• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was browsing my play history on my PS5 and goddamn do I put a lot of hours into cod, many cods had 100+ hours, outside of that games where I had 30-50h were Sony exclusives mostly. I think I need to stop buying lots of games, many of them I don't click with and sell off (thank you discs). Going through the history, I'm honestly going to be more selective in the future, so many games had less than an hour of playtime.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Anything adventure accounts for about 80% of my game time. Talking point and click, Uncharted, whatever.

After that the rest is divided amongst life sims like Stardew Valley and other sims like Civ or Cities Skylines.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mostly just play gacha games because I'm too tired to play something on PC or console, outside of FFXIV which I have scheduled nights for. I'm trying to play more regular games though because my backlog is severe

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I put a shocking amount of time into Fortnite. Its just an easy game to go back too and fuck around with.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
MLB the Show. I always wondered how much time I put into this game each year. Now that I own a PS5 I'm able to check, and yea it's my most played game by far throughout the years.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Lately its stuff like SkaterXL and Noita. The former is just a relaxing sandbox, no timers or challenges like THPS, not really a fan of timed gameplay mechanics. Descenders is another one I put a lot of time into this year.

All time its definitely plastic instrument games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Playing drums on GH: World Tour was a daily ritual for months on end. Hitman 2016 is a strong second.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
According to my tracked time it's visual novels and JRPGs I literally fell asleep while playing because I tend to play late at night. Not according to my tracked time it's stuff where I don't have time tracked, like Super Smash Bros. Melee (across multiple memory cards and PCs with emulators) and the first three Pokemon gens (across several save files, some of which I no longer have access to)

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I put a lot of time into games that have a bunch of absurdly named, color coded stuff explode from enemies when they die.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Most first party narrative games I spend 50-100 hours in as I usually replay them at least once 6 months later it so.

Other then that it's last of us factions with 947 hours

With the odd indie here and there and usually 10-15 hours on ubisoft games randomly.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Games that revolve around loot and grinding are my most played games. So over 1800 hours in Destiny 2, 320 in Genshin Impact, and around 100 for Borderlands 3/Division 2. Then I have a good amount of single player games where it's between 50-100 or so hours (Ghost of Tsushima, AC Valhalla, etc.)

NoneLikeAlex

Oct 27, 2017
1. Arcade Racers. I've put a silly amount of time into every Forza Horizon games and still play 4 a couple hours a night. I'll try any racer that comes out.

2. Loot grind games like Destiny. So addicting.

3. Any game that has the word Halo in it.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Out of all the games I have downloaded to my PS5, I have played the most The Last of Us 1 and 2 (completed both for the first time within a week) and Sackboy's Big Adventure.

Though I have a lot of others I need to get into, like Ghost of Tsushima and God of War

Historically, there is not even a contest when it comes to y most played games of all time

• Animal Crossing (GCN)
  • The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (Xbox)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
  • Virtua Tennis 4 (PC)
  • Culdcept (PS2)
  • Phantom Dust (Xbox)
  • Dragon Quest 8 (PS2)
  • Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)
We're talking over 300 hours into each of these games.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games with deep gameplay/combat.

DMC, Monster Hunter, MGSV, RE6, Streets of Rage 4, fighting games, character action etc.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm around 4,000+ hours or so of actual non-afk playtime across the Destiny franchise. By far and away the most played games, though into the late hundreds for Fortnite. Most games I enjoy a lot will typically be between 100-200.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I pretty much just play single player games to completion. So my entire library is mostly just in the 20-100 hour range. Some bigger RPGs would be above that, put around 200 hours into both Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2, and Persona 5 and Dragon Quest XI were both definitely well over 100 hours.

I don't enjoy putting 1000 hours in the same multiplayer game like others seem to.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Civilization. Dumped thousands of hours into multiple entries in the series.

Minecraft. Probably the most hours I have in a single, specific game, with a splash of the category below.

Modding. I've got thousands of hours in New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 4. Most of those hours are messing around with mods.

After that it's League of Legends, which I've got about 4,000 matches logged in, though I haven't played much in the last few years.

Another rung down from there are the other competitive online games I've played: Magic the Gathering: Arena and Street Fighter V, most prominently.

Then the MMORGPs (FFXIV, WoW, and FFXI), though I've been off that particular trolley for close to a decade at this point.

After that it's the roguelikes; nowhere near the same level as the MMOs or competitive service games, but I've still got quite a bit of time put into games like Darkest Dungeon, FTL, Hades, etc.

Next step down from there is Souls games, with NG+7 or higher in all of them but DS2.

After that? I guess probably the sprawling 40+ hour single-player RPGs, vying with high-replayability action games (DMC series, Bayonetta, Resident Evil, etc.). I usually play them to (post-)completion and a bit more on top.

Bottom of the rung, easily, is single-player narrative experience games. I played Uncharted, but I didn't played it for more than an afternoon or two.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Firstly, MMOs or service games, and then long RPGs that I replayed multiple times like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Witcher games, etc.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Looty games like Diablo 3 and Borderlands 1/2/Presequel/3. Put over 100 hours into all of those (well, not BL3 yet, but I'm sure I will eventually).

Western RPGs, especially if they have a focus on choice. I'm played through the Mass Effect trilogy many times each, and I'm close to finishing my second Witcher 3 playthrough.

Some open world games. I can't play too many one after the other because I get burnt out for a while, but I do love playing through a good open world game and getting all the collectibles or doing all the side content.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
My most played switch game is Fire Emblem: Three Houses (450+ hours...) and I'm still itching for another playthrough. It's just something about the strategy gameplay loop that is addicting to me.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
DICE shooters. Last gen I spent countless hours playing Battlefield 1 and V and Battlefront 1 and 2.
If I had to guess, probably like 60/70% of my total playtime.

Deleted member 24097

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only games I spent any significant amount on in 2020 were Animal Crossing, Tetris 99, Minecraft and Sea of Thieves.
So I guess I like I like open worlds with either sandbox or adventure elements. And Tetris.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
For 2020, it has mostly been Halo and HoI IV. I also put a lot of time into Hearthstone and MTGA, but I have no way of knowing the hours for those.

playhalo.png

Tryphosa

Dec 22, 2020
Been playing granblue fantasy way too much since the lockdowns started. Other then that still playing custom Starcraft 2 games. Don't play too much outside those usually just whatever old rpg I fancy at the time.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
I don't play online so I don't have a game that I put hundreds of hours into, but in general, it's FPS's > platformers > point and click titles.

Chadtwo

Oct 29, 2017
In the past year or so I've probably sunk the most time into CoD and Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 (between both of these I've probably sunk 300ish hours)

Trickytoon

Jan 14, 2018
FIFA, and I find that very upsetting.

Its a good way to keep in touch with friends I don't live near, but urgh. When DICE give us another Battlefield I look forward to kicking it to the curb.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I sink a lot of time into RPG's and action/adventure games, much more so than any other genre of video games nowadays. RPG's in particular are natural time sinks anyway, but I still like playing them.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Out of all the games I have downloaded to my PS5, I have played the most The Last of Us 1 and 2 (completed both for the first time within a week) and Sackboy's Big Adventure.

Though I have a lot of others I need to get into, like Ghost of Tsushima and God of War

Historically, there is not even a contest when it comes to y most played games of all time

• Animal Crossing (GCN)
  • The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (Xbox)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
  • Virtua Tennis 4 (PC)
  • Culdcept (PS2)
  • Phantom Dust (Xbox)
  • Dragon Quest 8 (PS2)
  • Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)
We're talking over 300 hours into each of these games.
I feel personally attacked.

I think the last time I booted up Morrowind, it was at 648 hrs 🤦

vgp

Oct 31, 2017
Slay the spire...and now monster train (in fact deck building roguelike)
The dark souls series
Rocket league

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Walking around I guess. Open world and RPGs.

I don't think that means it's what I like the most though

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
Games like Slay the Spire, Tales of Maj'Eyal and other stuff that can be ALT+Tabbed to background and played a bit during pauses from work and writing.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Probably Soulsbourne, those games are really infinitely replayable, and it's a joy to tinker around with different types of builds / trying to take interesting routes through the game, etc.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Open-ended games get the most time, so the likes of Rocket League, Animal Crossing, Football Manager, as I can keep going back to them for short plays over a long period of time.

After that it's the long, big world single player games that I play to completion.

I rarely replay games I've completed so any shorter single-player games wouldn't feature.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Visual Novels cuz I prefer to just read while listening to the soundtracks nowadays and it's doing exactly that