• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
As always these assholes have it backwards

Representative Liz Cheney, the No. 3 House Republican, is facing calls to resign from leadership after she said she would vote to impeach President Donald Trump.

Three members of her party say Cheney should be ousted from her role as Republican conference chair after she said Trump was responsible for inciting the violent mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last week.

Representative Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican and member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, said he's pushing for House Republicans to strip her of her leadership duties. Representatives Matt Rosendale of Montana and Andy Biggs of Arizona have also called for her to step down. Cheney, of Wyoming, was re-elected to the job without objection and without a roll-call vote late last year.

"The conference ought to vote on that," Jordan told reporters on Wednesday. "I think she's wrong."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Long term play that'll work out for her imo. Otherwise the GOP won't be viable so it won't matter. Only way they retain viability is to purge Trump and appeal more to Hispanic voters to keep states like AZ, FL, and TX as OH and PA drift right.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Long term play that'll work out for her imo. Otherwise the GOP won't be viable so it won't matter. Only way they retain viability is to purge Trump and appeal more to Hispanic voters to keep states like AZ, FL, and TX as OH and PA drift right.

Im confused for all of them. Best way to serve their God is to move past this and prep his post Prez career and run in 2024. Cheney's seat is safe as fuck, all you're doing is making more enemies of the GOP establishment. Tone down the crazy*, obstruct obstruct obstruct, and prep for the return of your messiah.

*obviously I typed this out realizing the crazy is the whole point. Kinda sucks that leftists got stuck with the stereotypical 'anarchist' image of chaos because whew...Trumper's got it on lock.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
I would love to send a message like "Republicans want Cheney to resign, but Democrats disagree" back in time to 2004 :) I'm going to have to stop posting these because it feels like every day some insane message comes up.

anamika

May 18, 2018
Representatives Matt Rosendale of Montana and Andy Biggs of Arizona have also called for her to step down
Isn't this the guy who schemed with Ali Alexander to set up the march to the Capitol? Why is no republican calling for him to step down?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
She's Dick Cheney's daughter in a very safe wyoming seat. Maybe MAGA will primary her and succeed but I don't think she's going anywhere in the near term. House rep isn't the most glamorous job and she had tried to run for Senate before so maybe she'll vacate her seat that way

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Well, the thing is supposedly most of the caucus still likes her, and its only a few of the loud Trumpers thumping their chests.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
The few republicans who are actually trying to hold Trump accountable will, long term, be in a better position if they want to continue in politics. I don't know if it's 4 years from now or 12 years from now, but at some point I think having a backbone and character - even if it wasn't nearly enough - will be a badge of honor for them. Granted I don't feel like they deserve praise for doing the bare minimum at least once (maybe they've made other breaks from the GOP previously), but I'll take what I can get.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So, can she just become a Democrat then?

I think the GOP wont recover from Trump for a long time. Keep trying to appeal to that insane ass base....good luck. It has to be that because sane ppl wouldnt object to the 2020 election, and wouldnt say Trump isnt the blame for inciting the riot on the 6th. At a minimum Trump, Rudy, Hawley and Cruz.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's a representative for Wyoming so if she becomes a Democrat she loses her seat next election.

Yup.

She is a Republican with conservative views. That hasn't changed. She just happens to be showing a bit of integrity, since she's smarter than the average MAGA chud.

You also can't just jump party affiliation like that. Flip flopping is almost always political suicide. She'd lose her support.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
They did the same thing to Justin Amash, but unlike him, I don't think she'll fold. She actually has a reliable constituency.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

She is a Republican with conservative views. That hasn't changed. She just happens to be showing a bit of integrity, since she's smarter than the average MAGA chud.

You also can't just jump party affiliation like that. Flip flopping is almost always political suicide. She'd lose her support.

She also has been around long enough that she doesn't need votes from hardcore and insane Trump supporters. Many of the newer GOP reps rely real hard on the Trump voters, not the republican voters, so they feel immediately threatened. These are reps that will do anything to stay in power, even if it means bending the knee to the worst of the worst and even joining them.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Said it before but just so happy to no longer be hearing about Dems in disarray.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Idk they did relatively well with Hispanic voters this time around just by flooding them with propaganda. I'm not sure where this "the GOP isn't viable if they keep Trump around" thing is coming from cause they demonstrably are. There's been no resounding rebuke of the party. Elections and the balance of power are being decided by thin margins as always.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
She ain't resigning her post, and she's going to be future minority leader (potential Speaker). She's positioned herself as the inevitable future leader of the House GOP, especially if Trumpism delivers more stinging losses.

Last edited:

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Idk they did relatively well with Hispanic voters this time around just by flooding them with propaganda. I'm not sure where this "the GOP isn't viable if they keep Trump around" thing is coming from cause they demonstrably are. There's been no resounding rebuke of the party. Elections and the balance of power are being decided by thin margins as always.
Trump has lost them elections consistently since his election, but we shouldn't kid ourselves that removing him is a winning move by the GOP. His approval among republicans is still incredibly high.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
She ain't resigning her post, and she's going to be future minority leader (potential Speaker). She's positioned herself as the inevitably future leader of the House GOP, especially if Trumpism delivers more stinging losses.
bingo. She is betting that Trump and Trumpers leave the party, or die out. She wants to be there to rebuild the party in her (and daddy's) image of what she believes it should be.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

The Trump name is toxic now. There's no good reason to hold onto it for them.

She ain't resigning her post, and she's going to be future minority leader (potential Speaker). She's positioned herself as the inevitably future leader of the House GOP, especially if Trumpism delivers more stinging losses.

This. If the GOP keeps trying to hang onto Trump, they'll continue losing.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If there's any further doubt that Cheney is positioning herself as future minority/majority/speaker of the House GOP, a story that flew under the radar this summer amidst COVID, social justice protests, Trump's dysfunctional government, and the 2020 election, was that Cheney turned down an opportunity to run for Senate in Wyoming in late 2019, early 2020.

Wyomings former GOP senator, Mike Enzi, announced his retirement and it was Cheney's to take. The Trump caucus in the House (95% of the House GOP) encouraged her to run because they didn't want her there anymore. She would have been senator, but she turned it down, and Lummis ran (and won easily) in her place. In the GOP, becoming a freshman/junior senator is not the next step to the White House like it is in the Democratic party, it's a leadership reset for your career.

www.npr.org

Liz Cheney's Choice: House Or Senate?

The Wyoming Republican is deciding between running for the Senate in 2020, or staying in the House where she has a chance to climb the leadership ladder.

Don't let her disloyalty to Trump fool you. Cheney is an opponent of gay marriage, a frequent critic of the two Muslims in the senate as being anti-semitic, and still defends torture practices that her father helped construct during the Bush Administration. While she's spoken out against racists in the GOP, telling the Republican's favorite racist Steve King to find new work, taking aim at Matt Gaetz, going after Jim Jordan, she's as driven as her father was for political power, which she'll wield as party leader of her caucus.

www.nytimes.com

Republicans Heap Criticism on Liz Cheney, Calling Her Disloyal to Trump (Published 2020)

In an extraordinary intraparty airing of grievances, House Republicans lashed out at their third-ranking leader, who has sometimes broken with the president but until now escaped the ire of his closest allies.

Steel yourself because one day she'll be leader of the House GOP, or I'll eat my hat. I'll take her over any of the Trump cultists, but she's the most shrewd and effective politician in the House. She's in a locked seat in Wyoming, having beaten back a Trumpist challenger this spring, and she's much more effective at grasping and holding power than McCarthy.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
If there's any further doubt that Cheney is positioning herself as future minority/majority/speaker of the House GOP, a story that flew under the radar this summer amidst COVID, social justice protests, Trump's dysfunctional government, and the 2020 election, was that Cheney turned down an opportunity to run for Senate in Wyoming in late 2019, early 2020.

Wyomings former GOP senator, Mike Enzi, announced his retirement and it was Cheney's to take. The Trump caucus in the House (95% of the House GOP) encouraged her to run because they didn't want her there anymore. She would have been senator, but she turned it down, and Lummis ran (and won easily) in her place. In the GOP, becoming a freshman/junior senator is not the next step to the White House like it is in the Democratic party, it's a leadership reset for your career.

www.npr.org

Liz Cheney's Choice: House Or Senate?

The Wyoming Republican is deciding between running for the Senate in 2020, or staying in the House where she has a chance to climb the leadership ladder.

Don't let her disloyalty to Trump fool you. Cheney is an opponent of gay marriage, a frequent critic of the two Muslims in the senate as being anti-semitic, and still defends torture practices that her father helped construct during the Bush Administration. While she's spoken out against racists in the GOP, telling the Republican's favorite racist Steve King to find new work, taking aim at Matt Gaetz, going after Jim Jordan, she's as driven as her father was for political power, which she'll wield as party leader of her caucus.

www.nytimes.com

Republicans Heap Criticism on Liz Cheney, Calling Her Disloyal to Trump (Published 2020)

In an extraordinary intraparty airing of grievances, House Republicans lashed out at their third-ranking leader, who has sometimes broken with the president but until now escaped the ire of his closest allies.

Steel yourself because one day she'll be leader of the House GOP, or I'll eat my hat. I'll take her over any of the Trump cultists, but she's the most shrewd and effective politician in the House. She's in a locked seat in Wyoming, having beaten back a Trumpist challenger this spring, and she's much more effective at grasping and holding power than McCarthy.

All of this. I'll be in favor of anything that drags her down, even if this effort ultimately fails.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
It is kind of amusing coming from the Snowflake Party that loves to yell anyone with a different viewpoint gets censored.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell the GOP is a fucking cesspool when I find myself running to Autie Liz' warm embrace, from the likes of Lauren Boebert, Margerie Taylor Green, and Matt Gaetz.

I'd honestly rather take those other options than Liz, since they will continue to fight and pull the party to pieces. Liz is the LAST person I want in charge of the House GOP as she's actually somewhat competent. Someone who can actually move the party past Trump. We need a party on the "US political right" but I want the Republican Party and its ideology to die and crumble. Liz would be the worst person to achieve that.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly rather take those other options than Liz, since they will continue to fight and pull the party to pieces. Liz is the LAST person I want in charge of the House GOP as she's actually somewhat competent. Someone who can actually move the party past Trump. We need a party on the "US political right" but I want the Republican Party and its ideology to die and crumble. Liz would be the worst person to achieve that.

Yeah, for sure. I see it both ways in that the QAnon Caucus (Qaucus...?) is utterly incompetant, but... so is Donald Trump, and Trump's incompetence leads to things like mass conspiracy theories, COVID hoaxes, and armed insurrection and assassination attempts against the heads of American government.

Cheney is tacticly much more effective than the QAnon folks, but with part of that is also like ... she doesn't call for Anthony Fauci to be executed, or tell people not to wear masks, or brag about carrying a gun to congress.

The GOP might be destroyed under the leadership of the QAnon wackos, but like Trump it might only be because he's killed ~400,000 Americans, tanked the economy, cut us off from all foreign partners, and, eventually, lead to the assassination of political opponents. I was naive in 2016 to think that Trump could never become president... I cheered on like most of us here when he started to win primaries ("He's going to tear the party apart!") and then even the convention ("He's got no chance, lock up 2016!") ......... but I was dumb. Even incompetent people can hold power, and then they're just as dangerous as the competent ones who are slightly less crazy. Right now, I can't discount Matt Gaetz from being the face of the GOP just based solely on the rise of Donald Trump from an absolute political nobody, to the most powerful person in America over the last 4 years.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, for sure. I see it both ways in that the QAnon Caucus (Qaucus...?) is utterly incompetant, but... so is Donald Trump, and Trump's incompetence leads to things like mass conspiracy theories, COVID hoaxes, and armed insurrection and assassination attempts against the heads of American government.

Cheney is tacticly much more effective than the QAnon folks, but with part of that is also like ... she doesn't call for Anthony Fauci to be executed, or tell people not to wear masks, or brag about carrying a gun to congress.

The GOP might be destroyed under the leadership of the QAnon wackos, but like Trump it might only be because he's killed ~400,000 Americans, tanked the economy, cut us off from all foreign partners, and, eventually, lead to the assassination of political opponents.

We are stuck between two horrible choices. I'd rather take the radical and violent section since they can be more easily dismissed and shamed. The GOP will be tainted if their ranks all become violent extremists. Liz scares me because she shares a lot of the base ideology of the far right but has a good PR image to push and promote that radical ideology. Which is something Democrats still fail at properly seeing and having a response to with messaging.

I look at Tom Cotton, Ben Sasse and formerly Josh Hawley to be the biggest threats we face. They share about 80% of the Trump ideology, but are far more effective on campaigning, debating, getting legislation passed and whipping fundraising and coordination for elections. Matt Gaetz can barely wipe his ass without getting his fingers soiled. So, I gotta head with that if I have a choice. Either way, I hate being in this position and our country falling to pieces.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We are stuck between two horrible choices. I'd rather take the radical and violent section since they can be more easily dismissed and shamed. The GOP will be tainted if their ranks all become violent extremists. Liz scares me because she shares a lot of the base ideology of the far right but has a good PR image to push and promote that radical ideology. Which is something Democrats still fail at properly seeing and having a response to with messaging.

I look at Tom Cotton, Ben Sasse and formerly Josh Hawley to be the biggest threats we face. They share about 80% of the Trump ideology, but are far more effective on campaigning, debating, getting legislation passed and whipping fundraising and coordination for elections. Matt Gaetz can barely wipe his ass without getting his fingers soiled. So, I gotta head with that if I have a choice. Either way, I hate being in this position and our country falling to pieces.

Doesn't mean much if the base don't want em.