• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Damn shame. Dude was a legend.
time for a rewatch

MV5BMWUzMDk4NjUtNjc0Ni00OTcxLTljYzYtMzA4N2VjY2ZmY2RiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUxNjc5NjY@._V1_.jpg
So good.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Rock and roll legend and a true pioneer. RIP. Even sung the theme for the original Magic School Bus.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
RIP

It's a real shame about his self-hating homophobia, but that doesn't change what a icon he is.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Dang. Just The other day I was thinking how he looked so young for his age. Rest in peace, ready Teddy.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Rolling Stone says the cause of death was bone cancer, according to his lawyer

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Ughh this sucks :(. Rip. I feel like little Richard had a ton of tv appearances on kids shows or shows I watched growing up, he was also referenced in a lot of cartoons, he's one of the first legendary musicians I can remember recognizing.

Side note but getting older sucks. So many staples of pop culture that you're so accustomed to just being there are passing it's tough to watch it happen :(

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
What a motherfucking God. What I find fascinating is how flamboyant he as in a time where being black could have been a death sentence, and being queer could have been a death sentence. I know on the later he vasiclated between being out and proud and homophobic (damn, that church brainwashing is tough) but he never ever toned it down.

While people hem and haw on who started rock and roll (him, Chuck Berry, Rosetta Sharpe), there is NO doubt he was the first rock star. There would be no Hendrix, no Bowie, no Prince, no Guns and Roses...etc. Dude laid the blueprint on how to be larger than life.

Nov 1, 2017
I found out what an 8 track was through seeing one of my grandfather's with Little Richard on it. My grandma seem surprised when I actually wanted to listen to it lol.

Rest in power and thanks for the amazing music.

DarkSora

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Imma have me some fun. Imma have me some fun. Imma have me some fun.

R.I.P :(

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Little Richard was a genius by even the strictest definition of the word. His music is right up there with Black Sabbath's in the pantheon of things that I just cannot imagine being alive to hear for the first time. Watching him play live at the start must have felt like being smacked in the forehead by lightning.

Bajan32

Oct 28, 2017
Forgot about him. Used to see him every so often years ago at one of the churches my mom used to go to.

RIP Little Richard

Oct 25, 2017
He was basically the bridge between the then-underground, black American rock scene and all the stuff that went mainstream, and for that alone, he was important.

But also he was a hell of a singer. His version of "Keep a Knockin'" is the perfect example of a different version/cover that shows why covers are a good thing.

Also, "Lucille" is one of the great songs of all time and "The Girl Can't Help It" is arguably the best song-from-a-movie ever.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Absolute legend, pioneer, incredible voice, and off the charts charisma and energy. RIP.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
imagine being so ahead of your time that the white people got scared and needed a toned down white version of your hit song:

compared to the original:

lol

Pelleas

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, this is depressing news to wake up to...

I'm going to watch the Catalina Capers episode of MST3K later, since that unbelievably shit movie was somehow what made me realize just how amazing this man was.