• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One of the hardest things for me to shop for is a comfy shirt, to be used for both casual in-the-house wear and also for sleeping.

But it seems 9 times out of every 10 shirt bundles I try, I run into the same problems:

1. It's itchy around the neck collar (particularly the back), sometimes down to my shoulders

2. It gets hot/stuffy

It likely has to do with the sensitivity of my skin, but I can never figure out what material works best for me, in terms of cotton vs polyester or whatever factors into it.

This is the latest batch of shirts I've tried, and I've come across the same two problems even though they're fresh out of the box. Usually I'll have the itching issue even on some verified comfy shirts that I've just washed.

So looking for some recommendations to try, either brand and/or material. And no, going shirtless or robe isn't an option.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
oh boy OP do I have the recommendation for you.

I am obsessed with stuff from this brand called 32 Degrees, which you can find at 32Degrees.com

All the "cool" or sleep stuff I imagine would treat you well. I have had similar experiences to you in the past and now I hit this brand up for a lot of stuff

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Latuza Men’s Short Sleeves and Shorts Pajama Set XL Navy at Amazon Men’s Clothing store

Buy Latuza Men’s Short Sleeves and Shorts Pajama Set XL Navy and other Sleep Sets at Amazon.com. Our wide selection is elegible for free shipping and free returns.

(not this specific item, but like the brand in general)

the material is super lightweight and thin - very stretchy but not at all scratchy. it's extremely comfortable and cool to sleep in

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Latuza Men’s Short Sleeves and Shorts Pajama Set XL Navy at Amazon Men’s Clothing store

Buy Latuza Men’s Short Sleeves and Shorts Pajama Set XL Navy and other Sleep Sets at Amazon.com. Our wide selection is elegible for free shipping and free returns.

(not this specific item, but like the brand in general)

the material is super lightweight and thin - very stretchy but not at all scratchy. it's extremely comfortable and cool to sleep in

I'm seeing a lot of sleepwear sets that have shirts and shorts included.

I don't need sleeping shorts, so when searching the shirts should I be searching for a term like "sleep" or "pajama", or just "casual shirts"?

Keep the recommendations coming, thanks.

brokenmachine

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wear the Airism shirts from Uniqlo to sleep. They're very light and breathable.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Uniqlo Airism lounge set. Been using them for sleep for a while and they've been great.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Get a solid color, no print, and wear them inside out. Then the seams are on the outside instead of against your Skin. Also works for socks.

Spanglo

Oct 29, 2017
Cozy Earth. Stupid soft and comfortable. Really expensive though, but they have coupons galore, so getting up to 50% is doable at times.

I started with a hoodie, and slept with it on for a couples months straight. Order jogger pants and crew pullover next, and was in heaven. The shit was so soft and comfortable that I started buying every time a good sale popped up, which is often. Long story short, I multiples of all the men's gear, every color, and even bought some women's PJ's cuz they looked so soft. Also broke down and bought the sheets cuz the clothes were so good. The sheets are fucking awesome.

Nov 23, 2017
First off, natural materials are way better than synthetic, so stay away from polyester crap. Organic cotton, hemp, and bamboo are incredibly soft. Also, never buy a bulk pack of anything, they will not be comfortable. Use search terms lounge wear or sleep wear to find the most useful result. They tend to be lighter woven and a little bit bigger than regular clothing sizes.

I find Dillards has a good selection of clothing that's 100% cotton. The store usually has pretty good sale prices on stuff at the end of each season. Their brand Roundtree and York is pretty good, comfortable, and cheap (when on sale).

And Gildan brand is like the cheapest of cheap mass produced. Those are the kind of shirts they use for bulk printing on. I would never put that near a list of comfortable.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Search for Night Shirts if going for more of an oversized shirt/nighty style.

Theres Oodie Sleep Tees, if dont mind that look/style, seems popular.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Why the hell would you sleep with a shirt on?
I sleep in my briefs. Feels amazing against my silk sheets. Save yourself the money and the headache, drop the shirts(and pants/shorts) if you sleep with those on too.

Nov 23, 2017
Why the hell would you sleep with a shirt on?
I sleep in my briefs. Feels amazing against my silk sheets. Save yourself the money and the headache, drop the shirts(and pants/shorts) if you sleep with those on too.
I like sleeping in a cold room, but I can't tolerate my shoulders being cold. And pulling the covers up to my chin isn't comfortable all night. So shirt it is.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i bought 3 uniqlo lounge sets in 1 size larger than i usually wear and they're super comfy (perfect for WFH when im not on camera for meetings lol)

I'd be interested in trying, but there doesn't seem to be a store in my area and Amazon doesn't seem to carry the brand.

$7 shipping isn't the end of the world, but I was hoping I could try it out through an online vendor I regularly use. Is there an equivalent on Amazon?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have the same conundrum, OP. lol

Almost all of my sleeping shirts are getting close to being unwearable because they developed larges holes in them due to me using them continuously for like a decade. One of them is now less of a shirt and more like an apron!

So yeah, I'm in the market to grab a handful of comfy home-wear to finally replace them all.