• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Food?

• Yes

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 74.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
hA4PDQv.jpg

Should I feed it salami?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
If your goal is to get it to stop setting off your lights, you should not feed it salami.

On-top of this, I've heard some sad stories from people who fed animals. They'll come back for the delicious human food and if you keep doing it, may even become reliant on it and might even starve itself waiting for you to feed it. There's a reason wildlife places tell you not to feed the animals. This isn't me joking, there's a reason wildlife places often kill wild animals that become reliant on human food. They begin seeking more of it out and may even attack other humans for it, or become unable to survive on their own by becoming complacent or no longer hunting the food they're supposed to be.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Either put out a humane trap or hire a wildlife removal expert to take care of it, because if its den is within range of your place you're pretty much guaranteed to have a visitor as long as there is food in the vicinity.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
If your goal is to get it to stop setting off your lights, you should not feed it salami.

On-top of this, I've heard some sad stories from people who fed animals. They'll come back for the delicious human food and if you keep doing it, may even become reliant on it and might even starve itself waiting for you to feed it. There's a reason wildlife places tell you not to feed the animals. This isn't me joking, there's a reason wildlife places often kill wild animals that become reliant on human food. They begin seeking more of it out and may even attack other humans for it, or become unable to survive on their own by becoming complacent or no longer hunting the food they're supposed to be.
but what if OP is the little prince

lp-fox.jpg

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Pretty clearly a fox and no, no you should not feed it. Either way, it may still continue setting off your light but at least it won't become reliant on you or other humans for food.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I won't say feeding it is a terrible idea, they seem to be somewhat common in English cities and some people treat them like we'd treat a stray cat, but I don't really know your situation. If the animal isn't going to always be well fed or if you don't want it coming around more often it's probably best to not feed it. Really unless it's a fox born around people and semi-friendly I'd leave it alone. You don't see tons of wild animals that become friendly in adulthood if they didn't have human contact when they were younger. I can't say how that fox would turn out but if you're not going to take responsibility for it I'd leave it alone.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I interpreted the poll as whether or not you should eat that animal, and the answer is still yes. Assert yourself as the dominant species.

Poll results are in
OP
OP
FaffEra

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
The people have spoken, I will leave it alone. I'll probably buy some cat spray or something and dump it over all the fencing.

I'll leave you all with this picture of the fox taking a shit in my garden for posterity.
CnWhd0V.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Either put out a humane trap or hire a wildlife removal expert to take care of it, because if its den is within range of your place you're pretty much guaranteed to have a visitor as long as there is food in the vicinity.

Only problem I have with foxes around is the death screams of rabbits in the night.

On the plus side, our rabbit numbers are under control now.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I guess you could put coyote urine around the fence and it might get spooked. They usually sell it at grain feed stores

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Fox poo is seriously harmful due to parasites. You should remove it if possible.