• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I used to play this quite a bit a few years ago when it launched on Steam. The online population just got a nice boost from the EGS giveaway and I thought that it deserved it's own thread for it.

The game features 32v32 large scale infantry warfare with some maps featuring helicopters. It may not be as graphically pleasing to the eye as the Frostbite games but it gets the job done imo. The most popular game modes are Supremacy, which is basically conquest from BF, and Territories which is an attack and defend mode similar to Rush.

www.epicgames.com

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Download and play Rising Storm 2: Vietnam at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Rising Storm doesn't play like battlefield, like...at all.
Still, it's a great game, a bit clunky but still great.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I think Rising Storm was a Pacific mod for Red Orchestra

then Red Orchestra 2 came out, then Rising Storm mod team got acquired or licenced or something ? to make Vietnam

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
This games a lotta fun I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to play big battle FPS but also semi realistic.

Hidant

Oct 27, 2017
Great game, although the community can be a little bit let's say... problematic with racism, homophobia, sexism and whatnot. So try to find a server where this kind of stuff is moderated.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it doesn't play like a battlefield game. If the time to kill was higher, maybe. Give it a shot though, it's free.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
There is a way to enable bots. Enable the developer console in Options, then enter

Code:
Open [mapname]?minplayers=64?maxplayers=64?time limit=1 200

e.g. Open VNTE-CuChi?minplayers=64?maxplayers=64?time limit=1 200

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I realize there's a subset that doesn't think this is similar to BF, and I understand the argument, but I personally disagree. Sure, the big vehicular warfare is missing but playing Territories has gotten the closest feeling of playing Rush from BF3 as any game yet.

Hell Let Loose, for example, has many more features from BF than RS does but even that game doesn't make me think of BF when I play it. (It actually reminds me of ARMA despite its combat being way more arcadey.)

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Love the Red Orchestra games, some of the most satisfying shooting around if you like quick ttk

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Free is free, so people definitely should try it.

But I think your average Battlefield player might not enjoy how hardcore these games are.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Best Vietnam shooter since ... Battlefield: Vietnam, I guess. I still prefer the original Rising Storm (for Red Orchestra 2), but this is a faithful follow-up very nicely adapted to the new setting.