• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Events like this is why Fortnite is relevant everytime and makes a tons of money, this event will fund buying next favorite game lol
More free games for me is fine. I want to thank all people spending money on Fortnite for giving me free games. Observer came out not that long ago and I get it for free? Neat, enjoy the the little tie-dye battle royale thing.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Is that a black hole or an eclipse? Was Fortnite sealed into the eclipse like Dracula's castle in Aria of Sorrow?

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
V5CiGaN.png

Yep so my guess was not far off. Idk how that guy got 4.5mil here when its 1.5mil on youtube. Still huge and probs more concurrent viewers on youtube for this than what e3 gets probably

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if parents in Canada are annoyed at the timing of this. It's supposed to be Thanksgiving here and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the one day they don't want their kids playing Fortnite. Then again, I suppose they can't play it, so maybe they'll be thankful lol.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Honestly, the people behind fortnite and the way they have marketed it deserve serious recognition because I'm constantly floored by the ideas and implementation they do.

It kind of reminds me of the pixar vs dreamworks pic.
Kd0rYi3.jpg
Funny because whenever I see the artstyle and characters of the game I'm always reminded of the bottom third of this picture.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Thank you to contributing to this Fortnite marketing campaign with every reply to this thread. Mine included.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Funny because whenever I see the artstyle and characters of the game I always think of the bottom third of this picture.
The art style may not be for everyone (I personally love it) but the way they have marketed the game, especially through events is simply incredible.

Can you imagine any other company deciding to regularly have massive, worldwide events happening simultaneously and to then do something as 'simple' as having a new map decide to live wipe out the entire game?

Seriously impressive stuff.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I wonder if parents in Canada are annoyed at the timing of this. It's supposed to be Thanksgiving here and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the one day they don't want their kids playing Fortnite. Then again, I suppose they can't play it, so maybe they'll be thankful lol.
My parents house is in disarray cause the kids can't play Fortnite lol they set up a kids table next to the tv and everything, but now they can't play and it's pandemonium.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Funny because whenever I see the artstyle and characters of the game I'm always reminded of the bottom third of this picture.
Yeah the character artwork for For
Hah, thought the same from just a cursory glance of their promo material. :P

Rzf5nxl.png
The artwork is definitely super generic and if Fortnite never existed and you told me "these are the characters in the next Dreamworks movie", I wouldn't doubt you for a second.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I know none of them play it actively, but this seems like the poster child for the Giant Bomb Best Moment category.

Epic simply shut down the Fortnite stand at Brasil Game Show, right in the middle of the event's biggest day in terms of public, haha.

Could you imagine being a bystander and seeing that happen randomly as you walk by? It would be like if a miniature "Snap" just happened.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Dude. I was there back in FFXIV 1.23b. I played all from the 1.0 Beta until 3.2 without taking a break.

FFXIV never did anything like this and in this order of magnitude.
Huh? XIV had monsters invade the city states in real time, and then everybody watched the end of the world together, at which point the game shut down permanently.

Fortnite, on the other hand, is going to switch back on shortly with some new features. It's definitely a bit of a different thing, but by order of magnitude XIV kind of has it beat, at least in terms of relative scale. Unless you're talking about social/cultural magnitude, in which case there's obviously no argument there, this is obviously a much bigger deal to the public at large.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I have no interest in Fortnite myself, but all these major events they do are really cool.

It makes me wish that I was a part of it.

If you're not into the "last man standing" mode, there's Team Rumbles. It's basically team deathmatch between two factions that's on the biggest deathmatch map ever. You don't even need to the do the building mechanic and you can still do really good and unlock 99% of the stuff in the game.

It got me into the game and I rarely ever play the main BR mode. My kid and I have played it for a year.

It was such a popular limited time mode it became a core mode now.

Status
Not open for further replies.