• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Jumping in from the other thread. Hopefully more will watch, had no idea this was happening until I tuned into CNN.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

Dr. Rick Bright: "Our window of opportunity is closing. If we fail to improve our response now, based on science, I fear the pandemic will get far worse ... There will be likely a resurgence of Covid-19 this fall ... Without better planning, 2020 could be the darkest winter."

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Fox was covering this for 5 minutes. Then the hosts brought in the WH press secretary who rebuked everything he was saying. OMG. What a very disturbing idiot. 🤦‍♂️

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tire so, so fucking much of how, every single senate hearing, the republicans play sports team politics. It's so, so fucking annoying and transparent. Every. Fucking. Time.

The point of senate hearings is to gather information. it's not to go to bat for your political party. You serve the country, not the fucking party. The very base who voted you in were supposedly tired of "illuminati" and other bullshit. Sports Team Politics is emblematic of just that. Party over people. God fucking dammit I hate it.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump TV isn't even covering this. I think they covered the first five minutes and then went into a segment talking about bringing back baseball.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what a fucking idiot.

"safety is important."

"So why don't we just try stuff without testing it? For example, this doctor did this, and it didn't work, but why don't we just try??"

didn't work = got people killed

"Sure, scientists believe there was no merit to the claims of effectiveness of this drug and were unclear on the side effects, but I just don't get why we didn't order a bunch of it and start giving it out to people who wanted it???"

like, fucking SERIOUSLY?? You're arguing for snake oil????

Oct 30, 2017
This Virginia asshole basically saying that patients should be guinea pigs so their local MDs can throw random drugs at them because the fed govt. didn't do its fucking job.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This Virginia asshole basically saying that patients should be guinea pigs so their local MDs can throw random drugs at them because the fed govt. didn't do its fucking job.

Comes just a few questions after that other dude was like "What's the hold up? Why will a vaccine take over a year to develop?"

IDK, maybe because you're asking the federal government to investigate drugs that don't pass initial, basic review processes?????

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a hearing on his whistle blower complaints, or a trial on the effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine?? These questions are so fucking stupid.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"This is not from a layperson, this is from an expert."

No, you are asking the question, you are a layperson. That was literally an appeal to authority.

OP
OP
GrapeApes

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are these mofos choosing hydroxychloroquine as the hill to die on? Y'all aint going to make fetch happen

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
"do you look at countries like france... like japan?"

pretty rich that GOP ghouls use comparative analysis from other countries data when it suits their very transparent needs lmao

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Sometimes I'm really not happy that we have the longest undefended border with you guys. I'm scared that we can do things better up here, but the rot that's eating America will still drag us down, anyway.

Oct 30, 2017
My wife's friends cousin's doctor I know said hydroxychloroquine could cure coronavirus. Why didn't you consider this as fact, Dr. Bright?

Because we have heard of, but can't rely on, anecdotal evidence without rigorous testing here at HHS.

Mmhmm, but why male models?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shiiittttt lmaooo.

"Do you look at studies for Hydroxychloroquine?

Yes (detailed answer looking at studies, data value, controlled testing, sample size, etc)

"Okay but what if its administered correctly?"

Yes (same answer)

"Okay but you realize there's a small window for using it right?"

Yes (same answer)

"Okay, have you looked at studies from other countries like France for Hydroxychloroquine"

Yes (same answer)

"Okay... but just FYI its my understanding it saved the life of a vet"

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shiiittttt lmaooo.

Yes (detailed answer looking at studies, data value, controlled testing, sample size, etc)

Yes (same answer)

Yes (same answer)

"Okay, have you looked at studies from other countries like France for Hydroxychloroquine"

Yes (same answer)

Fox News: Disgraced "former-expert" didn't even know it saved the life of a vet!!

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
imagine another world in which we didn't need fucking whistleblowers on a god damn pandemic response. seriously, how hard would it have been to do more than fucking zero

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shiiittttt lmaooo.

Yes (same answer)

Yes (same answer)

Yes (same answer)

"Uh huh... uh huh... thank you for answering all of these correctly, but what about this one person? Isn't this one person proof that it will work for everyone and we should administer it to everyone immediately?"

That is what he might as well of said to him.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
this all rests on the case against richard burr, nail that guy up and bury him
Not really, this type of shit has been happening for decades and will likely continue to do so barring massive changes. You should cross reference those that voted against the ACA repeatedly and those that own stock in health care insurance companies.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really, this type of shit has been happening for decades and will likely continue to do so barring massive changes. You should cross reference those that voted against the ACA repeatedly and those that own stock in health care insurance companies.

Speaking of those who voted against the ACA and conflicts of interest, you see that John Cornyn said it's a great thing that we have obamacare after voting it down 20 times???

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"did you sign off on this?? Because I bet you did, and that's awful."

"No I didn't.

"Suuuuurrre, I believe you."

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a medical doctor. So is Dr. Bright.

BuT wHy Do (not) YoU tRuSt (not) pEer ReViEwEd StUdIeS oVeR fEeLiNgS?

Trumpers really think they've got a gotcha to have Dear Leader to weasel out of irresponsibly pushing a drug with severe side effects (ok, mamy can have those) that was literally used for assissted suicide in Germany.

Oct 25, 2017
This fucking hydroxychloroquine cock sucking is infuriating. Surprised they aren't sipping on Lysol right now as they foam at the mouth about this shit.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me, a house of representative member with no medical experience, tell you, a medical doctor for 20 years, how doctors work in a hospital.

"they will use it off.. uh... off.... line..."

Oct 30, 2017
The rep's point about prescribing medications "off-label" is technically true but 99% of the time those drugs are prescribed "off-label" because there are actual clinical studies that have shown its effectiveness as an off-label medication with minimal safety risks.

Example: prescribing an anti-seizure medication for mood instability (e.g., Depakote)

That's exactly Bright's point: it would have been irresponsible to mass prescribe a questionable medication that did not have clear clinical backing and you could not term it as "off-label."

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Make that a sound clip. "I said, 'We're in deep shit.' They ignored it." blast that from all four corners. Lay people will understand that.