• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to hear the argument against packing the court at this point.

Four more seats for President Barron Trump to fill in 2052.

I don't feel the solution here is to add more seats to the court, but to put some real Checks and Balances on its power, and the Federal courts in general - More mechanisms to remove crooked judges, no more life-time appointments, moving Confirmation power from the Senate to the House.

Packing the court is a dangerous game, and has a high risk of creating a problem of Serial Escalation if it become a norm to increase the size of the court whenever you have a Supermajority to negate the other party's appointments. Mark my words if the court's size is increased, it will be wielded against us inevitably.

The real problem if you ask me is the very existence of an institution with "Supreme" power that isn't beholden to The People. The past four years have been the single greatest argument for severely limiting the power of the Executive and Judicial and moving their authority back into the wheelhouse of the Legislative branch, preferably the House, with the Senate's power being as minimized as possible - Far too many Rotten Boroughs for the Senate to be a legitimate institution anymore.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
People are always talking about how they'll celebrate the day Trump finally croaks. For me, it's this decrepit scumfuck.

Feb 6, 2019
I'm starting to think maybe America deserves what Trump is doing to it. Maybe we need to fail horribly and suffer so certain large amounts of the country will finally learn their lesson and cut the anti-intellectualism, nationalism, racism shit out.

Last edited:

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
McConnell is the fucking Antichrist. I can't wait until he's dead. I'm going to strip nekkid and howl at the moon wherever I am when I hear the news.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to stop this? Like anyway at all for the dems to stop this till January? ANYTHING???

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I don't feel the solution here is to add more seats to the court, but to put some real Checks and Balances on its power, and the Federal courts in general - More mechanisms to remove crooked judges, no more life-time appointments, moving Confirmation power from the Senate to the House.
good luck.

Counterpoint: none of that will happen and our nation is on life support.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Wow, he could have at least waited for a couple days before announcing this non-surprise. Instead, he probably started hammering out his statement the second she took her final breath.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Not even in her dying wish does this soulless man find even a shred of humanity. Neither he nor Trump could wait even 24 hours to begin the process of trying to trample everything she stood for.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to stop this? Like anyway at all for the dems to stop this till January? ANYTHING???
I mean, the optics for one, are really horrible. Not that McConnell cares. This is the time for the Dems to fight tooth and nail and message this so fucking hard at just how fucking cold this is.

It's going to take a number of Republican Senators to break away, which likely won't happen.

If the Dems get all three branches, then three things need to happen:

1. Kill the filibuster
2. Expand the SC by a vote on the Senate floor without the filibuster
3. Expand States (DC and Puerto Rico), which gives more electoral votes

The time for games are over. 2016 was when it needed to happen, but now is the time to fight like hell.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
Losing Senate is biggest mistake American people ever made.

Mitch turtle fuck is the biggest shameless shit stain that won't ever be rub off unless America actually bring back the guillotine for his head.

Also people somehow still have hope that GOP gonna do the right thing are lying to themselves.

GOP currently have one of the best chance to shape the country to their liking till another of their judge drop dead. They won't fucking miss that chance. Remember, they are so fucking shameless they ram a rapist into the Whitehouse, and another rapist into the fucking Supreme Court. They will do anything to win.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats should be blasting RBGs last words to not replace her till after inauguration, EVERYWHERE.

If popular opinion switches, at risk republicans like Collins will likely not support.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the optics for one, are really horrible. Not that McConnell cares. This is the time for the Dems to fight tooth and nail and message this so fucking hard at just how fucking cold this is.

It's going to take a number of Republican Senators to break away, which likely won't happen.

If the Dems get all three branches, then three things need to happen:

1. Kill the filibuster
2. Expand the SC by a vote on the Senate floor without the filibuster
3. Expand States (DC and Puerto Rico), which gives more electoral votes

The time for games are over. 2016 was when it needed to happen, but now is the time to fight like hell.

I wish Dems were as ruthless as republicans. If they gain a full majority, all of the above will be easy to do. But they won't do it. To "heal the nation".

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Lamar Alexander
Lisa Murkowski
Chuck Grassley

Have all stated they will vote No. We just need one more. Keep hope alive guys.

In other words, McConnell allows exactly as many vulnerable Senators as he can afford to lose while still passing his bill to dissent so as to preserve his majority.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to think maybe America deserves what Trump is doing to it. Maybe we need to fail horribly and suffer so certain large amounts of the country will finally learn their lesson and cut the anti-intellectualism, nationalism, racism shit out.

It's a reasonable reaction but the problem is that the institutions and checks and balances will be so corrupted and eroded at that point that there would be no way to dig yourselves out of it, regardless of how bad you want to.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I think the smarter R Senators are considering the risk/reward here. If they pull the trigger on this and the Dems take it all in 2020 - Rs know that the dems will go fuckin ballistic on them.

If they do it and get to keep either the Senate or Presidency they basically get away with tipping the court very much their way for 10~20 years.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Unreal smh he shouldn't be talking about a nomination this soon disgusting piece of trash that party has to be voted out immediately

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have a point. They will loose some seats over this action.

Then again, will they? With this kind of power there truly is no accountability.

As long as Dems don't let republicans to get away with the propaganda over this.

- What happened with Scalia
- Mitch's words then vs now
- RBG's last words
- RBG's liberal record vs conservative judges

All of this looks really bad and general public with side with dems IF dems can make their case clearly and loudly. RBG's final words should be on all major dem social media at this point.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stop deluding yourselves thinking GOP will grow a spine and do the right thing. They fucking love Trump and all their wet dreams like overturning Roe v. Wade are going to become a reality. This is exactly what they want and are just salivating at having another SC justice.

At this point just voting won't help. We're beyond fucked.