• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolshen

Oct 30, 2017
The human race peaked today. Da Vinci? Einsten? HA... This black hole is absolutely incredible, the mystery, the possibilities. I hope it lasts at least another 24 hours, with millions watching

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full screening the fornite twitch channel right now makes for some good second monitor/background noise.

It's so peaceful and soothing.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'll say this much - the "throw something on Twitch where nothing happens for hours" has been incredibly successful for crazy hype & speculation. See: Fallout 76, Pokemon Ponyta, Fortnite Black Hole. I'm not saying that all of them result in something that is beloved ... but it absolutely draws eyeballs and traffic.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, managed to actually patch and launch the game. This'll be the first big event I've been involved in for Fortnite.

idolminds

Nov 2, 2017
When I saw rumor that it would be a new map I thought that was cool but after all this if it's just a map it will be kind of a disappointment. So I'm interested in seeing what actually happens. And I havent played the game in like a year.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Ha - genius. It's a really neat (and ballsy) idea. How did they test this beforehand, I wonder?
I'd love to know the process behind how they run all these live events and a lot of streamers were wondering how they could top all the previous events, but this sure did. Nobody expected the game to basically go offline for literally everybody. People suspect this is basically downtime for them to deploy a big patch, which is somewhat believable to me.
I too would love to have some insight about their testing for this specific event though.

Oct 26, 2017
They really got us here watching a black hole with random numbers.

fxfE8Ps.png

Yep. More than a magnitude bigger than the next game.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Over 7 millions people watching a stream of a black hole. This is how Fortnite is the number one video game in the world.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom

Epic Games Public Status

Welcome to Epic Games Public's home for real-time and historical data on system performance.
Their service page shows "Anomaly Detected" on all Fortnite categories which I highly doubt is what it would normally say. They're really going all out on this

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to know the process behind how they run all these live events and a lot of streamers were wondering how they could top all the previous events, but this sure did. Nobody expected the game to basically go offline for literally everybody. People suspect this is basically downtime for them to deploy a big patch, which is somewhat believable to me.
I too would love to have some insight about their testing for this specific event though.

That makes sense and its a great way to do it.

Not that I have any technical knowledge, but I just can't see how they can run accurate tests without being able to stress test it first. Really impressive.

I wonder if people who stay online will be spat back out into the new map...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am always intrigued how they make these events in a live game when everyone is live. Yet can have something like this happen wich is more scripted.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Here's the entirety of the event happening in-game.

Again most of the people missed it even if they tried to enter before 10 mns. Entering before 15 mns, you end up with sadistics who kill as quick as possible to end the team rumble match so you have to start the match again before the end which ends up being stuck again. So entering early, not very early or so late won't help anyone.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Coming online games will steal this real-time live event concept so hard and it will be great.

This is awesome.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't believe there are people who think this is one sort of error and not part of the event.

Jesus, some people...

Status
Not open for further replies.