• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This actually doesn't look too bad. They actually have the animals emoting unlike Lion King.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh...I was never overtly fond of the original and this doesn't do much to get me in either

At least the cats don't seem racist

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Like one of my japanese animes

i3MreIl.png

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a pretty solid made-for-tv movie (which, what I imagine is a huge CG budget for the dogs).

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Fantasy land America there, I suppose this is set in New York or some other North East state?

I'll watch it. Dogs definitely look fully CG as oppose to just having a real dog with its mouth moving.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
If Disney+ would actually let me sub here in japan in November, I would check this out. Guess I'll have to wait until they decide Japan is worthy of their streaming service...

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This actually doesn't look too bad. They actually have the animals emoting unlike Lion King.
Huh?

This looks to be about the same to me as the approach that Lion King took.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I always thought that criticism was way overblown. Sure, it's less expressive than the original Lion King film when comparing side by side, but I'm sure any animated film would be, including Lady and the Tramp.

giphy.gif

Maybe people are just less emotionally attached to Lady and the Tramp and feel less offended by it's existence that failing to recreate the expression in a scene like this doesn't instantly enrage folks..