• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
tellingliescast.jpeg

In 2015, veteran game designer Sam Barlow released Her Story, an entirely FMV-based narrative adventure based around determining the truth from multiple videos of testimony. Two years later, Barlow announced he was teaming up with Annapurna Interactive for a follow-up titled Telling Lies. The spiritual sequel began filming in Los Angeles last month and is due to be completed next week.
Today, Annapurna announced the cast for Telling Lies, which includes actors from Westworld, Scrubs, and more.
  • David: Logan Marshall-Green
    • Best known for Upgrade, The Invitation, Prometheus, Quarry, Damnation
  • Ava: Alexandra Shipp
    • Best known for X-Men: Apocalypse, Love, Simon, Straight Outta Compton
  • Emma: Kerry Bishé
    • Best known for The Romanoffs, Halt and Catch Fire, Scrubs
  • Max: Angela Sarafyan
    • Best known for Westworld
Vivien Lyra Blair, who played "Girl" in the Netflix hit Bird Box, also has a speaking role in the game.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/18/cast-for-interactive-narrative-game-telling-lies-revealed

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Marshall-Green was great in Upgrade, Invitation and Quarry. Bishé likewise in Halt and Catch Fire. This is shaping up to be good.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
After The Invitation and Upgrade, LMG will no longer be referred to as 'Not Tom Hardy' in my mind.

The guy is a solid actor. I am enjoying the roles he's taking.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
That's a strong cast right there too

Annapurna is killin' it, I love all their single player games

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like those actors are really slumming if they're working with Barlow.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kerry Bishé was a tour-de-force in Halt and Catch Fire, awesome to see her in more things, and games no less!

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for anything from Barlow. I was wondering what his next project would be. Kerry was fun in Scrubs, it's gonna neat to see her in this.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Logan Marshall Green earned a lot of brownie points from me last year for Upgrade and The Invitation. He's the real deal. And I just adore Kerry Bishe from H&CF.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
After The Invitation and Upgrade, LMG will no longer be referred to as 'Not Tom Hardy' in my mind.

The guy is a solid actor. I am enjoying the roles he's taking.
Yup. He was fantastic in Upgrade, nailing a sense of panic detached from his body. I couldn't see Hardy pulling that off, especially after seeing him fail completely in Venom

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't realized it's been almost 4 years since Her Story came out, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty great cast. I guess working with Annapurna might make it easier to get in contact with great actors.