• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Kinda turned me around on the MP after that video. I'm really hoping I can get into one of the flights.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun but I was never really worried about multiplayer post Halo 5 barring the absence of BTB again and that's in.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
This, for me, is the real system seller. I'll definitely pick up a used Series S once this releases.

While it doesn't wow me from the technical side, you can just tell that this is a lot of fun. Then again, it has to compete with Battlefield. Exciting times ahead, this year sees the releases of three big shooters side by side.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Wow, that looked WAY better than the little bit they showed yesterday. This is going to be amazing!

My only lingering worry is the maps. It's the one area I feel 343 have repeatedly fallen short multiplayer wise.
Yeah, they're looking kinda bland for the most part… though the BTB one is nice at least. Hopefully there's a good variety at launch.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
The level of customisation and no lockout battle passes is very impressive. I will definitely be checking this out if it's on Steam.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good shit taking the MCC approach to the battle passes. I really dug the flow of combat here too.

I didn't play Halo 5 so I have no opinion on how that one plays, but so far I'm excited. Hopefully we get a Flight for Infinite multiplayer in the next 3 months.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
sorry, late to the party: is there a Battle Royale mode at launch or planned for down the road? I feel like I'm hearing all kinds of conflicting stuff.

Magni

I get that it's 2021 and that people are all into _player_ customization, but I was really curious about _game_ customization. Hoping we hear more about that sooner rather than later.

I don't love load out/item drops. It adds a bit too much "randomness," especially when they just said "fair and even" is critical.

What happens when it lands closer to an enemy team? That stuff drives me nuts.

My understanding was that these were essentially weapon/vehicle respawn animations. Instead of magically reappearing, they now drop from the sky, but it's still the same as always in terms of placement/timers? Could be completely off though.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy about how they are implementing battle passes, hope others go down this route too, no one should be punished because they lack time to play.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man…..that's something, that felt great to hear, something I've been waiting for Bungo to do for Destiny for the longest time.

halo is going to be a blast and the inclusion of bots / the academy will hopefully help retrain my brain to fire from the hip.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Battle Passes not running out and have no time restriction and you can buy old Passes retroactively?

tenor.gif

This news alone deserves its own thread.
Does it? This is not new in Halo.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
I was hoping for something a little better than 12v12 BTB mode. Maybe "better" is the wrong word, bigger maybe?

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
343i have really learned alot from Halo's 4, 5 and MCC. This is looking fantastic!

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Just let me get my hands on the beta/flight. A big believer that nothing will change people's opinion like playing the game for themselves.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Looks really damn nice, smooth and sharp. I won't lie though, I'm going to miss a lot of stuff from Halo 5...even the smart scopes. And no thrusters....whyyyyyy?

The armor coatings make sense to me too, the look of stuff is super custom tailored; its not just changing color. Hopefully people realize that.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I get that it's 2021 and that people are all into _player_ customization, but I was really curious about _game_ customization. Hoping we hear more about that sooner rather than later.

My understanding was that these were essentially weapon/vehicle respawn animations. Instead of magically reappearing, they now drop from the sky, but it's still the same as always in terms of placement/timers? Could be completely off though.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! If that's the case, way, way better! That makes sense!

May 17, 2018
I wonder how this will do against the other shooters. I'm not seeing much here to attract anyone who isn't already a Halo fan, but, maybe that's all they need? And of course F2P will attract some new players, as well, but, just from a glance, it doesn't seem to have the energy of the bigger shooters out there. I'm def looking forward to trying it out, as I always get sucked in to Halo MP for a good few months.

Will be fascinating to see it play out against Battlefield/Warzone/etc…

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
At least with this being F2P and seasonal we will surely be getting a regular drop of new maps. Unlike in Halo's past where there was really long wait between map packs. So even if the launch maps are subpar we won't have to wait long I hope.

Plus, they'll probably add community Forge creations into rotation.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Really great news coming from this game, loved the new battlepass system. Vehicle drops is a big plus since I freaking hate how people purposely camp vehicle sites on other games making it almost impossible to get vehicles in certain matches.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I like what I saw.

The battle passes following a similar model to Halo MCC, although they're free on MCC, is really good news. I'll go a couple of months without playing Halo and then I'll come back and play it every night for a couple of weeks. So not missing out on battle pass content that I've paid for makes me much more likely to buy a battle pass. I don't think I've ever bought one in any game but I might with Infinite.

Bots and training areas are a big deal. Hopefully they can help make online less intimidating along with a larger player base thanks to free to play.

I do love Halo 5's Warzone Firefight. Hopefully that can make a return without the microtransactions. I actually liked the REQ system - just don't let people pay real money and loot boxes for REQ cards. Which it sounds like they've promised 0 loot boxes, so that's a good thing.

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
There still seems to be a form of "ADS" from Halo 5, just not as intrusive. Which is fine to me. You can see it momentarily for the Needler and AR.

I was hoping for something a little better than 12v12 BTB mode. Maybe "better" is the wrong word, bigger maybe?
This is something I 100% agree with. Especially with a few insiders likening it to Battlefield which made me believe it would be close to 64 players per match. I don't like it just being 24 but we'll see how it plays I guess.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
store.steampowered.com

Halo Infinite on Steam

From one of gaming's most iconic sagas, Halo is bigger than ever. Featuring an expansive open-world campaign and a dynamic free to play multiplayer experience.

I know the campaign is ;) My question is if the multiplayer is or are they going to use the Windows store only. I don't think they will but I'm awaiting confirmation.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Love the weapon feedback already. Equipment being more akin to power weapons sounds good to me; halo 3's implementation was awful.

Still bummed about the lessened base mobility, but it didn't seem like TOO much of a downgrade. (Thrusters and Thruster+Slide+Jump will still be missed)

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Nice. Untimed battle passes are the future (I hope)

I would hope so, but they may not have to worry as much as everyone else does about and maintaining engagement numbers because they're a first party developer like others do. Their goal may just be to get people to buy the hardware or get people onto gamepass where as everyone else with these limited time battlepasses have to keep people playing as much as possible whether they want to or not. What really sucks is that the free battlepass has virtually nothing in it, the paid one is full of junk with the good stuff perfectly spaced through it and you have to grind your ass off to get it. I just dont play any single game that much for that long to get anything off of it and it just drives me away from the game entirely because I work all day to not turn my recreation activity in to more work.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that looked WAY better than the little bit they showed yesterday. This is going to be amazing!

My only lingering worry is the maps. It's the one area I feel 343 have repeatedly fallen short multiplayer wise.

Maps look much better than Halo 5 so far. We won't know until we get some actual full gameplay of matches, but so far it looks like they're investing more time and care into map design than they did for Halo 5.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, but the only thing that I am concerned about are the maps. 343 hasn't done a good job with the maps in any of the Halo's they've released and this looks to follow their same philosophy of arena style symmetrical maps, which is absolutely boring.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Does it? This is not new in Halo.

Not new in Halo if you count the MCC, but that is something I wouldn't really count. It's a legacy product for hardcore fans, adding stuff to unlock to give people a thank you for still playing. You also don't have to pay for anything there, it feels more like a classic unlock system.

This is a brand new upcoming AAA game tho with millions of eyes on it and having paid Battle Passes. This is a bit different, to me at least.
A game of this caliber going this super fan friendly route while literally everyone else is trying to suck your lifetime out of you without respecting any time you spend in their games, that's the difference here.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Looks cool but can't really trust designers that make you choose between moving fast or shooting/strafing at a snail's pace in a Halo game. That shit looks so clunky and awkward.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
The battlepass system is amazing. It stops the FOMO that Fortnite and Apex get, especially if you want to take a break from the game for a few weeks. Also not being able to purchase the stuff from the battlepass separately is great as well. I wonder if there will be stuff you can purchase that is only in the store though. Like armor and skins not in the battle pass. Good job 343.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Battle Pass progression honestly is a highlight for me. Being able to do it at my own pace is amazing.