• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You would think that a guy dying on live TV would probably cancel the show but here we are

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
No way lol! I thought for sure they would never cancel it. I bet something similar takes it place next year, probably by all the same people.

But good on the network, at least for now.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
No way lol! I thought for sure they would never cancel it. I bet something similar takes it place next year, probably by all the same people.

Honestly, if they are going to outright cancel a show this new and this popular, the concept is probably going to be a DOA one for quite a long time

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
giphy.gif

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cops and Live PD cancelled in the same week. Unbelievable. Public opinion on the police really is shifting. Thank god for the protesters.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's a big deal. I'll admit I did watch the show from time to time but felt kind of guilty about it. I wouldn't have watched it again after the last couple of weeks though, that's for sure.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Was not expecting that, but it does read as though they are looking to do it again after sometime.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
This quote makes me think it's not permanently cancelled and they're just trying to figure out a way to revive it down the road in a more "respectable" way:

"This is a critical time in our nation's history and we have made the decision to cease production on Live PD," the network said in a statement to Deadline. "Going forward, we will determine if there is a clear pathway to tell the stories of both the community and the police officers whose role it is to serve them. And with that, we will be meeting with community and civil rights leaders as well as police departments."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I would have put money on them waiting it out. Even with the dude dying. Ratings usually beat all

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
variety.com

A&E Canceling ‘Live PD’ Following Ongoing Protests Against Police Brutality

A&E has decided to pull the plug on its top-rated franchise "Live PD" in light of continued protests against police brutality, and after a controversy involving the show in Austin.

has pulled the plug on "Live PD," in the wake of ongoing protests against police brutality and concerns over coverage of police activity following the killing of George Floyd in Minnesota.

"This is a critical time in our nation's history and we have made the decision to cease production on Live PD. Going forward, we will determine if there is a clear pathway to tell the stories of both the community and the police officers whose role it is to serve them. And with that, we will be meeting with community and civil rights leaders as well as police departments," A&E said in a statement.

The news also comes following revelations that a camera crew from "Live PD" last year filmed the death of a Black man in custody by Austin law enforcement — and that the video had been destroyed. According to the Austin American-Statesman, Javier Ambler died in March 2019 while being arrested by Williamson County sheriff's deputies in connection with a traffic violation.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This quote makes me think it's not permanently cancelled and they're just trying to figure out a way to revive it down the road in a more "respectable" way:
Damn, I would have put money on them waiting it out. Even with the dude dying. Ratings usually beat all
Yea this show is coming back. Probably under a different name, but still close enough that people recognize it.

Im think that they only did this because of the backlash they are getting over that episode. I mean why would you even air that episode, especially with that segment.

No this is a stunt. They are going to wait until things blow over and saying it was cancelled gives people a win.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good. I hate these cop shows. All they do is exploit poor and vulnerable people.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

This is the same network that immediately cancelled Duck Dynasty after one of the dudes there talked about his homophobic views. They don't mess around.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that they're beyond vile. Their existence resulted in the death of this man.

www.resetera.com

Austin area police chase ends in death as ‘Live PD’ cameras roll

Another black man saying "I can't breathe." while being murdered by police. The death in custody was a rumor here in Round Rock. No one knew for sure it had even occurred. Chodys obsession with Live PD is well known, however. For reference, Williamson county is a suburb of Austin TX. A lot...