yesterday I picked up 360's Final Fantasy XIII for 7.99 from the online store.
Its full 4k, and has best quality cinematics too (~30gb total size)
If that fills your cup, 7.99 is like being on sale :)

That's usually its price when it's on sale :D

Last edited:

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dishonored Collection for $40 is kind of tempting, but Dishonored 2 on Game Pass and the third game basically being the DLC still seems kind of expensive.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Damn, I was still waiting for Control to hit Gamepass.
Now I'm tempted to just pick it up now for just 29€...

Decisions, Decisions...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is curious about Far Cry 3 Classic (ÂŁ12) note that it's included in Far Cry 5 Gold Edition for only ÂŁ5 more.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Mentioned earlier that I picked up Forza Motorsport 7. Forgot how good this looks, and the HDR implementation is really nice. Funny though, the same bug I noticed at launch is still in there, where the Honda S2000 speedometer numbers aren't aligned properly over the backdrop. :P

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dishonored Collection for $40 is kind of tempting, but Dishonored 2 on Game Pass and the third game basically being the DLC still seems kind of expensive.
Yes, it's better that you wait. Dishonored Collection went on sale for $23 dollars during last year's Black Friday and New Year's sale.

Wish BC games went on sale more regularly. Ninja Gaiden 2 is ÂŁ25 ffs.
A lot of BC games go on sale regularly but Ninja Gaiden 2 rarely goes on sale for some reason.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Mentioned earlier that I picked up Forza Motorsport 7. Forgot how good this looks, and the HDR implementation is really nice. Funny though, the same bug I noticed at launch is still in there, where the Honda S2000 speedometer numbers aren't aligned properly over the backdrop. :P

Also recently dipped back into Forza 7 and, you're right, it's a gorgeous game. I forgot. Fully native 4K at a perfect 60 too. It's a stunning achievement, especially considering juts how much game there is in there. It's a huge, beautiful game.

Forza 8 gonna be bonkers.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Dammit MS I already have Forza Horizon 4. Throw me a bone and put FH3 on sale.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
Is the VIP pass in Forza 7 permanent now? I remember them changing it at launch and it was only valid for twenty five races; just considering what version of the game I should pick up

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

EZrGvq5X0AA9Dq_

Amazing.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Also the cheapest Resident Evil: Deluxe Origins Bundle has ever been on Xbox at $9.99. The lowest before then was $13.20 one time years ago and since then it would routinely go on sale at $15.99.

Yep - we got new prices this go around for a number of RE titles including RE7 @$9.99 where the previous low was $14.99. Also, first-ever discount for RE3@33% off ~$40 ish.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
The 360 deals are on Major Nelsons blog

majornelson.com

UPDATE: This Week’s Deals With Gold And Spotlight Sale Plus Deals Unlocked Sale - Xbox Wire

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Microsoft Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 08 June 2020. UPDATE: The Deals Unlocked Sale is going on now until 15 June with savings up to 75% (Please note: prices and availability are subject to change and may vary by region). Xbox...

Does Killer is Dead go on sale all that often? I don't feel like it does.

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Also recently dipped back into Forza 7 and, you're right, it's a gorgeous game. I forgot. Fully native 4K at a perfect 60 too. It's a stunning achievement, especially considering juts how much game there is in there. It's a huge, beautiful game.

Forza 8 gonna be bonkers.
Can't wait for the next-gen Forza Motorsport. Hopefully we will finally get proper 24-hour day/night cycle with changeable weather for true immersion.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Is Forza 7 Ultimate edition worth it at that price?

I've been waiting for a long time to grab it at a decent price

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Is Forza 7 Ultimate edition worth it at that price?

I've been waiting for a long time to grab it at a decent price

You get a ton of cars with it, so yeah I would say so. It's not essential but nice to have. Forza 7 also has a lot of free cars too. It'll be a tiny bit tedious to go through and download them all, but it's a nice way to jumpstart the game, as getting cars can be a little slow for a while.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
You get a ton of cars with it, so yeah I would say so. It's not essential but nice to have. Forza 7 also has a lot of free cars too. It'll be a tiny bit tedious to go through and download them all, but it's a nice way to jumpstart the game, as getting cars can be a little slow for a while.
Thank you!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Really weak sale for me personally. It's all the same shit that's typically on Sale with no real variety from the smaller Devs/Pubs.

Hopefully the 360 sale goes up soon.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Really weak sale for me personally. It's all the same shit that's typically on Sale with no real variety from the smaller Devs/Pubs.

Hopefully the 360 sale goes up soon.

It's up. Just very okay.

Yet again a lot more EA stuff like dragon age but no Dragon Age 2 DLC. Sigh. Even mass effect gets dlcon sale every once in a while. Dragon Age origins will sometimes randomly get like Leliana's song and that's it. Shame because the dlc is the best part of 2.

Anyway, it's on major nelson's blog.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's up. Just very okay.

Yet again a lot more EA stuff like dragon age but no Dragon Age 2 DLC. Sigh. Even mass effect gets dlcon sale every once in a while. Dragon Age origins will sometimes randomly get like Leliana's song and that's it. Shame because the dlc is the best part of 2.

Anyway, it's on major nelson's blog.

Damn, definitely a shame for a sale. At least the Cyberpunk Bundle is a good deal.