• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
it kinda reads as that thing you write as satire when you try to edge lord a property that isn't meant to do that

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I finished reading this dumpster fire of a script.
I loathe what I just read but I'll be lying if I say I wouldn't want to see what that first episode looks like filmed.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
download-3.png

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...ok, that bit actually seemed fine enough? It's mocking that kind of romantic tension.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Not a single person in the target audience for this show is going to understand that MoveOn.Org joke. This is abysmal.

I don't even know who the target audience would be. I liked PPG. My daughter watches PPG every now and then now. This is utter trash and nothing I'd ever want from PPG. And obviously not anything my 8 year old daughter is going to watch. Like...how many old school PPG fans would read this and be like "NAILED IT"?

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
My best friends mom was a consultant on the show and a bunch of other original programming on Cartoon Network around the time of Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, etc. The "Cartoon Cartoons" era I guess. She even asked us what we thought of that phrase. I'm curious what she'd think of this.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Man, people are really trying to ape that Riverdale formula, huh?

This screenplay is gross. Just gross and icky and I have no idea who the fuck would want this.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This show was like a College Comedy sketch where the joke was that The CW was doing a Powerpuff Girls show.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Stop talking about Riverdale, please.

I forgot Archie fucked his teacher at some point on that show.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If it's getting reworked I'll post the script so people can read what it was beforehand, I talked about what was happening in the draft I had before, it started interesting but kinda petered out imo

EDIT: Here it is, the version from a couple of months ago

[removed]

They're obviously gonna change quite a bit, but even if they had gone through with this version its important to remember a lot can change between drafts and between writing, filming, and editing etc.
This is horrendous lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I've only ever heard and seen people trash on Riverdale, how come it's still going ?
I've only ever seen people trash on Big Bang Theory, but it was the most popular sitcom on TV for awhile there.

I have no idea who watches Riverdale, but apparently tons of people do. I don't think that audience was clamoring for a similar treatment of Powerpuff Girls, though, and I definitely don't think the existing fans of PPG wanted it turned into this abomination.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I fell off of Riverdale (but have always meant to go back...), but Riverdale leaned into the cheese a lot more than this seems to. Like Riverdale could go too far with that still, but in my experience it's a much more fun kind of ridiculousness than this. Most wild things I've heard from later seasons of it has made me want to catch up more, not less.

Stop talking about Riverdale, please.

I forgot Archie fucked his teacher at some point on that show.

that's literal first episode stuff

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
they saw the reactions online. Also somebody said that they are in the power puff outfits only in a flashback and look normal for the rest of the show.

they have at least 1-2 episodes already filmed and now they go back and rework it? dont you do that before filming starts? ^^
No. Often a pilot is shot and then, if the powers that be like what they see, they greenlight it for series. That's why often you'll see things like hair style changes from episode 1 to 2 because more time has passed in between those than any other two episodes unless it was ordered straight to series. Even if it is greenlit, they might still make pretty big changes. Sometimes they replace or cut out entirely 1 or more actors (which they may or may not go back and replace in the pilot). Sometimes they realize some story ideas are working more than others and they swerve directions when they shoot the rest of the season. Sometimes they decide big things need to change and they reshoot the whole thing. Reminder that Game of Thrones has an original pilot that I don't think they've ever released with a different actress playing Lady Stark. The characters in the original version of the Big Bang Theory pilot had HUGE differences from what people saw in the aired pilot. Sometimes they shoot the pilot and just decide it's not working and they cancel the whole thing (like that recent Game of Thrones spin off about the origin of the Whitewalkers). This is basically what pilots are for and this really isn't that unheard of. I doubt it has much to do with internet reaction (though I'm sure that factored in a little).

Last edited:

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
It's hard for me to visualize bringing the Powerpuff Girls to life and maintain that comical and cartoony aspect of the series - I just don't see it; however, a Sailor Moon live action series... that I can see working in capable hands.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This script reads like somebody wrote this jokingly as a parody without expecting it to really get chosen and then it got picked up and played seriously......

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
"I mean, moveon.org..." is one of those lines that is so completely terrible. So, so bad...

...that I just know I'm going to use it unironically in a conversation. Soon.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wow. There's "putting yourself into your art" and then there's "putting yourself into fanfiction-esque territory (for an official product)".

IIRC The official explanation given is that the designers made the character look like him to flatter him...But yeah put me in the camp of "You don't put your 30 something staff into the show and then have them romance a kindergarten girl"

...What's worse, is that he also voices the Character and as a writer, actively wrote his character as Blossom's crush

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
IIRC The official explanation given is that the designers made the character look like him to flatter him...But yeah put me in the camp of "You don't put your 30 something staff into the show and then have them romance a kindergarten girl"

...What's worse, is that he also voices the Character and as a writer, actively wrote his character as Blossom's crush

Yeahhhhh..... That's ummm something right there.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I saw the images of them and thought it was weird the had the same clothes, but maybe I was missing something.

Now, im just thinking how a creative structure that starts with a script went as far as 2 episodes shot with this level of script quality. It never ceases to amaze me how reinforcement and bias can get something like this so far.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Is Cody self-quoting with the 'moveon.org' ref? Is she suggesting that the PPGs were big Jennifer's Body stans?

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Wouldn't exactly break new grounds there...

maxresdefault.jpg

EU8NOlkWkAcUHUq.jpg

(That's a writer of the Reboot)

THE PPG RABBIT HOLE GOES DEEP

oh my god i remember that shit

I think he said he didnt pick the character design or something, I think maybe he said they just randomly chose him? dont remember but that shit was weeiiiirrrd before that

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO. I think most CW shows are just bad, but this crosses over into so bad it's good territory. I'd probably rather have this than whatever we'll get.