• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose correctly.

• Little Debbie

Votes: 225 69.2%
  • Hostess

Votes: 100 30.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Hostess. For sure.

310fd075-a633-46a2-a875-1fd6aa58c28e_1.d095643908dc209e5691343e79f0f1b6.jpeg

10 times better than anything hostess have ever deemed fit for human consumption

Eat two. Eat three. You will literally expire on the spot. They have some kind of poison in them.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still mad that Hostess's bankruptcy took their outlet stores down with it. The correct answer would be Little Debbie either way, though. Swiss Rolls are better than Ho Hos, Oatmeal Cream Pies and Nutty Bars are essential, and Star Crunch is the icing on the cake.

But Cosmic Brownies SUCK.

Last edited:

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Little Debbie > Hostess

Twinkies are the worst snack cake ever made, such a bland, tasteless waste of calories. Oatmeal cream pies and Swiss rolls however?

giphy.gif

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything Little Debbie makes tastes like a cheaper version of what Hostess makes because that's exactly what it is

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Swiss Cake Rolls >>>>>> Ho Hos, which is all that matters.

TASTokyo

Nov 8, 2017
I have never had Little Debbies. However, the first time I was in the US I bought some snacks I had heard of on tv and in movies. Among them were Hohos, twinkies, snoballs. All 3 were just awful.

So I vote for little Debbie being better, just as I cannot imagine worse.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Neither. I don't have much of a sweet tooth as it is so those factory cakes really taste like sawdust to me.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I like Little Debbie. I have eaten way, way too much Little Debbie in my life.

BUT

When they're both fresh, in products that can be compared head-to-head, Hostess is objectively of higher quality. I will take a fresh Twinkie over a Cloud Cake 100% of the time. Same with Ho-Ho's and Swiss Cake Rolls.

Little Debbie's advantage is in the things they do that Hostess does not. Hostess does not have an Oatmeal Cream Pie, Star Crunch, or Fudge Round equivalent.

Oct 28, 2017
Little Debbie always felt like budget Hostess to me, but I will always have a soft spot for the Little Debbie fudge brownies.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I will say Hostess donettes have gone to shit - especially the powdered sugar ones. And LD's little donuts have never been good. If I want a donut (and I do - often), I go with Entenmann's.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't touched anything from little debbie in over 20 years but as a kid we had their products in the house. I don't think we messed with anything hostess at all. Starcrunch, fudge rounds, banana cakes, zebra cakes, oatmeal cream pies, swiss rolls, the fudge brownies I'd scrape the top off of but still get sick because there were nuts that always made it into the brownie itself... I couldn't name a single hostess product.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Why not both? Little Debbie doesn't have golden sponge cake cupcakes or ding dongs. But little Debbie has nutty bars and star crunch.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not well versed in snack cakes, I remember wondering about Butterscotch Krimpets because of Maniac Magee and I think those were the first ones I bought and they were OK, but nothing earthshattering. They're made by Tastykake. From this thread, though, I must try Oatmeal Creme Pies and Swiss Rolls.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Oof they're all pretty trash but hostess def sits on top of the hill on this one.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
I had Swiss rolls at lunch everyday of high school. Nostalgia wins here.

EDIT: Oh, and Little Debbie made the fudge brownies also? Yeah, hands down them; all day, every day.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Old Hostess was great. New post-buyout Hostess is trash.

So Little Debbie.

(Plus I still haven't forgiven Hostess for killing off the apple spice cupcakes back in the 00's.)

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Hostess has Suzy Q's, therefore it wins.

That said, I think Drake's makes the best snack cakes overall.

Both have gone down hill unfortunately.
This is true. Snack cakes are guilty pleasure foods in general but they seem junkier than ever. Back in the day, apparently Twinkies were made with lard. No surprise that they just aren't the same anymore.

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed the vending machine here at work has a Little Debbie's Double Decker Oatmeal Creme Pie. I had no idea it existed.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't eaten any of these years and now I can't bring myself to. But Little Debbie was my entire childhood besides Twinkies.