• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Letter C

Alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2018
I think it depends on what you want. Nothing comparable to dex exists on ipad to my knowledge and to emulate anything you have to jailbreak.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I've never used iPad, are they actually good or are you just paying for the brand? Like, if you had an equal spec Android vs iPad would there be a noticeable difference in performance?

Best tablets and it ain't even close. They last for years.

Dec 4, 2017
It's sitting next to me and I love it, shits all over my Android.
Worth noting, however, that Lenovos are garbage-tier tablets. I have one so I know. Atrocious OS support (the SD 652 in mine is supposed to be Android 8-compatible, but Lenovo decided to pull support), bad hardware (octa-core SoC but all eight are shitty A-53 etc.).

As mentioned previously, the only real contenders in Android tablet space are Xiaomi (Mi Pad 4/4 Plus), Huawei (MediaPad M5/M5 Pro) and Samsung (Galaxy Tab S4). And the two Chinese ones have the issue of Father Han watching you masturbate, while Galaxy Tab is extremely expensive for the specs.

Wait until later this year. Rumor has it that Microsoft is finally ditching Intel, and will use Qualcomm's new 8cx SoC.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is this a good tablet?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers...axy-tab-a-10-5-wi-fi-32gb-ebony-black/317306/

I wont be using it for gaming or anything intensive like that, mainly just browsing the web, watching videos, maybe MS Excel/word, and using some random apps here and there.
I can get it for $290 AU.

I actually want the S4 but its really expensive, and probably feels like overkill.

If im not mistaken, i think this is the 2016 Tab A model?

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
All the android bashing is interesting. I've been looking into tablets lately and one of the best I've found is the Tab S4. Great screen, great pen/writing surface, good performance for the price point. I can't stand the lack of customizability on iOS as well.

But if I had all the money, I'd get a Surface Pro. They're so much more expensive though.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is this a good tablet?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers...axy-tab-a-10-5-wi-fi-32gb-ebony-black/317306/

I wont be using it for gaming or anything intensive like that, mainly just browsing the web, watching videos, maybe MS Excel/word, and using some random apps here and there.
I can get it for $290 AU.

I actually want the S4 but its really expensive, and probably feels like overkill.

If im not mistaken, i think this is the 2016 Tab A model?
Anyone?

Or is there a noticeable difference between that and the s4, which I would be able to get for $674 dollarydoos?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers...xy-tab-s4-10-5-wi-fi-64gb-ebony-black/317312/

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Unless you wanna edit 4K video or render Marvel movie CGI, just get a midprice Samsung and stuff a 64 gig SD card in there.

Really don't see why you need something like an iPad for everyday use.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
There's literally only two tablets to buy, Amazon Fire for dirt cheap or iPad, seriously the Android experience sucks.

I bought a Galaxy Tab S4 recently. It doesn't suck. It's quite good.

- Gorgeous screen
- Amazing battery life
- Pen is very responsive and accurate
- UI is good
- Tons of apps and games and a healthy ecosystem

Anyway, choices are limited in the tablet space. I'd say it's really just iPad vs Tab S4.

EDIT: Oh, this is an ancient thread bump.