• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
71Y-4IPmGSL.jpg

One of my favorite DC graphic novels is Camelot 3000. It is one of those good series runs that DC put out that isn't superhero oriented.

What's yours?

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
81NFYuJEIIL.jpg

The Hood. The street-level supervillain story of my dreams. The star is a petty crook who dreams of being a merc-for-hire supervillain badass like the Shocker or Constrictor. He stumbles across a demonic set of superpowers and uses them to make a name for himself in Marvel's New York.

It's like Superior Foes of Spider-Man played deadly serious. He's become a recurring 616 character, but the original MAX run is very self-contained. If you love the gritty crime shit in Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos, etc., this is the graphic novel for you.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
that one with Wolverine and a Wendigo (as in, a random Wendigo, not THE Alpha-Flight member Wendigo) where there is a
kid hiding from the wendigo,and the kid has his dog with him, and the dog starts growling as the Wendigo looks for them and the kid goes "shhh pls keep quit shhhh pls" until he has to break the dog's neck so it wouldnt give their location to the wendigo :(

That shit FUCKED ME UP WHEN I WAS A KID FAM :(

No idea what it's called and I don't even own it anymore, any idea what it's called? Slayven you're up.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Do trades count?

The first trade of Swamp Thing from Alan Moore is often lauded but it seems few people actually read it. I still have my first edition. It is exquisite.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
DC's Wednesday Comics is still one of the coolest things ever:

wedc_19tjtq.jpg

tumblr_ozs8e3w2tg1qagjgk5v.jpg

China Mieville's Dial H is excellent:

fa6upkff.jpg

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
The Wake on DC's Vertigo imprint is one of my favorites. It's a story told in two parts, the first being horror scifi that tells about the beginning of the end of humanity's reign, the second taking place a couple hundred years in the future in a post apocalyptic setting that's more Odyssey than horror. I don't want to ruin the story so go give it a read.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
One of my favorite DC graphic novels is Camelot 3000.
Damn I forgot about that. My cousin or something had it. Read it when I was a kid. He had a bunch of comics with only the first issue or maybe one early. I never asked him but I guess he was kind of into comics.
He also had the first issue of Power Pack. DonĀ“t know how unknown this is but man I loved that one. Need to get a hold on some more of that.
power-pack-1-omslag.jpg

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
A1LE9G2GhPL.jpg

latest

Continuing my own topic, the wonderful Trenchcoat Brigade and Mr E, both spin-offs of the popular Books of Magic.

I really liked the Mr E character, too bad they didn't use him again.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Literally the first thing that popped into my head was Camelot 3000. I got a copy from a yard sale once and I probably re-read it a hundred times.

May 24, 2019
Calling collections Graphic Novels always sounds wrong to me.
Since everything's collected anyway, you're better off just saying 'storylines.'

Like, Tom King's Vision is probably a high art volume to a lot of people, but I read it as a regular ol' monthly.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Not sure, although probably not because DC wanted people to forget the Mr E character existed for some reason.

I think TPB and limited series runs collected are interchangeable these days.
That's too bad. From the thread title I thought we were on graphic novels and trades. šŸ™

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
DC's Wednesday Comics is still one of the coolest things ever:

wedc_19tjtq.jpg

tumblr_ozs8e3w2tg1qagjgk5v.jpg

China Mieville's Dial H is excellent:

fa6upkff.jpg

Wednesday Comics is one of my most favourite things to have come from DC, Mark Chiarello was the editor for that, Solo & Batman Black & White which are also pretty great. Doesn't seem to be with DC anymore though.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I do own a limited run premium hardcover version of JSA: The Golden Age I paid like $50 for. I can't even find a picture of it anywhere online. I'm going to have to post a pic of it.