• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the best boy?

• Logan

• Dean

• Jess

• Tristan

• Other

• Who are the Gilmore Girls?

• Thor 2 Dark World

Results are only viewable after voting.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm binging Gilmore Girls (great show, one of the best anime's out there) currently, it's on Netflix.

And man, Logan is the worst boyfriend Rory has had. Dude is such a prick, I'm not sure I want to continue.

So era, what are your thoughts? Is Logan best boy? If not who is

b16c67632346c54e51749e0cd424013b.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The obvious answer is they're all bad and Rory should date me.

Seriously, though, there was a recent article about how Alexis Bledel was "the most dangerous cyber celebrity" by McAffee because when people search for her name online, they are the most likely of any celebrity search to be led to some kind of malicious website that will give you viruses. Seriously:

So I have to believe that a lot of *cough* nerds *cough* are still in love with her. Or something. I have no idea how James Cordon is second, though, someone explain that to me.

But yes, Logan is the worst.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Jess is the best and actually grows the fuck up.

Dean and Logan are cheaters and Logan had the worst influence on Rory.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Jess is the only one who matures. But it doesn't matter because Rory is insufferable.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Coffee store guy is the best. I know this thread isn't about him, but I binged the show after my wife said she liked it and he was my favorite character. Serve coffee and ignore the bullshit!

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Dean is clearly best boy. The best, dumb boy. Jess sucked so bad they had to completely rewrite his character when he came back and Logan was terrible. Also, Lane got done dirty. She deserved so much better. In my head canon she get divorced and back together with Dave.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Jess is the only one who develops over the entire run of the show...even if most of it is, annoyingly, off screen. Plus the actors easily had the best chemistry,

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Dean is clearly best boy. The best, dumb boy. Jess sucked so bad they had to completely rewrite his character when he came back and Logan was terrible. Also, Lane got done dirty. She deserved so much better. In my head canon she get divorced and back together with Dave.
Yeah Dean is so great he cheated on his wife and treated her like shit, got mad at Rory for not being ready to say "I love you" and says he likes the idea of a housewife when Rory and Lorelei are making fun of it.

The only decent thing he ever did in the show is finally get over Rory.

OP
OP
VeePs

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit is that Sam?

Gilmore girls has plenty of actors before they became famous. And yep, Sam played a character named Dean lol.

Not included in the above list:

brandon-routh-gilmore-girls-011817.jpg

Brandon Routh lol

We aren't friends anymore, sorry falcon.

The obvious answer is they're all bad and Rory should date me.

So I have to believe that a lot of *cough* nerds *cough* are still in love with her.

tenor.gif

Logan deserved better than Rory Gilmore

How dare you

Puddington

Nov 2, 2017
Rory is the true villain. She treats them all terribly.

But I'd put up with her bullshit too so who am I kidding.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dean and Stallone Jr. are both great. Logan looks like what I imagine a human punching bag to look like.

Also, that Tristan subplot went nowhere. Felt like a waste of screentime in retrospect.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Rory is arguably the worst character on the show and didn't deserve a glimmer of happiness from anyone. Insufferable in the absolute sense.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
Logan was stone-cold terrible for Rory, but she became pretty terrible herself so they kinda deserve each other. I'm glad Jess broke free and found success.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Logan was seriously the worst and the absolute beginning of the downfall for the show.

I always had a soft spot for Dean but honestly Jess is the correct choice.

I'm also #TeamPiz

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
- pilot Dean was good, but he became dumber and dumber when Jess arrived
- Jess evolution is good, one i can relate to, ans he's the only one who really changes Rory's mind. But he's far from perfect.
- on second viewing of the serie, i appreciate Logan much more for who he is, but still, i dont think he's a good fit for Rory.

- lastly: the girl(s) herself, again after watching the show a second time, it because clear that i hate a part of Rory, Lorelai and sookie. Goddamn sookie was freaking annoying, and while Lorelai grew up a lot in the show, her childish act was getting on my nerve a second time. And Rory, i used to think she was the perfect child but oh no, she isn't. Tho, watching her be intelligent, smart, read books, im kind of looking for a woman like that

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's interesting that Jess was sort of positioned as the "Christopher" for Rory (the bad boy the girl can't shake), but ended the series as the Luke. Grew up, settled down, was an all around good supportive dude. Logan was a prick all the way through, and not the fun kind of prick either. Dean was cartoonishly "good first boyfriend" until he became a weird, stupid possessive idiot.

Clearly the answer is Jess.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at Jess. Yeah I was 17 and hopelessly into the misanthropic hipster character too, but I've grown up since then. Now he just seems childish. But he's fun to watch.

The best is Logan though. Not best as in 'I would like him for a friend', but the best character for the show. Smart talker, intellectually challenging Rory, taking her to new places -- ultimately showing that he's not good enough for her and really is a spoiled brat, but what a ride.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Luke is the only good man on the show. All three boyfriends suck and Rory sucks worst of all

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at Jess. Yeah I was 17 and hopelessly into the misanthropic hipster character too, but I've grown up since then. Now he just seems childish. But he's fun to watch.
but he actually grows up somewhat and to be fair he basically was a child.

logan is one of the worst dressed characters on tv of all time.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I'm rewatching the show on Netflix, btw, for about the third-fourth time. It's only semented it as one of my favorite shows of all time. Just too good.

Jan 2, 2018
I can't believe this poll. Logan is obviously the best of the three! The chemistry between those two was great!
Also loved them in A Year in the Live.

Also: Gilmore Girls is my favourite TV show of all time, I rewatch it at least once every single year.