• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Garrison was actually talking about Backloggery in regards to the mobile app/site part.
I agree that some parts of the site can be improved on mobile but I'm glad I discovered it in its current state or else Iwould have probably not gone with it

Yes, backloggd.com it works very well in a mobile browser for the most part. I was referring to https://backloggery.com when I was talking about mobile browser support. Sorry if I wasn't clear. You are right about just giving backloggd some time, which is why I chose to stick with them in the end.

Ohhhh, yeah, that makes sense now, just confused these 2 very similar names. 😅

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I wish this site had a 10 star rating system and not 5 star like Letterboxd cause I really have problems to find the right rating for many titles.
Like, realistically, if you convert the stars, a 4 stars game is only 80%, 4,5 Stars 90%, that's too vague for me, so a high amount of titles I currently add and which I liked very much are very often getting 4 or 4 1/2 and I already try to spread it out a bit but it's really hard. 😅

Currently slowly logging everything I played in the last 25 years, that will take a while, but it's super fun.
https://www.backloggd.com/u/Edge

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
This thread inspired me to make an account and I'm glad I did. I'm a list maniac and this is really fun. Helpful for keeping track of everything between launchers and platforms. Way better than the excel document I've been using. It would be great if I could rate games I've played without opening their page, just from the thumbnail.

www.backloggd.com

Backloggd | ghost_banana

Keep a virtual backlog of your video game collection, then rate and review the ones you've played to share with your friends!

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This thread inspired me to make an account and I'm glad I did. I'm a list maniac and this is really fun. Helpful for keeping track of everything between launchers and platforms. Way better than the excel document I've been using. It would be great if I could rate games I've played without opening their page, just from the thumbnail.

www.backloggd.com

Backloggd | ghost_banana

Keep a virtual backlog of your video game collection, then rate and review the ones you've played to share with your friends!
On PC you can, just hover over the game's thumbnail and options appear, you want to place the cursor on the three dots (...) and then you get instant access to the Journal page where you can rate the game

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just made an account for this as it sounds pretty cool, but do I really want to log my 8000 games I have...that is the question.
Yes you do
images

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I just made an account for this as it sounds pretty cool, but do I really want to log my 8000 games I have...that is the question.

First you'll think "no way I'm gonna do this", then you're starting to add some where you still have the dates for finishing them or platinum trophy them (or other achievements), then you start adding some favorites..... And you look back and start to add game series "Oh I played Tekken 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, also DOA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, oh and Burnout 1, 2, 3, Revenge and Paradise". And then you're locked in and can't stop. 😂

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
First you'll think "no way I'm gonna do this", then you're starting to add some where you still have the dates for finishing them or platinum trophy them (or other achievements), then you start adding some favorites..... And you look back and start to add game series "Oh I played Tekken 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, also DOA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, oh and Burnout 1, 2, 3, Revenge and Paradise". And then you're locked in and can't stop. 😂
Slippery slope example at its finest

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for a simple logging site of the games you own? Or is the rec just to use this site?

I want something that breaks down the games by the system neatly.

UltraInstinct

Nov 19, 2017
I'm wondering if there's something out there that is less manual and more automatic? Maybe something that can tell what games you've played or have in your history and builds up a timeline of the days a particular game you played, etc.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Any recommendations for a simple logging site of the games you own? Or is the rec just to use this site?

I want something that breaks down the games by the system neatly.
This site has filters but you have to apply them every time, they're not shown in a list sorted by platform which is what I suppose you want
wEKYpM9.png

I'm wondering if there's something out there that is less manual and more automatic? Maybe something that can tell what games you've played or have in your history and builds up a timeline of the days a particular game you played, etc.
According to Veeboy Grouvee has automatic steam import if that's what you'd like! I haven't looked into it but maybe you still need to do log stuff like dates yourself? For something that detailed maybe only the native apps each console offers would compare
I've been using Grouvee which will automatically list every steam game you've bought if you provide access. I actually found it kind of annoying since I'm at a point where I just don't intend to play half of my steam library, but it sounds like that would be helpful for you.

UltraInstinct

Nov 19, 2017
According to Veeboy Grouvee has automatic steam import if that's what you'd like! I haven't looked into it but maybe you still need to do log stuff like dates yourself? For something that detailed maybe only the native apps each console offers would compare

Thanks for the recommendation. I take it there's no console integration? Though as you said, I guess I could use the systems own data but I don't believe it has a timeline of when you played a game and for how long etc.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the recommendation. I take it there's no console integration? Though as you said, I guess I could use the systems own data but I don't believe it has a timeline of when you played a game and for how long etc.
And even then, you'd only have that console's data. Having it all in one place is far easier, but at least here it requires manual logging (I do it because it's fun!)

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of joining, a notepad doc of unplayed stuff is not really cutting it anymore. I'm not really into the ratings aspect, though. Is it mandatory to give one when you log a game?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
MrCafecito

I really really like how you use the list feature. 👍

IjHCbT8.png

You use it exactly how everyone on Letterboxd uses it and how it's the accepted standard there with different topics, or what you watched/played this year etc. or just funny ideas for a list like "posters with the same red color as background" It's always interesting to click through.

I wish it would be as fleshed out as on Letterboxd with public lists you can subscribe to, search for (important feature), copy, or simply monthly list contests. But the look and feel is exactly the same already and that's great. Hope they continue that.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
MrCafecito

I really really like how you use the list feature. 👍

IjHCbT8.png

You use it exactly how everyone on Letterboxd uses it and how it's the accepted standard there with different topics, or what you watched/played this year etc. or just funny ideas for a list like "posters with the same red color as background" It's always interesting to click through.

I wish it would be as fleshed out as on Letterboxd with public lists you can subscribe to, search for (important feature), copy, or simply monthly list contests. But the look and feel is exactly the same already and that's great. Hope they continue that.
Glad you liked them! List-making is also a very fun part of using the site actually, and those additions you mention would make them even more fun for sure

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Thanks for posting about this, I've started my own backloggd, and will try to get everything in there in the next couple days.

One thing I do realize though is that I have played a number of games not on the site, and it does look like a pain to get them added.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for posting about this, I've started my own backloggd, and will try to get everything in there in the next couple days.

One thing I do realize though is that I have played a number of games not on the site, and it does look like a pain to get them added.
The site grabs game info from IGDB, so if you see any missing games you could go there and add them yourself!

Jul 10, 2018
Considering starting an account on backloggd or backloggery to replace my spreadsheets but can't decide on which to use. Can anyone who has experience with both list some pros and cons of both?

Backloggd and Backloggery

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Considering starting an account on backloggd or backloggery to replace my spreadsheets but can't decide on which to use. Can anyone who has experience with both list some pros and cons of both?
From personal experience, backloggery actually isn't all that different from what my spreadsheets were. You type in each game alongside any details you want with each game yourself, add a note, and organize progress in each on a per title basis as you wish. It's just a spreadsheet that's easier to share with friends really.

Backloggd has a database they pull game information from so all you have to do is search up a game title, click journal, and have it all laid out for you. It's prettier to look at all the games you've played, you can do all of the progress checking that you can do in backloggery, you can mark when you've played games last in a calendar if that's your thing, and you can create lists of games as its own separate feature. It's an easier way to show your top games for x console, favorite soundtrack, or promote information like what was shown at E3 which was posted here earlier.

I will say that the one aspect backloggery might have over backloggd is user communication. The landing page for backloggd doesn't allow for communicating with any broader community, you can't comment on other users' profiles, and I don't think you can even DM?(correct me if I'm wrong). All of the interactions I see are people replying to each other under reviews and lists. Not sure how important this aspect is to you, I think it'd be nice for users to be able to interact more, but as it stands we just talk about stuff on our lists via twitter/discord.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
From personal experience, backloggery actually isn't all that different from what my spreadsheets were. You type in each game alongside any details you want with each game yourself, add a note, and organize progress in each on a per title basis as you wish. It's just a spreadsheet that's easier to share with friends really.

Backloggd has a database they pull game information from so all you have to do is search up a game title, click journal, and have it all laid out for you. It's prettier to look at all the games you've played, you can do all of the progress checking that you can do in backloggery, you can mark when you've played games last in a calendar if that's your thing, and you can create lists of games as its own separate feature. It's an easier way to show your top games for x console, favorite soundtrack, or promote information like what was shown at E3 which was posted here earlier.

I will say that the one aspect backloggery might have over backloggd is user communication. The landing page for backloggd doesn't allow for communicating with any broader community, you can't comment on other users' profiles, and I don't think you can even DM?(correct me if I'm wrong). All of the interactions I see are people replying to each other under reviews and lists. Not sure how important this aspect is to you, I think it'd be nice for users to be able to interact more, but as it stands we just talk about stuff on our lists via twitter/discord.
Thanks for the detailed explanation! If you don't mind I'll threadmark this post so that there's easy access to Backloggery and Backloggd differences

xewind

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I've been wanting to do this for a long time now, trying different sites like backloggery but after a couple of hours I would stop using them.

So far is different with backloggd, I began just adding PS5/PS4 games, using the psnprofiles trophy list as a guide since I saw this thread and opened an account. More than a week later and I've been adding games daily from other systems, really enjoying it so far.

Will probably take a while till I finish adding games considering I've been gaming for 29+ years lol, but backloggd truly has me hooked.

Here's my profile

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
I really like how backloggd look but i'm surprised there isn't a feature like backloggery to pick at random the next game to play in your backlog.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Actually interested in making an account for just a visual representation of my game collection since I'm more than satisfied with Backloggery for my actual backlog needs.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I went through my PS4/5 trophies, entering and putting a finish date for anything I played for any meaningful amount of time. Really put into perspective how few games I play compared to how much I've spent on them haha whoops. I've been trying to do better this year, but even then I've got like a whopping 5 completed games from the system which is awful.

Weirdly everything has defaulted to completed even though I went into the journal and differentiated completed, abandoned and shelved.

Edit: 7 actually. More than 1 a month yay?

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really like how backloggd look but i'm surprised there isn't a feature like backloggery to pick at random the next game to play in your backlog.
It's not exactly the same but you can go to your backlog and sort by random, then just choose the first one that shows up to play next!

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Any way to import games from files or other services?

I'm currently using the app My Game Collection for the same purpose but it lacks the profile feature. It's just a personal database, very well done in terms of usability, filters etc. But not very shareable with friends.

But it can export my collection into Excel files. An import option in Backloggd would make the switch easier.

Edit:
Hmm, it doesn't have an Android app. That's a minus.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I wish there would be a report button to report entry mistakes, missing platforms, missing pictures or just other not working features.

Cause as example I noticed how, when you add playtime via the journal on the calendar, the site automatically counts all your daily entries together and rightfully add up your total playtime.
But, if you added a regular playtime from before you used the journal on the log page under "more options", it doesn't add the new journal time to that. 😕

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Created an account some while ago but never got around the interface and how everything works. I'm quite bad with being creative and how to sort things and make beautiful profiles and such.

Due to missing logging and achievements on the Switch and regularly seeing my girlfriend bullet journaling I started too the analog way and re-discovered backloggery and backloggd. Because I'm on a long train journey I had the time to actively do something on those platforms.

It's actually real fun and helps me focusing on one or two games at a time and not jumping around ten different games and don't accomplish shit.

MrCafecito I sent you a friend request on backloggd because, sadly, I don't have any using that platform and because I wanted to see that kind of feature and seeing someone there playing games may help me focusing on mine as well :)

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Something about this site has stuck with more than the others and over the past weeks I've slowly actually bothered to add every game I can ever recall playing for a decent length of time. Thus working out I've played 700+ games in my lifetime give or take a few thanks to compliations or games that count as one in the database despite being on different platforms.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Any way to import games from files or other services?

I'm currently using the app My Game Collection for the same purpose but it lacks the profile feature. It's just a personal database, very well done in terms of usability, filters etc. But not very shareable with friends.

But it can export my collection into Excel files. An import option in Backloggd would make the switch easier.

Edit:
Hmm, it doesn't have an Android app. That's a minus.
Are these sites getting better than HLTB? Is there a easy way to import the data into them?
There's no import function at the moment, but the roadmap has Steam, CSV and IGDB importing (also Android and iOS apps)
I wish there would be a report button to report entry mistakes, missing platforms, missing pictures or just other not working features.

Cause as example I noticed how, when you add playtime via the journal on the calendar, the site automatically counts all your daily entries together and rightfully add up your total playtime.
But, if you added a regular playtime from before you used the journal on the log page under "more options", it doesn't add the new journal time to that. 😕
Yeah, currently the only way to report bugs is in the bug report channel of the Discord server

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Thanks for the detailed explanation! If you don't mind I'll threadmark this post so that there's easy access to Backloggery and Backloggd differences
No problem.

Also, I believe that I finally finished my list outside of ADV/VNs and games not in the system yet so I'll post mine:

www.backloggd.com

Backloggd | JosephL64

Oct 28, 2017
Have they done something to the site recently? I can't see my notes anymore. On my journal it used to list all my games played on what date as well as my note attatched to each. Now it just says what game I played. What's happened?

The notes are still there if I click on a specific game and view my journal for that game, but I can no longer just go on my overall profile page and see all my notes there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Have they done something to the site recently? I can't see my notes anymore. On my journal it used to list all my games played on what date as well as my note attatched to each. Now it just says what game I played. What's happened?

The notes are still there if I click on a specific game and view my journal for that game, but I can no longer just go on my overall profile page and see all my notes there.
You mean this page? Because I can see the notes just fine (on PC, on mobile they only appear if you click the quotation marks)
6dIDJIW.png

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
I personally use Grouvee but yes, if you are an enthusiast in any hobby I think it's really fun to make a note of the content that you consume. I do the same with books (Goodreads) and films (IMDB). It's great to scroll through the games you've played in a particular year because I know personally I often forget about smaller indie titles that I have played!