• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Coffee cups just don't do it. Ok be sipping it and putting down in my desk only to have to go like warm not too much longer after

Recommendations?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Do you want something with a lid like a thermos or just a more well insulated mug?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
You're thinking of a thermos. A good ol' fashioned thermos.

Be warned: They stay hot as fuck. Some have adjustable vents tho. Like 20$ max.

Edit* before people come in here with wildly expensive items, I reiterate, no reason to pay more than 20$ lol

Edit 2* they also keep things cold. Magic.

Volterra

Nov 4, 2017
Coffee cups just don't do it. Ok be sipping it and putting down in my desk only to have to go like warm not too much longer after

Recommendations?

Zojirushi thermoses are very good. I got one recently, and it kept my tea at undrinkable temperatures for hours. Wouldn't cool down unless I unscrewed the lid.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Zojirushi thermoses are very good. I got one recently, and it kept my tea at undrinkable temperatures for hours. Wouldn't cool down unless I unscrewed the lid.
I have one of these. I stopped using it for the same reason as you. If my coffee was too hot to drink when I got it, it would still be undrinkable an hour later.

irri

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Use a pot to steep your tea in, then transfer to the Zojirushi thermos. This does the trick unless you're filling it to the top with 208 degree tea, in which case yea, your best bet is to unscrew the lid for a little while.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Look at getting a double walled glass mug, OP.

I use mine when I make hot chocolate, and that stays hot for a long time

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
How long you all letting the coffee sit there that it goes cold?

Never had this issue in any type of cup.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Ill just echo the people saying get a Zojirushi. and yeah, beware if you put in something too hot to drink, it will be hours before it cools enough to drink, thats how good it works.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Zojirushi. Got one last year and I almost never use the top. If I use the top it will literally never get cool enough to drink. It's like magic.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
My roommate uses this. She loves it.

I'm jealous of it kinda.

WFdetWx.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile I'm looking for a coffee cup that makes coffee colder faster since I like to drink coffee and not sip a burning liquid.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeti is the way to go but they are also the definition of a first world extravagance lol

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
It's of course obnoxiously techy, but the ember is pretty awesome actually - we have a newborn at home which means we constantly have to leave our coffee or tea aside and coming back to it later at your perfect temperature (and in a mug, which I much prefer to a thermos) is a treat

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
I use a SIC cup for cold drinks, but I first tested it with coffee. After 10 hours the coffee was still lukewarm. SIC is basically like a Yeti that's already been recommended above, so anything like those will do a good job.
I also got this one for my sister as it's also one of those mugs that you can't knock over. It works really well, and will also keep it warm for longer than a regular mug.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also use one of these. That said, the charge doesn't last forever (my usage at 135 degrees has it die after about an hour) so it works best if you can keep it at the charging plate regularly, in which it'll heat indefinitely.
Yeah, I bought a second charger to keep on my desk so I hadn't considered this. You need a coaster anyway so I don't mind it much. Not the most cost-efficient solution I'm sure, but damn is it convenient.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ill just echo the people saying get a Zojirushi. and yeah, beware if you put in something too hot to drink, it will be hours before it cools enough to drink, thats how good it works.
Same! I just put a couple ice cubes in before my coffee and it's a perfect temperature for hours. I already make pretty strong coffee so it's not watered down or anything.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Contigo Autoseal travel mug is what I use. It's great. Shit stays warm for hours, they're easy to drink from, and simple to clean. All while being very affordable.

Just leave the lid off a few minutes after pouring your coffee to let it cool some...

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I can vouch that Zojirushi stuff basically freezes its contents in time somehow. If you keep it closed all day, it'll barely cool down at all.

You might want to get one of their tumblers instead, so that you don't have to worry about it not cooling down.

They are a little expensive, though. But imo they're well worth it.