• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FILE_ID.DIZ

Banned
Jun 1, 2019
Fort Wayne
The Beltway is once again normalizing the shaming of free speech. Everything old is new again. They did this every time someone spoke out against Dubya, now they're doing it for Skidmark.

Funny how they spent eight years being not at all concerned about respect for the presidency in between these. I'm sure there's a reason why they didn't, but I can't qwhite put my finger on it...

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
He got booed on live TV. It's his nightmare.
He originally wasn't planning on going to the games at all, but he 100% went because he got the news about the Isis leader's death and all his "yes men" agreed that "he should go to hear everyone cheering for him."

Everyone booing his ass was about the biggest slap in the face this sack of shit could have gotten and you know he's fucking stewing about it right now, sitting in front of his walls of televisions as people report how much the majority hates him.
You're right. I keep forgetting that just like everything else with him, he's just a fake narcissist.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
"I was saying Boo-urns..."

2IhagaK.png

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I've ever seen a ratio as bad as that Morning Joe tweet. Rightly so.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Weird take from Joe Scarborough considering how relentless he's been clowning Trump last year or so. They've gone pretty low on that show and he thinks this is inappropriate?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's not exactly dumb rhetoric when applied to an actual criminal who *should* be locked up...
Yep. The dude is a white nationalist, sexual assaulter who's addicted to breaking the law and crossing ethical boundaries. Also using Trump's own dumbass rhetoric to embarass him on the national stage will cut him deep, he's a shallow idiot.

Weird take from Joe Scarborough considering how relentless he's been clowning Trump last year or so. They've gone pretty low on that show and he thinks this is inappropriate?
"It's only okay when we do it"

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Litterally cannot take a win. Even in this instance they have to come out and remind us that Democrat politicians suck too.
Like I get that Democratic politicians don't wanna endorse the lock him up shit because technically you can follow it to endorsing jailing opponents without a fair trial but I mean holy shit this dude has done enough terrible things out in the open that he deserves to be in jail. And even then, at least take a better response then "oh well this garbage piece of shit who our base hates still deserves respect just because of his position"

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck offffffff

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
American media are so obsessed with both sides. I even see it in simple YT shows or podcasts, hosts are so nervous about upsetting any viewers, they just come across as weak willed spineless fools.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
And even as far as the reputation thing goes....I think people in other parts of the world would think less of us if all they saw was us politely applauding Trump no matter what.

There's a difference between booing (which very much gets the point of Trump's disapproval across to the rest of the world as it should) and shouting "lock him up", which is an expression of mob mentality and which is, indeed, not really something you'd want any crowd (liberal or conservative) to be shouting.

And I say this as someone who's very much hoping that 1) Trump loses in 2020, 2) gets indicted for the various crimes his office is currently shielding him from, 3) gets found guilty in a trial and then 4) gets to spend some time lounging in a real (non-Trump owned) federal hotel. (especially since he's been openly rubbing in everyone's faces about how he can openly break the law without getting prosecuted for it) But in a society that values the law, in order for step 4 to occur, step 2 and 3 need to take place and they're not optional. I get that "Lock him/her up" is a catchier slogan to shout than "indict him/her" or "put him/her on trial", but it also carries the subtext that whoever shouts it doesn't care about those preceeding steps and just wants some quick wild west justice. Which makes it kind of an unsavory chant no matter if Hillary or Trump's the target.

If Trump loses, the next Democratic president might have to determine whether to proceed with the socially disruptive process of allowing the next Attorney General to bring criminal charges against his/her predecessor. Pelosi and Schiff are taking great pains to approach the impeachment inquiry with a narrative of "We're gonna dig up the facts, see where they take us and act accordingly and we're not gonna determine guilt beforehand" (despite the fact they both know Trump's guilty) rather than going with "We're gonna throw this mofo out" because they recognize the importance of due process. For the same reason, Trump's successor will have more room to pursue charges against Trump if the liberal base doesn't make a habit of shouting "lock him up" at every rally from now up to november 2020.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
There's a difference between booing (which very much gets the point of Trump's disapproval across to the rest of the world as it should) and shouting "lock him up", which is an expression of mob mentality and which is, indeed, not really something you'd want any crowd (liberal or conservative) to be shouting.

And I say this as someone who's very much hoping that Trump loses in 2020, gets indicted for the various crimes his office is currently shielding him from, gets found guilty in a trial and then gets to spend some time lounging in a real federal hotel. (especially since he's been openly rubbing in everyone's faces about how he can openly break the law without getting prosecuted for it) But in a society that values the law, in order for step 4 to take occur, step 2 and 3 need to take place and they're not optional. I get that "Lock him/her up" is a catchier slogan to shout than "indict him/her" or "put him/her on trial", but it also carries the subtext that whoever shouts it doesn't care about those preceeding steps and just wants some quick wild west justice. Which makes it kind of an unsavory chant no matter if Hillary or Trump's the target.

If Trump loses, the next Democratic president might have to determine whether to proceed with the socially disruptive process of allowing the next Attorney General to bring criminal charges against his/her predecessor. Pelosi and Schiff are taking great pains to approach the impeachment inquiry with a narrative of "We're gonna dig up the facts, see where they take us and act accordingly" rather than going with "We're gonna throw this mofo out" because they recognize the importance of due process. For the same reason, Trump's successor will have more room to pursue charges against Trump is the liberal base doesn't make a habit of shouting "lock him up" at every rally from now up to november 2020.
Trump is dangerous and deserves to be treated as such from common citizens.

Furthermore, the only implication this has politically is that more people are becoming fed up with his criminal antics. Which is what democrats should takeaway from this but instead they'll tsk tsk that people are venting anger at an absurdly terrible person.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

And I say this as someone who's very much hoping that 1) Trump loses in 2020, 2) gets indicted for the various crimes his office is currently shielding him from, 3) gets found guilty in a trial and then 4) gets to spend some time lounging in a real (non-Trump owned) federal hotel. (especially since he's been openly rubbing in everyone's faces about how he can openly break the law without getting prosecuted for it) But in a society that values the law, in order for step 4 to occur, step 2 and 3 need to take place and they're not optional. I get that "Lock him/her up" is a catchier slogan to shout than "indict him/her" or "put him/her on trial", but it also carries the subtext that whoever shouts it doesn't care about those preceeding steps and just wants some quick wild west justice. Which makes it kind of an unsavory chant no matter if Hillary or Trump's the target.

If Trump loses, the next Democratic president might have to determine whether to proceed with the socially disruptive process of allowing the next Attorney General to bring criminal charges against his/her predecessor. Pelosi and Schiff are taking great pains to approach the impeachment inquiry with a narrative of "We're gonna dig up the facts, see where they take us and act accordingly" rather than going with "We're gonna throw this mofo out" because they recognize the importance of due process. For the same reason, Trump's successor will have more room to pursue charges against Trump is the liberal base doesn't make a habit of shouting "lock him up" at every rally from now up to november 2020.

Lock him up!

And by that I mean DJT should die in prison for the criminal acts he's committed while serving as the POTUS.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's not rhetoric, he's a criminal and he should be locked up. When the Trump sheep yelled lock her up about Hillary for years and nothing came of it that was empty rhetoric. This is an actual criminal president and should be locked up. Because of our shit justice system he can't be indicted while president and he won't be impeached by Republicans because they only care about primaries not about crimes.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Furthermore, the only implication this has politically is that more people are becoming fed up with his criminal antics. Which is what democrats should takeaway from this but instead they'll tsk tsk that people are venting anger at an absurdly terrible person.
Exactly. Dude has been accused of sexually harassing something like over 40 women now? He should be locked up he's a threat to others. Unless people want to say those women were lying.

That doesn't even touch up on his unhinged behavior, what he did to the Kurds or kids in cages.

But, heaven forbid people throw back at him the exact same chant he let flourish and encourged towards his political rival to help him win the election.

If people feel like chatting lock him up, it's because of what the President himself has done. Or as Roosevelt said "oppose him to the exact extent".
"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else"

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
American media are so obsessed with both sides. I even see it in simple YT shows or podcasts, hosts are so nervous about upsetting any viewers, they just come across as weak willed spineless fools.

Not all Americans. The right isn't ever talking about both sides. Ever. That's why they win elections because their supporters are constantly told they are in a civil war with evil gay abortionists who are taking America to hell.

Edit: Meanwhile liberal voters and liberal leaning people are told to simmer down, it's not so bad, the president isn't actually evil despite many crimes committed and getting away with it.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
And even as far as the reputation thing goes....I think people in other parts of the world would think less of us if all they saw was us politely applauding Trump no matter what.

YUP. From talking to exchange students at my college I can tell you that some of them think americans have no balls. In a just world we'd be marching in the streets, but DISRUPTIVELY, over this president.

Erpy

May 31, 2018

Do you believe that the US should be a country where even someone as odious and corrupt as Trump would deserve a trial? If so, then we probably agree on the rest as well.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Do you believe that the US should be a country where even someone as odious and corrupt as Trump would deserve a trial? If so, then we probably agree on the rest as well.
Well "arrest him and put him on trial" isn't as effective or easy to chant as "lock him up". There is a point there. Never mind that it's really just a mimic of "lock her up" which the President himself has used and encouraged for the arresting of his political rivals.

Shrug. The only person that embarrasses the country here is the man that started that trend in the first place. The President of the United States.

Nobody else can possibly go lower than the President, especially not random people chanting in a crowd. Personally I think the booing is more effective, but, the people feel how they feel thanks to Trump.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, even on here people from outside the US are chiming in constantly telling us we're a bunch of cowards for not storming the white house and dragging Trump out by his traitorous neck.

Now people finally get a chance to let the fucker know what they think of him outside his curated rallies and we're gonna start hand-wringing over a fucking chant?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You can always count on the "civility" brigade to ruin a brief moment of collective catharsis.

It's why after the first White House Correspondents' Dinner during Donald's presidency, the WHCA won't hire a comedian for a segment that has been traditionally used to roast the WH and the press.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
The office of President DOES deserve respect.

People are booing him because he doesn't respect it. He's a criminal. Fuck him. Lock him up.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

If Trump loses, the next Democratic president might have to determine whether to proceed with the socially disruptive process of allowing the next Attorney General to bring criminal charges against his/her predecessor. Pelosi and Schiff are taking great pains to approach the impeachment inquiry with a narrative of "We're gonna dig up the facts, see where they take us and act accordingly and we're not gonna determine guilt beforehand" (despite the fact they both know Trump's guilty) rather than going with "We're gonna throw this mofo out" because they recognize the importance of due process. For the same reason, Trump's successor will have more room to pursue charges against Trump if the liberal base doesn't make a habit of shouting "lock him up" at every rally from now up to november 2020.

trump is literally a criminal who should be locked up

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
This is the typical mentality of Trump and GOP voters. "As long as 35% of the country is happy everyone else can get fucked."

They have zero interest in governing with the entire country in mind, only to please the base.
They've deluded themselves to think "Middle America" only consists of Straight White Repbulicans, especially Straight White Repbulican Men. There are a LOT of PoC that live in Middle America. It's similar when they through around "working class" to represent ONLY white men when PoC and women are a BIG part of the "working class" too. Times are changing, and THEY are AFRAID.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

You're missing the entire context that this is a man that still leads "lock her up" chants (and now seems to have started "lock him up" chants for Biden).

It's not an expression of mob mentality. It's throwing his own fucking words back at him and trying to express we think he is the criminal. And he is.

This isn't just some random fucking guy, and this isn't some random president who's just unpopular.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Liberals and media always have to be pussies don't they. "The president deserves respect"

like fuck you.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It's multiple things.

For some normal folks claiming "decorum", They don't want to rock the boat too much. Just a little tap every now and then. Rocking the boat brings uncertainty and risk of a collapse, which terrifies them. Some people are content with what they know. And in this case, the devil that feeds them.

As for the media, shit like this stirs up ratings for them. Remember when Michelle Wolf called them out on this and they lost their fucking minds? Ain't no one surprised by their both sides fuckery.

And for idiots like Joe, he's rich. At the end it's the rich and famous wanting to keep the status quo. They like to clown on Trump to a point, but when the poor folks do it? Nah peasants. Settle down.

thats my take as well. You can't rock it, status quo must be the same because I benefit from it, or I don't want to be bothered by change, because I benefit from it.

Also,

Thoughts & Prayers for your home in brentwood...

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For a teetotaler , he certainly got a lot of boos last night.

Can't take credit for that one. Lol.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
after all the bile that has spewed from his mouth all these months....people still calling to respect this man? wtf