• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you approve of the change?

• Yes. Them things were probably causing back problems.

Votes: 298 29.0%
  • No. Cancel culture has run amok.

Votes: 380 37.0%
  • I respect both equally.

Votes: 350 34.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
The way I felt about Lola Bunny as an 8-year-old was a valuable formative experience and I will treasure it forever.

TuneTuneGuy

Mar 11, 2020
THEY CAME FOR HER MOMMY MILKERS?
But for real she looks more like WNBA players and I'm all in on more female sports icons for little girls to look up to.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being the artist for that Lola fan art going viral and not getting any drop of credit

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who never got into the Lola craze, I'm indifferent to the redesign.

However I find it hilarious that apparently breasts are bad now.

"Let's make her less sexualized. First remove her breasts completely, because OMG TEH BOOBIEZ, now her knees. Presto."

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Its' not like she had a boob window in her jersey. Showed the images to my daughters and they both prefer new Lola.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
LTS didn't exactly set the world on fire, so I don't see why it would become the standard going forward.

You're not wrong.

Ironically Lola's character in the show is significantly stronger and more realized, while original Space Jam Lola has something potentially but is buried deep in layers of just being Jessica Rabbit-tier fanservice.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Lola created an entire generation of furries, Sonic the Hedgehog gonna have to do something big to pick up the slack from this loss.

Rouge the Bat is returning with a solo game.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Getting some weird "tifa's breasts are smaller in the remake! this is an outrage!" vibes in this thread.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie I really want a conservative news station to pick this up. These angry grown ass men trying to make it about cancel culture but really trying to make it clear they weren't attracted to the original design would be amazing.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
So you can't be strong if you have tits?
'Space Jam' Director Reworks Lola Bunny For Reboot, From 'Sexualized' To 'Strong' (tmz.com)
The director of "Space Jam: A New Legacy" has "reworked" Lola Bunny's role for the reboot -- claiming he wasn't comfortable with the "very sexualized" way she came off in the original back in 1996.

Now that he's taken over the reins of the legendary "Space Jam" franchise, Lee wanted to make sure Lola Bunny would be a strong role model for young people.

"This is 2021," Lee told Entertainment Weekly. "It's important to reflect the authenticity of strong, capable female characters."
It seems the director was hoping to model Lola after a typical high-level female athlete -- which makes sense considering real-life WNBA superstars
Diana Taurasi and Nneka Ogwumike both have key roles in the reboot.

But yeah, go off with snap judgment based on an abbreviated TMZ headline.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I thought more people on ERA would have supported a less sexualized female character in media.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, since there's a lot of furry dunking going on in this thread, I feel that it should be stated that the furry community is far from being the sexual fetish culture 20 years of internet memes have made it out to be and that, conversely, getting turned on by an anthropomorphic cartoon animal explicitly drawn to look like an attractive human woman does not automatically make you a furry.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Everyone go to horny jail.
5f05bb5914e411d6b15633e84e8f9677.gif

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
The "woke Lola" memes spinning out of this are 100% guaranteed to be more entertaining than anything from this movie. Without Bill Murray it won't be worth watching.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I don't usually say this because people can care about multiple things at once but the world is burning. Who cares about a redesign from a mediocre 90's movie? The sequel will be bad and the original design will still exist forever.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Those two are the main changes, though. Apparently she cannot be strong if she has breasts, so lets remove them completely.
WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT A CARTOON RABBIT NOT HAVING BREASTS

Like you can't even spin this as a "actually it's the principle of the matter" type situation. She was only in the movie for like five minutes and wasn't even actual character that fit Looney Tunes. 🤷‍♂️

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Something looks off about the legs but otherwise it looks like a good redesign.

Status
Not open for further replies.