• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I stumbled across this video a few years ago and still think about it every once in a while. I don't listen to the Doobie Brothers. As a matter of fact, watching parts of this video a handful of times is the only time I've intentionally listened to them. But I just can't get over how perfectly all of them are playing.

I figured it would be a good Friday night thing to share here. It's one of those videos that doesn't play in the embedded YouTube player, so here's the plain link:

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
god I love Michael McDonald

fun fact, he was gonna be the singer for Toto but he joined the Doobies days before they asked

imagine the chorus of Africa with McDonald

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Michael Mcdonald will always be a favorite. The album he dropped in 2017 was pretty great too, still got it.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
what the fuck

i was just talking about the doobie brothers with someone 15 minutes ago, due to being shocked that they were from San Jose, CA

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i think ive watched this specific concert on youtube like 5 times now

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This can't be their best performance, because it's missing Jeff "Skunk" Baxter. Guitar virtuoso who moonlights as a missile defense expert and military contractor.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I really like their music, even though I don't like the band name. I wish they came up with something better.
tenor.gif

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
That's funny - I had the same reaction to the same video only a few weeks ago. As you said, it's almost surreal how perfect it sounds, from their playing to the fidelity of the mix.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
listened to almost all of this, stunning quality, a really great bite sized concert

doobie brothers are like music that i probably would rarely say no to; i dont love them necessarily but there are songs i really like and the rest is very listenable

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Holyyyy shit never seen that before. They get all the credit in the world from me for playing next to the UCSB
lagoon because oh my goodness does it smell. Shout out to my fellow Gauchos out there :)

also ,obligatory:

*And if you are a student there right now, and I say this with the deepest deepest sincerity from the bottom of my heart: I'm so sorry you never got to experience Isla Vista Halloween as it once was

Oct 27, 2017
I just listened to the whole thing... amazing performance. That "progressive metal guitar solo" jam replacing the saxophone from I Cheat The Hangman at 39 minutes is badass and totally unexpected. The recording is CRYSTAL CLEAR! Those sound/mix engineers responsible for the show and doing all the magic behind the scenes were the real deal!

Oh, and this reminds me... My sister got a used Volkswagen Beetle a few years ago and there was Doobie Brothers mixtape in the CD player the original owner left (or forgot about lol) and we NEVER took it out haha. It had all the classics and I got hooked on the jams for sure.

Last edited:

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Watched the whole thing kinda on a whim, thank you! Such great musicians.