• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The wired official Xbox headset that recently came out or like those hyperx cloud things

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just get the official wired Stereo Headset. It's great and nice and affordable. £54.99 in the UK so whatever that is in $$$

www.microsoft.com

Xbox Stereo Headset

Game loud and clear with the Xbox Stereo Headset, featuring crystal-clear chat and a lightweight, comfortable design.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arctis 1 wireless.
Wires are just annoying and maybe it is better for your kid as well.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Microsoft's official wireless Xbox headset for the following reasons:

1) Decent audio quality for an under $99 USD price point.

2) Doesn't require a USB dongle - it connects to the console directly over Xbox's proprietary WiFi Direct protocol (same low-latency wireless tech as the game controller). It'll also free up a USB port for another device.

3) It also has Bluetooth connectivity. Very useful as you can connect your cellphone, PC, etc. as your secondary source.

4) It accepts both Xbox and Bluetooth audio stream simultaneously, so you can hear both sound sources at the same time. You can also adjust volume mix between the two sources.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
For your ten year old? Just get the cheapest wired headphones at GameStop, they won't know the difference

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
$30. Mic sounds plenty fine. Sound will probably be, frankly, better than most sub-$100 headphones in general. Also, Koss's lifetime warranty is fantastic.

Want over ear instead of on ear? Get the same headphones, but buy these pads too: https://www.amazon.com/VEVER-Replac...71VXQNR9/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B071VXQNR9&th=1

shoot, these headphones sound as good if not better than some expensive headphones, let alone sub-$100. deceptively great headphones.

kids can be a bit rough though and I do think these might break easy in some way or another.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
$30. Mic sounds plenty fine. Sound will probably be, frankly, better than most sub-$100 headphones in general. Also, Koss's lifetime warranty is fantastic.

Want over ear instead of on ear? Get the same headphones, but buy these pads too: https://www.amazon.com/VEVER-Replac...71VXQNR9/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B071VXQNR9&th=1
I would not buy over-ear headphones of this build quality for a 10-year old,

Jan 18, 2021
The official wired headset was on sale a few days ago for $20 but i cant find the site where i saw the deal at. I though it was on sdickdeals but couldnt find it again