• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a cool way to do downtime but man is it boring now, I was kind of expecting a full launch straight away, will be interesting to see how they handle the transition from this point.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
These events get me every time, just so cool. I doubt I'll ever seriously play Fortnite again (especially not with no more PC/input lobby filtering and skill based matchmaking), but fuck do they constantly get me interested just before a new season.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay the other events were not alyways great but this one was pretty cool.

My only problem is I would rather want to experience cool shit like this repeatedly in an actual singleplayer game.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New season looks cool!
EGx7PXBXUAAgjV3

Absent Uncle

Oct 25, 2017
Oslo
These events get me every time, just so cool. I doubt I'll ever seriously play Fortnite again (especially not with no more PC/input lobby filtering and skill based matchmaking), but fuck do they constantly get me interested just before a new season.
Yeah I have no interest in playing the game, but this event made me download it and fire it up just so I can see what they do with it

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
I wonder if people who stay online will be spat back out into the new map...
Either there'll be a cutscene and the lobby/main menu UI will appear somehow, or it'll somehow boot everyone from the game while a patch is downloaded. I genuinely have no idea how the next part will pan out and that's kinda exciting, to see how they pull it off etc.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe there are people who think this is one sort of error and not part of the event.

Jesus, some people...

Meanwhile at Epic:

"Great event everyone. Some fans are getting antsy but they'll be super happy when we finally reveal what we have in store for them!"
"Sir, the game was supposed to go live again 2 hours ago"
"What?"
"The game code is missing. We can't find it. Everything is gone including all player profiles and purchases."
"Quickly, just blast random numbers at the start screen to keep the fools distracted. In the mean time, start recreating the entire game from scratch!"

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite's being reimagined in real-time?
Their events have been pretty cool, even though I dislike the game.

Reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy 1.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
I was actually wondering if they were gonna take this opportunity to finally make it f2p, especially since they recently change it so you don't get free vbucks from stw ie you now buy it.
StW has been in paid beta and Epic has even said in the past that it will be free once it's fully released. I suspect they'll remove all the beta/early access labels that are slapped on the BR loading screens too.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Are the C2 files actually in the game? Wouldn't they've been leaked? I guess there'll be downtime and a big patch before C2 actually goes live.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
StW has been in paid beta and Epic has even said in the past that it will be free once it's fully released. I suspect they'll remove all the beta/early access labels that are slapped on the BR loading screens too.
Yeah I remember it was already meant to be f2p but kept delaying it. Just didn't cross my mind until just after the event that this might be the moment they finally decide to do it.

Perfect marketing since the wolrd is now watching and waiting to see what happens so you maximise the chances of people giving it a go.

Wolshen

Oct 30, 2017
Jokes aside, if they are going to reorganize the PvE part, reimagine some sections of the whole game and add PvP modes i will be happy.

I was one of the people who bought the most expensive edition when the original game came out, and i dont care about the battle royale portion

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of the Eve space battles in that it's something fun to read about even though I have zero interest in the actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.