• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
So for my entire life, I have lived in Central, NJ/Monmouth County. I have been to California a few times as a kid and visited New York but nothing major.

I am curious about two geographical areas in particular; the South and the Midwest. I like Jersey because we are blue but not too blue and I feel like I would be out of place in a really red state.

To the ERA members in say Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, etc. What positives can you give. I do have a friend (living in NJ now) but she lived in Nashville for several years in her 20s and loved it.

Same question to the midwest say like Minnesota.

I am also intrigued by some out west too.

NJ is ok but I feel like it is the Diet Coke to Coca Cola that New York is.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
My sister moved from Connecticut to North Carolina, it's certainly an easier place to start out in. I don't think I could live in a red state comfortably though.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Lived in TN my entire life. I can say its gorgeous here. Southern Hospitality is a real thing. The cost of living is low and depending on where you move to you can be a stones throw away from other nice areas. If I was to recommend a city it would be Nashville, especially if you love music and the night life. Bridgestone arena is home to the Predators and the arena gets great shows. Food down here is fantastic as well.

As far as politics are concerned; Where I am located it seems to be more moderate. We were the first state to offer free community college to everyone after all. Not super bad here.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Broaden your horizons and move out of country. Especially when living in the US, most people there are very insolated.

The best decision of my life was to go live in Asia for a year. I am now currently living in UK for 3 months. I've also lived in the US. My main home is Canada which I return back to.

If you're already willing to move you made the first step. Now take the bigger step and move out of the US for at least 6 months to a year. Experience somewhere else. Only difficulty may be getting a work visa but start researching now your options.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I live in south GA and i can say there is nothing positive about it except atlanta is only 3.5 hrs away. Also it's hot as fuck right now.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
You might like New Mexico. It's blue but still in the south and it's gorgeous. Similar-ish with Georgia.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I live in northwestern virginia, and it is the most breathtakingly gorgeous shithole imaginable

Oct 25, 2017
I've lived up and down the east coast and am now in Washington state. Washington > all other places I've lived. It's all personal preference of course.