• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Only played Heavy Rain & Detroit, and enjoyed both. But for which one I'd probably call my favorite, it would be Heavy Rain.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JFC we really have people in this thread defending the sanctity of David fucking Cage?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This topic seems like it was made in bad faith, but I loved Heavy Rain and Detroit equally. They had great moments and I honestly loved the characters in both.

Wish Norman Jayden would have appeared in Detroit though, he was really likable.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Detroit, mostly for Hank and Connor doing their best to not listen to David Cage and inject some personality into their characters

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's all opinions of course , some of they are hilarious but I personally don't consider them games , more like interactive movies (and bad movies at that), let me be a little snarky :p , I am sure alot of people disagree with me on this and thats good.

Nah they're games

Oct 30, 2017
I don't mean you specifically just in general , my opinion shall remain the same 🤷‍♂️
You could have stated your opinion in a better way that we can take it more seriously and start an actual healthy discussion.

But whatever you made your statement in this way.. I simply cannot get into a discussion this way.

Peace.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being so up your own ass you make a thread calling games, "games".

What a "thread".

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
You could have stated your opinion in a better way that we can take it more seriously and start an actual healthy discussion.

But whatever you made your statement in this way.. I simply cannot get into a discussion this way.

Peace.
Fair enough, you don't need to take it seriously , its just me stating my opinion on this.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Detroit is great. I honestly think that Beyond is really underrated. I loved Ellen Page's performance and controlling Aiden made for some really interesting moments. Heavy Rain has aged much worse than Beyond even though it was met with a better critical reception.

I mean, LOL "GAMEZ"!!1

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit for sure. I think it's pretty underrated actually.

Played through it after getting it for free through Plus and was surprised what a step up it was from Beyond or Heavy Rain.

The story still has plenty of cringe and eye roll worthy moments, but the production values are the best they have ever been and Connor/Hanks dynamic is genuinely entertaining.

The various locations and environments are all pretty interesting in their own right also.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Indigo Prophecy by default, just because I was entirely done with his bullshit after that game and have no desire to play anything else.

Also the first level is good.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Is it that wrong to be snarky sometimes , people here do it all the time , but I respect your opinion :)

Making a thread literally laughing at the person you wish to discuss while being condescending about their work is way beyond snarky.... actually "beyond" is a bad word to describe it since it is actually very low and beneath a lot of people here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Making a thread literally laughing at the person you wish to discuss while being condescending about their work is way beyond snarky.... actually "beyond" is a bad word to describe it since it is actually very low and beneath a lot of people here.

David Cage lost a court case for harassment and overworking of the Quantic Dream staff.

But apparently not thinking his games are games is the line crossed.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
User Warned - Trolling
That was the purpose , I don't respect David Cage or his contributions to the video game industry, he is a piece of shit.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Most competent - Detroit
Most entertaining - Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls are neck and neck, it's tough to pick. Beyond Two Souls might edge it out due to the absurdity of such huge actors delivering such trash material.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Imagine being so up your own ass you make a thread calling games, "games".

What a "thread".

Maybe it's a bit too on the nose for some, but I think most people use it as tongue-in-cheek rather than ridiculing it. And I mean, historically, Cage has been more inclined to call his work movies rather than traditional games. :p

EB7EDF0726E349B745CAEECD542EFA97981D2F16

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
yes, Detroit's a good time.

people go off on how 'surface level' the themes are and how 'blatant' it is with what it's pushing... and that may well be true.

but, it was a genuinely engaging character drama and i loved the setting of having AI folk that aren't 'quite there' in comparison to humans, but learn to grow to become more and more like them.

i'd say i loved Kara's whole arc the most. the idea of her slowly getting to grips with the fact that her 'master' is an abusive prick, and the fact that she can truly care about another human being even beyond her orders was such an interesting dynamic.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently we're in a hurry to lionize rich scumbags who commit crimes against their workers.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Detroit is probably the best one, especially for the detective path, and that game overall is still a big sack of shit.

Yeah, Detroit is thematically wild, but it's very good technically and presentation-wise, and at least remains coherent throughout its length, without resorting to bizarre plot holes like Heavy Rain or the deus ex Mayans of Fahrenheit.

(They're all 100% games though. "Not a game" is always a lame attack)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
All of you need to play Omikron.

Nothing can prepare you for Omikron.

That the game with David Bowie in it? Because that would be the only reason I'd want to check it out.

The only Cage game ahem: "game" I've played was Heavy Rain because I thought the demo was really cool.

I thought the game got boring as hell and I just wanted it to be over when I played the real deal, though.

May 17, 2018
I've enjoyed almost all of their games to varying degrees. That's fine if you want to rag on Cage. He's problematic as fuck. I just feel bad for the rest of the team at QD when I see threads like this. Like, what was the goal in creating this thread? Is this valuable conversation?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've enjoyed almost all of their games to varying degrees. That's fine if you want to rag on Cage. He's problematic as fuck. I just feel bad for the rest of the team at QD when I see threads like this. Like, what was the goal in creating this thread? Is this valuable conversation?

This site is filled with thousands of comments ripping on all kinds of games.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
No its not valuable , just me stating my worthless opinion on him and his creations.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Indigo Prophecy

It blew my mind when I first played it. The whole idea of it, guy comes to, and suddenly it seems as if he killed someone. I got to control the suspect, and the investigator. It was amazing, and after that games that did that were cool, but not as cool because I did it before (I.E. Heavy Rain).

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
That the game with David Bowie in it? Because that would be the only reason I'd want to check it out.

The only Cage game ahem: "game" I've played was Heavy Rain because I thought the demo was really cool.

I thought the game got boring as hell and I just wanted it to be over when I played the real deal, though.
The fact that Bowie is in it seems like it would make it better but actually just makes you feel bad that he was conned into working with such garbage.

It's really bad.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Detroit is definitely the best realized. I did really enjoy playing Beyond though, mostly because it was fun playing as Ellen Page and it was balls to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.