• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell would they scrap the Double Decker? It is popular and takes a whole 5 more seconds to make (with standard ingredients) than a standard taco. I see them reversing that one quick.

Also, where is the "new" in the whole "out with the old, in with the new"? Are they trying to sell arbitrary combo # changes as a crowd-pleaser?
There is an entire section of that new menu that is currently blurred out....

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool Ranch AAAANNND Fiery Doritos® Locos Tacos???

Really. REALLY? I get one of those with every meal like it's some sort of appetizer.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
What is this BULLSHITTO!

No lava sauce, no dare devil loaded grillers, nacho fries are gone, watermelon freeze is gone, and now they're taking away my fiery doritos?!

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Wait... why cut out chips and salsa?

They're still serving both chips and salsa. It's just giving you a bag of chips (still selling) and a side of salsa (also still selling). What's the point of removing it?

???
I feel as though that's the case with a lot of this. Maybe their cross promotion with Doritos is over so those products are done but stuff like the Chipotle griller (which I think just uses quesadilla chicken) and the ingredients for the xxl stuffed burrito seem like they'd still be doable.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
wtf just replace your regular hardshell with the doritos. Why get rid of it? If they ever take out Mexican pizza, I will be so done.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
That mini quesadilla loss closes the loophole of getting several for less cost than a large one and it being a lot more food.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Man chipotle chicken loaded griller was my favorite item on the menu... This is like losing your first love all over again.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
My spicy potato soft taco is safe.
My double decker??

JTAzzf4.jpg

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I love how restaurants are always so patronizing about taking things you enjoy off the menu, like "oooh we knooow change is HAARRRD but you'll be okay!"

It really just equates to "PLEASE FIND SOMETHING ELSE ON THE MENU YOU LIKE SO WE DON'T LOSE YOUR BUSINESS"

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is an entire section of that new menu that is currently blurred out....

Those are just the promo boxes that they switch out with that month's promotions (food, boxes, contests). I'm talking permanent improvements (like their permanent downgrades they just announced). They went out of their way to market a bunch of stuff disappearing and some cheap graphic design. Stupid move, IMO.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
No mention of the new vegetarian menu with this change. If anything, their meaningful vegetarian menu offerings are taking a huge hit with the Power Burrito gone.

These items will likely be the new additions to the menu whenever it happens, since Taco Bell got cold feet with the faux-meat companies. Not terribly exciting, since these items are just meatless-style swaps for existing staples that have already been a simple customization for a long while. But I guess I can still appreciate the extra visibility it'll provide.
yea I was just excited for it to be easier to order, somehow I can order Fresco style crunch wraps with beans instead of meat and almost every time they add nacho cheese to it.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I used to love the grilled stuft burrito but few years after it came out they changed it to be a giant mass of beans guac and sour cream. It's just like a giant mush filled mess now when it was a more solid burrito originally.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see the numbers of units sold of each of the menu items. Probably would be surprising, some of these might just be low.

My local TB now has the screens inside, wonder if you could try to recreate some of these using all the options available.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
I need my Grilled Stuft burrito. Hopefully something good and big is replacing it :(

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
wtf the power burrito was great after working out and needing some quick protein. Taco Bell gave stuff like this up for their god awful nacho fries?

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
Whether it's "on the menu" or not they'll still be able to make most of these items people. A Double Decker taco is just a hard taco with some beans and a soft taco on the outside.

RIP cool ranch DLT though :(

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
God dammit, I had no idea that a Fiery Doritos taco existed. I thought they only had the nacho cheese and cool ranch

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Wtf at the double decker taco. It's just a taco with a flour tortilla and beans wrapped around it. Why get rid of it?

The one reason I would ever go to a Taco Bell instead of Del Taco...

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I'm still upset that they got rid of gorditas but kept the chalupas. i can't stand the chalupa shells but the pillowy flatbread of the gorditas was divine.

yeah you can still get the cheesy gordita crunch but you can't get straight-up gorditas anymore.

I'll miss the Grilled Stuft Burrito. Was actually my fav burrito on their menu. Closest thing they had to a 'real' taqurita burrito.

I don't get why they try so hard to push the burrito supreme as a core menu item. It's always super, super mushy and half the burrito squirts out the other end as you try to eat it.

Oct 25, 2017
Man chipotle chicken loaded griller was my favorite item on the menu... This is like losing your first love all over again.
my heart is broken. at least you can get chipotle sauce in excess when you need it but...there's something special about that griller

but hey they leave the nacho griller there for some reason. its fine, it just isn't SPECIAL

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Removing the chicken chipotle loaded griller is the biggest tragedy in my life all month.