• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Excited for this banger

Feel like we've been hearing about it for a while though

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's been announced for a while

probably gonna be a nightmare both visually and qualitatively

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
This show is going to require a MASSIVE budget if they ever hope to do it justice.

When can we expect this potential abomination to release?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how it's even possible for this to work

I'm honestly curious to see what a super long form battle shonen looks like adapted to live action. Are they actually going to do elaborate training arcs? Are they going to even try to imitate the fight scenes? The entire structure of a battle shonen just seems like a very poor fit in live action considering what they focus on and excel at.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
This is either going to be amazing or a total disaster. Leaning more to the latter tbh.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
can't wait to see those awful rubber limbs.

giphy.gif

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we'll see how long these episodes are. If it's just 10 episodes for the first season maybe they'll be able to crack the Arlong Arc at the end of it but who knows.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I was going to say this has been known for a while now, but the Netflix thing is 100% confirmed now (I think that part was only speculated before)

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I could see a One Piece live-action movie with Hollywood-budget working somewhat... Basically the same amount of CG as a Marvel movie.

A Netflix series though? No, just no. And what's the point anyway... The full story is way too long, they're never going to adapt it entirely. So the title of the show 'One Piece' refers to something you're never going to see lol

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still surprised western studios go for properties that are difficult to adapt like OP and FMA while low hanging fruit like Monster are ignored

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are so many anime I could see working in live action and this is still like the worst possible choice

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
at this rate they'll only need to make it to about 100 seasons

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
This honestly feels an announcement to try and assuage investors or some such - ie, don't worry, look how it worked for the Witcher.

Ten episodes feels... sorta doable? Like if you truncate the early arcs to one 50-ish minute episode each, make Baratie a two-fer, and then make Arlong Park the final three.

Mind you, translating that into live action is going to be... something. Here's hoping they don't try to aim too high in terms of the talent draw, because they're gonna need every penny they can spare on the FX team

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also yea, it's been years. Hurry up with this trash.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
hoping for the best but expecting the worse. please be good please be good please be good