• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Mitch just trying to get democrats to be the ones to vote no to the $2,000 checks here? Like, yeah, we'll pass the 2k checks if an only if section 230 repeals and an election fraud investigation are included. And then democrats are either forced to let them go through or be asked forever why they denied people the relief they need and why are they scared of an investigation.

Am I way off base here?

The problem for his plan is the House sent them a clean bill for the $2000. He's trying to avoid voting on that while passing one that has his poison pills.

OP
OP
Empyrean Cocytus

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Isn't Mitch just trying to get democrats to be the ones to vote no to the $2,000 checks here? Like, yeah, we'll pass the 2k checks if an only if section 230 repeals and an election fraud investigation are included. And then democrats are either forced to let them go through or be asked forever why they denied people the relief they need and why are they scared of an investigation.

Am I way off base here?

That's clearly the angle Republicans are going for. Dems can turn that around by asking why Republicans are refusing to help people who seriously need the money and are just adding unrelated poison pills, which is what Bernie is trying to do by holding the NDAA hostage.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I really wish garbage couldn't be slip in our bundled with things. Especially when it's something like this.

What the heck does holding social media accountable have to do with giving people relief?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Look one raised their spending, and one lowered it! Don't worry about how much they started at or if that's relevant at all, I can just point out how much they rose and lowered!!! Just assume they started at similar points!

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Where I'm lost is why it would be irreparable to just reverse course on those poison elements the moment Biden is in office?

How are they all so consistently shit at public speaking?
Because when they preach to a base of selfish constituents full of hate & disdain who will vote for them regardless, they never have to try.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
How many times can he say "People don't understand this."

Just vote for it, don't worry about what it's for!

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
"I made this card.....You know, I was taught..."

Oh fucking shoot me.

Lowered tax rates, and got rid of over regulation. I thought we were listing good things?

AwkwardWizard

Oct 27, 2017
What is Jim Inhofe even talking about?

"[once Obama left office] the war on fossil fuels was over"

What the fuuuuuuck

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a masochist so I refuse to watch this. The only reason to watch the Senate is if you want to get raging mad. Will follow the thread for those of you sadistic enough to watch and update please and thank you.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
58c9482fb06c4.image.jpg

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
"We're the world leader in gas and oil production." These people are god damn stupid. "Hey pete, should we worry about these Fords and their funny driving machines? Nah, we're the world leaders in horse and buggy production. We're the best!"

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
doesn't 230 also fuck with qanon and conservative losers?
Yes it would

230 allows sites not to be sued

230 was designed so that the companies wouldn't be sued for moderating their site

With 230 gone site could be sued for not taking stuff down

At least that's what I recall it being

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
My joke about you can have the 2k if Trump remains president forever coming to fruition in real time

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Riders are the most obvious ploy in the world.

Oh no, i'm losing an argument, I better pair it with another argument that has more of a following so that I can make this more divisive and look like less of a failure on my part...

They really should be banned in legislation.