• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
Just what the title says! I stumbled upon it tonight. The filing date is listed as July 7, 2020, and it references use for "Downloadable computer game software; recorded computer game software; downloadable video game software; recorded video game software; downloadable virtual reality game software; recorded virtual reality game software." So, like, video games.

www.nintendoenthusiast.com

Live A Live receives United States trademark from Square Enix

Live A Live has received a United States trademark from Square Enix. The 1994 Takashi Tokita Super Famicom RPG may come to the west after all.

This is my favorite game I've played that's never released in the US, even ahead of Terranigma and Mother 3, so I'm super curious to see what Square Enix has in store. Hopefully they announce something within the next couple months. I'd like to see it on Switch too, but at this point, I'll take whatever I can get.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I never got around to buying it on my Japanese Wii U, so I guess I'll keep holding out! It always looked so fascinating and weird!

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome. I watched a Lets Play of it and it looked really cool (although uneven) and would love to see them do a localized release. It has a lot of interesting ideas in it.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I will acquire it immediately after release.

these kinds of things need suppoet and Live a Live is definitely worth it!

since there is no console mentioned, I can hope for switch, but I'll buy it forPS4 as well.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be cool if this got a remake along the lines of Trials of Mana.

I'd prefer Chrono Trigger first, but I'll take this too.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's a Trials of Mana like remake. SNES era RPG's are too outdated for me to enjoy now.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Oooh I've always wanted to play this, I know it's been fan translated for a good long while but an official release would really get me to buy it Day 1

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I never finished my time with the fan translation but I'd love to give it another go on modern platforms, be it as a remake or as a port.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
I've phased out of old-school 2D SNES RPGs for a while, but it's been so long since I've touched Live-A-Live I'm super curious to dive back in, especially if on the Switch. Such a unique form of storytelling at its time of release.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
Romancing SaGa level o remaking, maybe. I hope they bring Bahamut Lagoon after. It is my favorite pearl of the Japanese only games of Square on SNES.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
live a live in 2020 localized would be bonkers to me

in the same year i got seiken densetsu 3 and FF7 remakes ye gods

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Romancing Saga 2/3 HD style remake would be best. 100% no questions in my mind. It doesn't need to be anything else.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Romancing SaGa level o remaking, maybe. I hope they bring Bahamut Lagoon after. It is my favorite pearl of the Japanese only games of Square on SNES.
Romancing Saga 2/3 HD style remake would be best. 100% no questions in my mind. It doesn't need to be anything else.
It's probably that imo. ArtePiazza seems relatively 'free' schedule-wise now that they don't really have any more DQ or SaGa 2D stuff to work on.

OP
OP
JohnF

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
It's probably that imo. ArtePiazza seems relatively 'free' schedule-wise now that they don't really have any more DQ or SaGa 2D stuff to work on.
I'm thinking a SaGa-style remaster is most likely as well. A full-blown Trials-style remake would be completely insane but unlikely. But I like to live in a delusional world where we'll get a double-whammy Trials of Mana/Collection of Mana situation with Live A Live.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Always heard about this game but have yet to play it. I assume it's a real good JRPG?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Always heard about this game but have yet to play it. I assume it's a real good JRPG?
Yeah. It's a game where you take control of different characters throughout history and play through their stories. For example you've got the prehistoric era where you take control of a caveman and play what is essentially a mini JRPG (complete with a super boss), but there's no dialogue so everything is acted out via charades. There's also the "modern" day where you take control of a wrestler and play out a series of boss fights against other wrestlers set up like a fighting game.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I've asked for an English version every single SquareEnix survey, no joke

Oct 27, 2017

I agree with this. Trials of Mana style remakes are all well and good, but I'd much rather have the original game updated to modern standards. Square pixel art from that time is great and really shines with some updates, as is obvious from the Saga remakes, Tactics Ogre on PSP, and even the 2D mode of Dragon Quest XI.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018

This would be my expectation. Probably going to be another Unity conversion with a mobile version too since Tokita's got a lot of experience with mobile (FF4 After Years and FF Dimensions II).

Hopefully Bahamut Lagoon and Rudra are in the pipeline as well.